test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG!!!! Forget Rogues man. WTH is up with Guardians???????????

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Are they supposed to be able to spam block all incoming damage all while spamming a charge and doing THIS kind of damage!?!?!?!?!?!

35lubrc.jpg
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• biovitalbiovital Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone is just used to crying about rogues killing them in 2 hits but they don't mind that CWs can basically CC you till you die or that GFs can just chain knockdown till your dead, rogues are just faster at it.
  • testdummy1412testdummy1412 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have negative defense? As far as I know it is:
    <name> deals <damage taken> (<damage before damage reduction>)

That are all the guardians skills with highest damage, compared to other classes it's quite low for the highest damage.
    I normally miss 50+% of my melee range skills, so the dps is a lot lower than those few numbers you see there.

Anvil of doom does double damage on targets with less then 25% health, so could have been higher.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol ok. I thought this was another thread about the GF exploit that lets us hit for hundreds of thousands damage. Glad it isn't!
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Considering that you are a wizard and aren't using your shield, I would say that GF isn't doing particularry high damage.
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    hmm not sure what level fighting is that as endo seems to do very poor damage to be level 60 while guardians skills seem to do about what expected on level 60
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nismu wrote: »
    hmm not sure what level fighting is that as endo seems to do very poor damage to be level 60 while guardians skills seem to do about what expected on level 60

Bracket 50-59, you think he was exploiting or hacking? He did this all game long.
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    might be just very good gears and wizard having bad ones. well on those levels it seems pretty normal for his part what i can remember. probably good power gear and so on.
    and there was fact that damage was amplified, probably combat advantage and damage mitigation penalty from ray of enfeeblement.
  • vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 words

Knight's Challenge
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GFs get a huge boost in damage from the Conqueror tree at 50. These numbers aren't out of the question against a squishy.
    vlayde9 wrote: »
    2 words

Knight's Challenge

He's not using KC if he used Lunging Strike, Griffon's Wrath, and Anvil of Doom.
  • lampertslamperts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All classes are able to do something or another thats 'broken'

Except maybe GWF :P
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Considering that you are a wizard and aren't using your shield, I would say that GF isn't doing particularry high damage.

He is using a shield- it absorbed 35 damage.

Also note that his daily power (ice-knife is the strongest single target spell a CW has) hit about the same as the GF's GW! Pretty strange. I found at the '8 levels my damage sucks in every bracket- were you level 58 by chance?
  • noirv2noirv2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »

You obviously don't know how shield works, lol.
  • jsewelljsewell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I encountered a GF who was bugged or exploiting or something earlier in Castle Never where he was debuffing everything's defense so much that it let him 1-2 hit all elites, even bosses. I think it's a bug with their t2.5 armor, or else we would see more people doing this

made a report of it here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?237552-Guardian-Fighter-t2-5-(I-think)-gear-glitch-problem&p=3113512#post3113512