test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

map editing question

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi,

Just started editing my first map and I have a question that I couldn't find the answer to.

Is it possible in 3d editing to switch clipping on/off? The default seems to be that my character walks through objects, which is awkward when I want to check the alignment of some stairs, as he can't walk up them unless I exit 3d mode

Alternatively is there a way to fly around the map? In other words move the camera in the vertical plane whilst in 3d edit?

Also I notice in various places that people mention there are some editing /slash commands. Is there somewhere which lists all the ones available?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post edited by nevfe on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Is it possible in 3d editing to switch clipping on/off?" No.

"Alternatively is there a way to fly around the map?" No.
  • tokrayumatokrayuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really like the 3D editing mode - especially for some of the more small detailed tweaks on might make on a map...

The only thing making it almost-useless is the fact that you are still grounded while editing... clipping or otherwise if I can't fly up above the objects I'm placing, what the heck is the point?
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree to the 3D mode is very convenient. First, the map crammed a lot of things which you have arranged in 3D mode. For me there is only one problem. When I want to say, a wall duplicated in 3D mode (it says "copy") is nothing to get her. Perhaps something wrong up to?
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Is it possible in 3d editing to switch clipping on/off?" No.

Sort of. Objects that you place/copy/accidentally highlight while in a 3d editing session will have collision disabled. Objects that you haven't touched or highlighted will have their normal collision. So if you are careful not to accidentally look at something it will still have collision in 3d editing. Until you accidentally look down, highlight the thing you are standing on for a brief moment, and plummet. Fun times...
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)