test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voice Acting for Markos Rosznar?

beoelf2121beoelf2121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So up until i talked to Markos, i have to say the voice acting has been pretty awesome. Which is something i wasn't expecting, But this dude? lol It sounds to me like a voice of some Disney channel child actor who thinks the have a cool voice when in reality they are trying way to hard. Did anyone else pick up on the fact that Markos' voice acting seems really out of place compared to all the others?
Post edited by beoelf2121 on

Comments

• wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As an aspiring thespian myself :D I would love to do some voice overs for this game, I wouldn't even charge them for it ;) .
    So If any devs want me to do any in the future drop me a PM.
    Back to the OP I have found many very good but you are right a few seem a little out of place.
    I would like to see the actor list because it annoys me that I know their voice but can't place them.
    edited May 2013
    Just to point out Iam not saying the voice acting is bad with some just the casting may be a little off on a couple :D
  • beoelf2121beoelf2121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah for sure. Next time your in Icespire Peak, to the left at the first campfire in the zone. That's where Markos is, just take a listen to him lol.
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a theory that some of the voices are intentionally way over the top as a tribute to DMs doing silly voices in tabletop games. Old Lenn is a shining example; whoever voiced him makes your average character actor look like the pinnacle of subtlety in comparison.

"MAH CHYEEAAUUST!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
    edited May 2013
    I agree...did you watch The Oscar winning actor Jeremy Irons in the D&D film....boy I bet he loved doing that role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28snhq40C8o

Just makes me want to do it :D