test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some daggers can't be equipped in the off-hand?

farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I have 2 iceshard dagger, but i can only use it in my main hand.
The other iceshard dagger wouldn't let me equip it in the off hand.

Any idea how do i know if a dagger could be equipped in the off-hand slot before buying it off the auction?

Currently im using iceshard + master duelist long dagger.
Post edited by farronz on

Comments

• creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not too sure bout this but i think there's this little notification text on the dagger description that says its can only be equipped on main hand. daggers that can be equipped on the off hand doesnt say anything
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not too sure bout this but i think there's this little notification text on the dagger description that says its can only be equipped on main hand. daggers that can be equipped on the off hand doesnt say anything

Yep. Also, I believe all weapons with a "Weapon Enchantment" slot are main-hand only. It's done to make sure the Rogue isn't the only class that can use two weapon-enchantment crystals.
  • farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my master duelist long dagger has weapon enchantment slot, and i can wield it on my offhand
  • rielamkinrielamkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently using daggers with enchants in both hands. I have yet to encounter anything that wouldn't let me swap. Is this something that happens at max level maybe?
  • mysticfloatermysticfloater Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only started this weekend but at level 12 I have not found a dagger that I could put in my off-hand. I even tried buy two lethal daggers at a vendor thinking that each was intended for a different hand. It did not work... I cannot drag a dagger to my off-hand...

If there is some other way of equipping a dagger in the off-hand slot please let me know. Thanks in advance
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have one dagger in main hand, and nothing in the second, double-clicking on the new dagger in inventory should drop it right into the second, off-hand slot, I would think. That said, yes, there are some daggers that specifically state "main hand only".... others just say "blade" and can go in either.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    farronz wrote: »
    I have 2 iceshard dagger, but i can only use it in my main hand.
    The other iceshard dagger wouldn't let me equip it in the off hand.

Any idea how do i know if a dagger could be equipped in the off-hand slot before buying it off the auction?

Currently im using iceshard + master duelist long dagger.

General rule. If it has a purple mod slot it's main hand only.

There are a few exceptions, but those are T1 daggers and usually the crappy ones.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rielamkin wrote: »
    I'm currently using daggers with enchants in both hands. I have yet to encounter anything that wouldn't let me swap. Is this something that happens at max level maybe?

He's not talking about enchants or low level items. Level 60 main hand weapons have an additional purple mod slot.
  • angrybenkoangrybenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It says on the item near the bottom of the description "Main hand Only"
  • muerdocmuerdoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have run into this same problem. The way around it that works for me so far is to unequip both main and off hand, then re-equip with the new ones. Trying to equip from inventory just puts the dagger in the main hand. I have the same problem with rings.