test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone get a good con score?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Or are they all gimped? The max I can get is 13 and that's with a racial bonus for a dwarf.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe the class you are choosing needs the points elsewhere? I have no problem getting over that when I make a dwarf..
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Con is a dump stat. ;)

It doesn't seem as vital here as it traditionally is in pnp and DDO. Especially with our huge hp totals. I don't know what it contributes to here, not in game at the moment. Do any classes have it as a main or secondary stat even?
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The roles are not random , only a few sets . If con is not a preferred stat of your class you need a lower main stat to get a higher con . My half-orc wizard started with a 14 con , that's the best for a wizard . But he has a 15 int and 14 charisma .
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian Fighters and Great Weapon Fighters have access as a secondary stat, but for the most part with 4th ED rules you just focus your primary stats and maybe your secondary stats.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian Fighter has it listed as the primary stat, but since Strength does damage and Guard meter, I feel it's a secondary stat for them. Great Weapon Fighters also have it listed as a secondary stat.
  • Options
    gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF has it as a mainstat.

Most other classes get a 2ndary effect out of CON that isn't too shabby. GWF gets to ignore more damage resistance for example.

How high each of your stats can roll during creation depends entirely on how high you rolled elsewhere, what race you are, and what class you are.

Also in case this wasn't obvious, when you "roll" stats, it's really all point based, just randomly. Which really doesn't make any sense to even bother rolling. So for example, you'll never roll 3 18's by sheer luck. Just won't happen.
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I've been trying for a decent Con for a TR. I actually got it to 14 a couple times but the other stats weren't to good so I "re-rolled". But I didn't start to see 14s until I try a half-orc as a TR. But if what beaghan1 is saying my Con shouldn't really be that high. Oh well. Dump the Con as tfangel said. :(
    Thanks for the input everyone. :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, for TRs it is all about Dex/Str or Dex/Cha depending on if you play more like a bruiser or take more advantage of combat advantage/deflection. However, lacking stats can be balanced out if needed more by gear or feats.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are only about 10 possible stat combos, then add racial to those. That generally means you get a low con for most classes -- the only way to get a decent score is to accept the one that has 15 as its highest roll and is "balanced" across the stats with several 12s and 13s. This is not "optimal" IMHO, here is why:
    con does one thing: (score-10) X 2 % more health. So, 13 gives you 6% more health.
    but your primary stat does a lot of other things. Like int, for a wizard, I think does (score-10) % more damage. So a 20 does 10% more damage. A wizard with a 15 int and 14 con then gets 8% more health but loses 5% damage. The extra health is tiny, the extra damage is important, in this game. At some point, health pales compared to defense/armor/deflect ratings. But damage is always effective....

My 1/2 orc TR has, I think, 13 con? And double 18s in str/dex which is now like 23 of each... 24 at 60 I think... I have not beefed up con at all.

I think all classes can get a +% health from feats. You cannot get +% damage from feats (for the classes that even have this, its not a big a gain as raw stats, as far as I can tell, its a % of a % so you get like 2% from the feat vs 14% or more from the stat...!).

It is perfectly fine to not max-min the stats. This info is simply the best I have right now and hopefully helps make an informed decision. As for 1/2 orc TR... its a winner with the double 18s.