test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue's ninja mask?

malcolmsohmmalcolmsohm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys,
Since the early levels I've had only one kind of mask, the "zorro" type mask, with the hat and the eye mask, but I've seen other players wearing this "ninja" or shinobi mask, which is basically a cloth covering the nose, mouth and neck.

Is this race/gender based? Im a human male TR, can you get these type of ninja masks on male human TRogues?

I've searched everywhere but havent found the answer.

Thanks!
Post edited by malcolmsohm on

Comments

• l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I think I got mine after a pvp match.. I have one
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • malcolmsohmmalcolmsohm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the fast reply!
    Are you a male human TR?
    Can you take a screenshot of yourself with the item description?
  • draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed on my TR that the mask is the skin for a blue item. All of my blues, save the pirate hat, have been masks. All of my greens have been the silly hat, which looks ridiculous on a Tiefling, so I just don't show the head gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • northernvanguardnorthernvanguard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im pretty sure its just a higher lvl version of the headwear for rogues. You'll probably encounter them at around lvl 40+. Think that was around the time i got my first.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Higher level gear looks different. That silly zorro hat is low level. Just wait until you see the hat you get from PvP glory. It is the stupidest looking thing I have ever seen.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • lotbonelotbone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got this mouth covering mask but you can still see the beard under it. like the beard was covering the mask.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my mask around lvl 32, it was a blue.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a lvl 26 elf rogue. That mask is a lvl 20 blue that i bought from the armour vendor

kallielynn.png
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exact same armor model can look different on different races. Spend a lot of time inspecting people to find out what is what.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    I have a lvl 26 elf rogue. That mask is a lvl 20 blue that i bought from the armour vendor

kallielynn.png
    May I say, she looks pretty bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$!
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• morbidthought666morbidthought666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I much prefer than bandit mask over the zorro hat/mask thing. Wish I could use the change appearance to change zorro to a bandit.
  • vylent2vylent2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought you could do that? whats the point then... and why does it say you can replace the appearance with similar items?
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I prefer the Zorro mask on my Halfling TR, it looks most excellent.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    zedfighter wrote: »
    The exact same armor model can look different on different races. Spend a lot of time inspecting people to find out what is what.
    Yes exactly, but is it possible to have a ninja-like mask on a male human rogue??

As a side note: Im lvl 37 now, and have been in more than 10 PVP matches. Weirdly enough, my team has won everyone of them, and I've never gotten a mask. I guess I have bad luck then :D
  • luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't scale very well with various races and face shapes. On my half-orc, the teeth are visible and the mask goes through the head on the sides making it look horrible. Still, it's not as bad as long hair and armours with big collars since masks can be disabled.

Another stupid example would be pirate hats making your characters go bald.

Btw, the lowest level "ninja" mask I've seen is Cutthroat's Mask of Whatever at 18. There might be a few in the AH if you're lucky.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys for the replies! This game is amazing, came out of nowhere for me, and its the only MMORPG that is actually getting me hooked in years
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylent2 wrote: »
    I thought you could do that? whats the point then... and why does it say you can replace the appearance with similar items?

Haven't tried it with the mask or armor (other have definitely done the armor and if the original was dyed that carries over as well)

I have done it with rogue weapons tho (be aware it costs AD). End result is quite nice. Here's me at level 48 with two orcish axes instead of the daggers.

elnwnaxe.jpg
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    They don't scale very well with various races and face shapes. On my half-orc, the teeth are visible and the mask goes through the head on the sides making it look horrible. Still, it's not as bad as long hair and armours with big collars since masks can be disabled.

Another stupid example would be pirate hats making your characters go bald.

Btw, the lowest level "ninja" mask I've seen is Cutthroat's Mask of Whatever at 18. There might be a few in the AH if you're lucky.

If you want to talk about clipping issues, worst clipping still goes to Tiefling hands down. Horns make every helmet look horrible, and that tail is just magic.
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found the difficulty to go up at around level 30.

and then end game is definitely 'group worthy' - some of the boss mechanics are pretty cool and inventive.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See a lot of Ninja masks from level 30 to 50 from greens and blues. Even saw a level 45 blue that uses the silly hat. Got into the habit of clicking change appearance for every item I get even if it is not my own class.