test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Review reviewing?

groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone!
I've looked around at a few posts on the Forum and we also had a discussion the other day on the in-game "Foundry"-channel (which I can really recommend that you join if you're passionate about creating content for others to play!) and the topic for this post is "Unfair reviews".

Now I haven't had this problem myself, but I'm sure that one day I will. Here's an example:
One person had their module rated with 1 star with the motivation that the "Quest reward sucked".

Since we can't really alter the quest reward, it's a really unfair rating and there should be a way to remove them, however I don't think that we authors should be able to remove reviews ourselves - After all, then we'd all only be bathing in 4 or 5-star reviews and that's not fair either, so what I'm thinking about is that we should be able to report a review/vote so that someone else (Cryptic? Fellow authors? Second opinion from other players?) can make the call if we deserve that rating with motivation, or if it's to be removed.

What say you?
Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
Post edited by groshie on

Comments

• Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say just implement a system where the author can respond and edit responses to reviews. For instance if you get "loot sucks" you can respond with "I'm sorry nothing good dropped for you but the loot quality is controlled by the game." If someone says "there's a part where my companion gets stuck" you can inform them when the problem is addressed. This will help future players make a more educated decision when reading reviews before playing content. Plus it shows that the author is active and listening to the players. It works well on sites where feedback is key like auction sites. I think it could work well here.

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend a system where you can upvote or downvote reviews. The reviews in-game are much like comments on Youtube, given their length. So a similar system where you can either downvote or "Report as Spam" would be great.
    However, that doesn't mean that we should forget about the fact that the current reward system is broken and that if you move away from the chest, the review window disappears. Yes, the reviewers have their fair share of flaws, but the game is also in dire need of tweaking.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • Options
    mirimeromirimero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend a system where you can upvote or downvote reviews. The reviews in-game are much like comments on Youtube, given their length. So a similar system where you can either downvote or "Report as Spam" would be great.
    ^This. Please, please do exactly this. I'd love to see a system where the most helpful review gets shown first.
  • Options
    adhreanadhrean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »

/Signed. This needs to happen. While my review panel is fairly empty, I've played lots of the best foundry quests and checked out their review panels only to see some horrible reviews. One was so bad it went "1 star. Not in English'. This is rubbish. Change the system!
    7hkpesap3zswchmskoh.jpg
    Part 1(NW-DMDKN4OSV) Part 2(NW-DDILOBE9K)