test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gear score is worthless

hadriax1hadriax1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Gear score does absolutly nothing but promote elitism and bad behavior. All the little kids love it tho, as if it means there any good at playing there toons. Gear score is no reflection on a persons ability to play, learn or adapt. As a matter of fact most of the people bragging about there gear score just afk'd in pvp to get purples (something else thats broken).

It should never have been put in the game, not sure what they where thinking on this one. Just one more thing that will turn ppl away i guess.
Post edited by hadriax1 on

Comments

• Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    If I have a gear score of 12 does that mean I won the game?
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gear does not equal skill. Unfortunately, most of the gamers these days think it does.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Gear does not equal skill. Unfortunately, most of the gamers these days think it does.

Please post your gear score so I can decide if your opinion is of value... ;)
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I dunno but a blue (sarcasm) chest piece with AC5, 110 crit, and 75def will always get a higher recommendation than a green ac6, 120 crit, 80 def, 75 recovery.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gear score just says whether you meet the minimal stats to survive/contribute to a dungeon and nothing more then that...
  • Options
    reconx454reconx454 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Gear score just says whether you meet the minimal stats to survive/contribute to a dungeon and nothing more then that...

^ This, but alot of the people that play this game think this is WoW. They should go back to WoW
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »

Gear score doesn't mean **** if you can't follow mechanics.
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »
    Please post your gear score so I can decide if your opinion is of value... ;)

Um, 7910. Though, since I don't know who you are, if I've ever done a dungeon run with you or anything of the sort, not sure how that will help you at all. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Um, 7910. Though, since I don't know who you are, if I've ever done a dungeon run with you or anything of the sort, not sure how that will help you at all. :)

I figure judging someone's ability to post on the forums by their gear score is the same as judging their ability to run a dungeon from their gear score. :)
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gearscore is just some numbers for stats. Playing your class well is inevitably better than any gear score.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ plus entry to higher dungeons. Doesn't really affect anything honestly. I know rogues with GS of 7xxx-8500 who output more damage/contribute more than 9xxx ones.

PS: 14k GS here. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    let me guess...all those stats win you in pvp too ~_~
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    Gear score doesn't mean **** if you can't follow mechanics.

What Mechanics?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What Mechanics?

The mechanic of the healer trying to stay alive kiting all of the adds the boss spawns. :)
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No amount of skill in the world will let you beat a dungeon without items.

Gear score is a measure of what a character is capable of numerically, which is then a prerequisite for trying to beat something realistically.

If you want really hard dungeon instances, don't check anyones gear and enter the dungeon before anyone's said anything at all. Then facepalm when your GWF is using a weapon ten levels below the instance. Is skill going to overcome that handicap? Maybe. Do you have the three hours to complete the instance? Maybe.

Personally I like things hard, but when you need to take half your characters gear off to make it that way maybe you're too good for this game. That is what you're doing, right?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC