test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Newbie Question

pianodogpianodog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Greetings!

I'm new to the Foundry, but not to modding or coding. The logic of these things typically click with me and I've been looking for an answer to my problem for a while now without wanting to ask - but I'm coming up dry and feeling quite like I'm going mad... so...

My first test run, I'm creating a chain of maps and objectives but having some difficulty getting a map transition to work the way I want it to. It does work, but it's working against my will.

Start > go to any exterior door and view Overworld Map (click location) > transition to Outside Map (Small Lake, Detailed) > Dialog with NPC (two options to continue, one to fail and abandon) > (content that hasn't been added yet) > use object to transition to next map > transition to Outside Map (Large Winding Path)

The last transition won't work how I want it to. What I want to do is to use a Portal or Horse to transition to the next map when the player clears the area and all objectives are complete. So far when the dialog is complete, I'm unable to assign a horse or portal as the transition item. I can, however, use other objects - logs, rocks, buildings - and those do act correctly for transition. If I use nothing, it simply says "Press F to leave map" and skips to the next map in line.

Any thoughts on why I cannot use the a dead NPC, horse, portal, or other object as transitions but rocks and logs do work?

Comments

• gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think an invisible clicky can be used for map transitions, so you could place one over the dead horse or portal fx.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes there's both a flat/horizontal and spherical 'invisible' portals. It's basically just the sparklies that show up, and you can move them over whatever you want.