test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard so limiting

zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
The Control Wizard is a nice class and all but its name gives it's intentions away. "Control" meaning its built to control your opponents and keep them away from you. Is there an actual thaumaturgist class in the works thats meant to scour beings with a single incantation?
Post edited by zynathar on

Comments

• Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Scourge warlock / ranger inc
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decubis wrote: »
    Scourge warlock / ranger inc

Yeah, the Warlock is the soonest casting dps (striker) class that is coming. If War Wizard ever comes in, it's the wizard that is the damage dealer. it will be interesting how things pan out once that happens, since right now people are so focused on making control wizards damage dealers instead of controllers.
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just note that Scourge Warlocks are classified as Strikers which means they focus on single dps like Trickster Rogues do. War Wizards (which are still Controllers) are of the AoE dps kind.

Cryptic really needs to hurry up and bring out a couple more classes and at least 1 more Paragon path for each class. The sooner we see something like a War Wizard, the sooner they can focus on making Control Wizards control more. We have way too many dps oriented feats at the moment, and not enough CC feats :(
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's funny is, if a Control Wizard that's not even trying that hard to focus on dmg can drop people in 2 seconds, I wonder how fast the striker class caster will drop people lol.
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Also, with the sheer amount of adds the bosses spawn, there is not enough control to keep them actually controlled, so you pretty much have to go for the dps instead to take them down before they gank the cleric.
    That's from playing to level 40 though, so maybe it'll get better.
  • Options
    malaqtmalaqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double ray of enfeeble, and then Ice Knife with combat advantage and no chill on the target. My record is 30k in PvE and a 24k in PvP. Scoured from the earth is a good way to describe the usual results.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah we need more paragon paths asap. will spice things up a bit.
  • Options
    yummydownontheseyummydownonthese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only reason I even played this class was because it's ranged. I just hate that you're pigeon-holed into a CC role. It can do damage, but I'm a PvPer and if you don't have control skills on your bar then you're not doing your job as a CW. Hurry up with the DEEPS please.
  • Options
    mathbathmathbath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    More paragon paths would be fantastic. More classes, sooner rather than later, would also be awesome. I hope with module 1 coming they add either new paragon paths or release a class with whatever content they'll add. Speaking of, has there been any other info that's come about module 1? I'd prefer solid info and not speculation about how druids are "totally gonna be the next class".