test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stats from Gears in PVP

montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
do you get all those stats from gears in Pvp? if so im one step closer to moving on
Post edited by montiblanc on

Comments

• Options
    sm177ysm177y Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    What are you talking about?

If you are asking if you get purple gear from PvP then yes, you do get stats from those. Basically you can get top gear from Pvp for the entire left side of your equipment screen. The right side you have to PvE for tops gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so pvp is stat based...better gears win the game & required skill is minimal

that's all I needed to know
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Skill will always be stronger then just gear.. No matter what game you play.
    Only people who dont have skill tell themselfs gear wins fights to get their selfesteem up.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tell yourself what you want, non-equalized pvp has always failed in my books
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sm177y wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

If you are asking if you get purple gear from PvP then yes, you do get stats from those. Basically you can get top gear from Pvp for the entire left side of your equipment screen. The right side you have to PvE for tops gear.

PvP gear is awful.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There isn't much difference in gear for PvP. You can get near max gear in less than a day. It's the good team players that roll everyone. But there are a few P2W options for pvp. Though it's upwards of $100+ (not counting mount speeds)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    PvP gear is awful.

Do dungeons drop superior gear? Or do you just mean finding blue gear that fits your stats better? I've mostly been Pvping so I'm oblivious to it. There is an incredible lack of info about this game on these forums and net.
  • Options
    testdummy1412testdummy1412 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes PvP is for a part stat based, but stats are making you only twice(maybe 2.5 with end game gear?) as strong at lvl 60 compared to using nothing. And it's very easy(few hours) to get good enough items.

The main advantage of having stats from gear in PvP is that you can use different builds, making PvP a lot more fun.
  • Options
    elrodeuselrodeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    montiblanc wrote: »
    tell yourself what you want, non-equalized pvp has always failed in my books

Oh is that what ruined this game? Awesome! Well now we know how to fix it!!! Lets make everyone the same class, put everyone in the same gear, and give everyone the same skill set, and while we're at it lets make sure everyone's mice have the same model and keyboards are the same across players as well!

You're what's ruining MMORPG's. Please go back to playing Call of Duty: Black $hi7
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    montiblanc wrote: »
    so pvp is stat based...better gears win the game & required skill is minimal

that's all I needed to know

I agree with you that skill-based pvp is much better than gear-based grinds. However, so far I have found the gear-gap in this game to be moderate and it is fairly easy to get the top gear. WoW, Rift, Tera etc took a long time to get competative gear; NW is definately not on the same level, it is much better and very close to an equalized model. Its pretty amazing really since I expected a horrid gear grind.

I say give it a go; the pvp in this game was a huge positive surprise for me.