test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rollong for unidentified items makes no sense

nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand that items can't just be identified right off the bat or it would undermine the entire purpose of identifying items, but in dungeons, there has got to be a better way. How does someone know if an item is an upgrade if they only know the item is for their class, and have no idea as to the stats? I've started just needing on anything I can wear, which is a very bad set up, because half the stuff I get is not an upgrade and should have just gone to the greed pool roll. But I can't know until I roll and identify it.
Post edited by nicknameschmickname on

Comments

• jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    I don't see any point for the whole identification process. It would mean more if the item would have basic stats, but then bonus stats would be hidden which you would need to identify.

Also it is irritating when selling unidentified items to the vendor when you have to click to confirm the transaction everytime. urgh...

Now in the groups, the common policy is, if you can use it, need it. No time to guess if it is an upgrade or not.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about how there are no very rare and only a few rare items to identify at all? Why does the level 60 scroll even have to exist?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    They're cool for D&D authenticity, but more of a pain then they're worth. I have to agree, it's hard to know whether to need or greed an item if you don't know what it does. At least give us the level, and some basic info.
  • faydrellefaydrelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find this troubling as well. I feel like this is not a fun or useful system. Please reconsider identifying all together, but especially the dungeon drops as this is quite problematic.
  • bluehawk89bluehawk89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't like the current system either; it would be nice if they would do one of the following if Cryptic is dead set on keeping the "Identify" process.

1) Have a window pop-up before the item does asking if you want to identify the item, and everyone would be able to respond to this request; but someone with an Identify Scroll available has to select "Yes" in order for the item to be identified. If no one who selected "Yes" has an Identify Scroll then the item will not be identified. Once this process has been decided the item will appear for rolling, and if it has been "Identified" then the stats will be displayed; but if the item was not "Identified" then we would see an item that was not identified.

2) It could simply tell you this would be an upgrade for you without revealing any information about the item. It would simply state, "This item would be an upgrade for you."
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrax wrote: »
    They're cool for D&D authenticity

I doubt anyone runs a campaign where almost every mob drops a magical item.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant we just have a summonable djinn that can id things for us for a cost ad or gold and maybe have him sell some stuff too like pots you run out of quickly in dungeons since bosses havent been nerfed to match the constant character nerfing for pvp sooks
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    cant we just have a summonable djinn that can id things for us for a cost ad or gold and maybe have him sell some stuff too like pots you run out of quickly in dungeons since bosses havent been nerfed to match the constant character nerfing for pvp sooks
    Oooh... this!

Dunno about a djinn (always been a bit unpredictable, according to lore) but an Oracle Stone or similar magic object that could be charged by ID scrolls... kinda like the Diablo][ tomes?
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty much useless, especially at 60, since mobs don't even drop greater scrolls, I'm not going to dump 125 AD just to squeeze a bit more silver out of green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lol. Really now?
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya i pass on all greens now, not worth picking up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then decline on all unidentified items.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]