test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this just me (duplicate map)

zer033zer033 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Does duplicate map work for anyone? I really need this function to be able to build my quest the way I need to (since it won't let you add the same map multiple times in a quest line and I need to be able to backtrack). Whenever I click duplicate map it just crashes. Also anyone know the maximum amount of maps you can have in a quest? So far I have 4, but I'll need about 12 unless I split it into multiple acts and release a campaign. It's taking a long time to do this quest so I'm thinking of splitting the entire thing into 3 acts (act 1 will still take 9 maps), then only 3 maps for act2 and act3, but I may add some more story if I split it into acts and extend maps.

Also is there any way to allow players to zone into any map at any time instead of fulfilling some objective to unlock a map transition?
Post edited by zer033 on

Comments

• giovithgiovith Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I've had a seperate issue with duplicating maps in which it compiles all the contact conversations and pastes them onto every object it can, like doors, walls, crates, torches, rocks, invisible walls.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    giovith wrote: »
    I've had a seperate issue with duplicating maps in which it compiles all the contact conversations and pastes them onto every object it can, like doors, walls, crates, torches, rocks, invisible walls.

I am currently having this problem.

Any word on a fix/ workaround? I don't think I'll be able (or willing) to finish my foundry mission as it stands.
  • fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I had both problems. Crash and then when it duplicated it made everything interactive. So what I did is remove all interactive items on the map including contacts, doors, markers, and patrols. It worked. so now I need to go back and plug everything back in. Its a pain but the only way of getting it to work, for now.

Hope this helps :confused:
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have 8 maps in 1 quest currently, but don't know the upper limit.

Duplicating maps is very buggy currently, not had the crash problem. But when you do duplicate a map you can end up with all dialogue being duplicated hundreds of times (which does make the foundry a little slow to use until all the duplicated dialogue is removed).

If you want to duplicated NPC's / items with dialogue in tact, then you'll have to duplicated the map, delete any dialogue entry's with loads of duplicates. Then duplicate the npc / item from the original map, cut and paste into your new map. This way the duplicated npc / item will have dialogue in tact (opposed to having orphaned references).

If the dialogue has conditional branches / responses, then you also have to go through the duplicated dialogue and rest all the conditions to valid references on the new map.

Map Zoning: Players can only switch to a new map through quest objectives sadly. So you can't make explore-able extra maps which are not part of the main quest objective (Hopefully this is something they will change).
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what the map limit is, but I do know that there is an unpublished object limit for the whole quest. If you pass this limit, none of your maps will load at all,and you will get a meaningless message. The only way I know to fix this is to delete one of the maps so the object limit goes back down. I think I hit it at 3x1500 object maps.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    I don't know what the map limit is, but I do know that there is an unpublished object limit for the whole quest. If you pass this limit, none of your maps will load at all,and you will get a meaningless message. The only way I know to fix this is to delete one of the maps so the object limit goes back down. I think I hit it at 3x1500 object maps.

That is handy to know, almost reached that limit on one quest.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.