test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just rolled GWF....

fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
and screwed up taking a half orc with bonuses into str and dex, instead of con. How important is con really? What would you say the minimum would be that I should shoot for?

Also, what are the priority of stats for a GWF? I'll go out on a limb and say they're probably something like pow>crit>/=recovery>defense=ArP. However, my main is a cleric, and power for us is actually rather a crappy stat, and we prefer Recovery>crit>power. I'm just not sure if that's just applicable to just clerics or is power itself not as strong in this game as it was in other RPGs? Is Recovery>Crit>pow a better build? and where does ArP fit in? is that beneficial at all end game? or should I just ignore it? THx
Post edited by fugenchutenz on

Comments

• aeolis1aeolis1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dex is better than con if you're dpsing
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think dex is even better for survivability, has a lot of aoe defense / deflection and a lot of synergy to sentinel tree...so you choose the optimal race...also the race bonuses compliment gwf nicely
  • daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Str > Dex > Con

But I'm really curious why a half-orc gets a Dex bonus..

For stats I'd go with Power > Recovery > Crit > Defense > Armor Pen
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont worry about recovery in the beginning (unless you want to heavily pvp)....thats only important end game - so just look for power and crit...power and defense if you get the defense-power feat...end game gear will have recovery either way
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've stacked recovery up to +15% and can't honestly tell the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    I've stacked recovery up to +15% and can't honestly tell the difference.

This. It just doesn't feel like Recovery is needed on a GWF. Our Encounters are mostly dropped in Unstoppable anyway and build more than enough AP when used, especially IBS.

I've got 5 points into Student of the Sword so I think I'm gonna play around with Crit to see how well Defense shredding works for the party.
  • daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Well I've noticed significant difference with recovery stats
  • pulikayapulikaya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    Well I've noticed significant difference with recovery stats

Recovery is based on % so you may notice it more on long cd skills but not much on short cd skills, I stacked it on my DC(60) and noticed it on there but cant really notice it on GWF(35) yet
  • fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the input guys. I mostly intend on building my GWF to be a trash tanker to keep adds off the DC as much as possible while still pumping out the aoe dps, and doing pvp on the side. I'm currently sitting at 18 str, 17 dex and 14 con. (I dropped a point each into str and con at level 10) I figured I'd drop the two points I get at 20 into con and dex bringing them up to 18/15/18. The across the board increases at 30 and 60 I'll get +2 to each bringing me up to 20/17/20 which leaves me with the bonus skill points at 40 and 50 where I can put 1 into 2 stats. I figure I can do it one of two ways, I could either go with 22str/17con/22dex, or I could do 21 str/19 con/21 dex. Based on what I've heard about the difficulty of end game dungeons, I'm wondering if the two extra to con is worth going for or not. From what I've read somewhere else 2 extra con is very little health at 60.
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    recovery makes a massive difference - both in pvp and in pve

far better stat than crit