test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only 4 in dungeon, how do we get 5th

karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Most of the dungeon runs someone quits or d/c's How do you get a 5th???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    You kick the DC'd guy and sometimes a 5th will get into the dungeon "late". No need to restart the whole dungeon.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Soon they will probably introduce a new Zen store purchase you can buy to add a new player to your group after someone rage quits. They'll sell it in packs of 10 for $25. :D
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The d/c or the person that quit will go away but we never got a 5th. In fact I would say 25% of all dungeon runs I have done resulted in this. We have never received a 5th. This seems to be a horrible design. No way to re Q for a 5th.
  • chazzman2012chazzman2012 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol @ ykishiro3
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In all seriousness, if its still really early in the dungeon, you kick the DC person and hope after 3-4 minutes you get a replacement. If not, or you have gone a good ways in, you need to leave the dungeon and re-enter the queue and wait.

Hopefully soon they will allow for randoms to enter the match mid way through queue, or at least allow people to invite others from guilds or friends lists.
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my experience, if someone leaves, gets kicked, early, the game will usually give you another random player.

If its later in the dungeon, your screwed.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • aaxxandumaaxxandum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ask people on your friend list to join or guildmates.
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aaxxandum wrote: »
    Ask people on your friend list to join or guildmates.
    does not work.
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone actually ever seen a lost player replaced after the first boss goes down? I never have.

All die, so die well.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly yes, what a glaring fault in dungeons.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    does not work.

Sure it does. Easy peasey. Only hiccup is that they have to enter the dungeon from its entrance instead of transporting their like the initial queue does.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could see it both ways. For example I really wouldn't want to join a dungeon that's cleared everything and is stuck on the last boss. I've also been on the other end of the stick where one person leaves and you're pretty much hosed at that point and basically you have just wasted an hour of yoru time and maybe a good bit of coin on potions and kits for nothing.

However there should be an option to let people choose to join partially completed dungeons if they want.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone actually ever seen a lost player replaced after the first boss goes down? I never have.

After the first boss is usually too late for a queued replacement to show up.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I could see it both ways. For example I really wouldn't want to join a dungeon that's cleared everything and is stuck on the last boss. I've also been on the other end of the stick where one person leaves and you're pretty much hosed at that point and basically you have just wasted an hour of yoru time and maybe a good bit of coin on potions and kits for nothing.

However there should be an option to let people choose to join partially completed dungeons if they want.
    There is an option to join. Party leader invites them to the group/party. Doesn't get much easier.
  • setidayetisetidayeti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quoting the OP. The option of being added to an ALREADY formed party with strictly less than 5 ppl should be allowed when enrolling to the dungeon queue. Dammit Cryptic, WoW MUST be copied with respect to its positive mechanics!
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an option to join. Party leader invites them to the group/party. Doesn't get much easier.

I was talking about an option from within the queuing system.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sure it does. Easy peasey. Only hiccup is that they have to enter the dungeon from its entrance instead of transporting their like the initial queue does.

Are you a 100% sure about this? Can anyone else confirm? Cause this would be huge.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a two sided problem. If you let dropped players be easily replaced then the leader can be as much of a jerk as he wants and never pay any penalty. I have watched a leader kick a person for looting a crafting node that the leader arrived at second but wanted to loot (not that the leader ever said a word in the whole dungeon until after kicking him), so he kicked the player only to have the player's friend that he queued with drop the party too. The party was left with 3 people because the leader was being a baby about a crafting node. I can only hope if I ever get stuck with that leader again he will have learned his lesson and not kick people over something so trivial. The current system allows less than perfect players to stay in the group rather than be kicked by a leader that is hoping for something better.

On the other hand, when someone leaves being stuck with a group of 4 (or 3 in the above case) is not acceptable either. I figure they either need to make it so that you cannot replace kicked players (but can replace anyone that leaves voluntarily or is disconnected before they are kicked) or they need to make it so that you can replace any player but kicking can only be done when all 4 of the other people vote to kick the bad player. In other games I have watched countless players be kicked because when someone suggests kicking most the people just hit yes without even thinking so allowing a vote of 3 to kick someone is just too easy. I would say it needs to be a full vote of 4 to allow kicking.
  • jazzllannjazzllann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No it does not work. When you try to add someone to a group that was formed via the queue system and try to add someone from your fiends list from the group it says something along the lines of "cannot add people to a group from queue" It will not let you add people once you are in the dungeon from a queue group.. now if you self form maybe idk.