test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Miracle Healer vs The Grand Templar

nailozinnailozin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
What t2 are you guys aiming for?

For me they are both very good in their ways. I already have dropped 3 miracle healer pieces but noone from Grand Templar and I am still holding them on my bag until I decide which one I want to go. +450 power and crit for the party seems awesome, even that crit probably going to be wasted by DR. So what as a no brainer, which one you guys are going for?
Post edited by nailozin on

Comments

• Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll probably be using the high prophet set regardless of it being a lower tier. Put all my effort towards the weapon set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Miracle Healer ftw - 5% of your hp heal to everyone after EACH Encounter use. Sounds too good to be true but we'll see when someone gets the 4set bonus.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am almost with 4 pieces. But I have not equipped than yet.... anyone who already have grand templar can share for how much time the buff stays on the team? 450 power and crit for the whole party seems to be good a lot as well..
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    I don't know the uptime of Grand Templar, but I assume it's probably not great. I'm going for Miracle Healer, and I'm almost done. My rationale is that I'm the tank (My group is always 1 DC, 2 CW, 2 TR), and I need all the healing I can get on myself. I think having more healing will be helpful for the 4th boss of CN when we decide to go back, since we don't have 2 Clerics.

2p bonus on Miracle Healer is really good, too, since I'm a recovery stacker.
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going with Miracle Healer as well. The next set I would go for is the Beacon of Faith though, not the Grand Templar. Our guild's DPS cleric is going for Grand Templar since it would suit him better than a healing cleric. That 5% is just too good to pass up with all my defensive enchantments being the +HP ones.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone? Any cleric that already has the sets?
  • Options
    phrausphraus Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    nailozin wrote: »

I have the Grand templar set, with reinforced gauntlets. In 60 hours of use, I have not seen it proc never.

Bad luck (really) or simply bugged to the bone?
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    phraus wrote: »
    I have the Grand templar set, with reinforced gauntlets. In 60 hours of use, I have not seen it proc never.

Bad luck (really) or simply bugged to the bone?

Dat Necro.
    Thread went quiet 2 months ago.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nailozin wrote: »

I have the full set. Its not that good and I definitely don't want to be running dungeons or PvP in it. The uptime duration last I heard was something like 4 seconds.
  • Options
    goldencoinsgoldencoins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm Posting in a necro.
    I can confirm both sets do proc, once every 45 secs and lasts 3 seconds total.

Both totally garbage,

IF the Miracle Healer set actually does work and does'nt have some terrible cooldown, then its probably better. But I cant afford it on the Mindflayer server as the whole set is several million.
    - Even if Miracle Healer did work it will probably heal a cleric for -40% anyway.

Dont know why there is so much hate by the game developers for their own content.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm Posting in a necro.
    I can confirm both sets do proc, once every 45 secs and lasts 3 seconds total.

Both totally garbage,

IF the Miracle Healer set actually does work and does'nt have some terrible cooldown, then its probably better. But I cant afford it on the Mindflayer server as the whole set is several million.
    - Even if Miracle Healer did work it will probably heal a cleric for -40% anyway.

Dont know why there is so much hate by the game developers for their own content.

they hate clerics that's for sure... cleric sets are limited to proc once every 45 seconds and for next to no duration, other classes get stuff that works every time they use encounters
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    they hate clerics that's for sure... cleric sets are limited to proc once every 45 seconds and for next to no duration, other classes get stuff that works every time they use encounters

Miracle healer procs on every encounter.
    TR has no T2 set bonus that procs on every encounter.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Miracle Healer heals ONE player for 5% of your maximum hit points every time you're using an encounter.

They are not gonna fix the set. They will change the tool tip instead. Check out this official thread for patch 3.2xxxxxxxx.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • Options
    derida12derida12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i run 2x grand templar pieces and 2x miracle healer pieces and i am totally fine with it. No need for crappy 4 pieces bonus if it sucks... ^^
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I used to run 2x miracle healer and 2x beacon for the 450 power, but 4x miracle healer is better. This is a CN run (miracle healer bonus shows up as Seeker's Beacon):

pKhye4k.png

If I add up the number of hits from my other abilities and multiply by 450/25 (ignoring any ability scaling or overhealing), I could gain as much as 47718 healing from 450 additional power. I think 4x miracle healer is more than twice as good as any other set up.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    Grand templar for me, prefer it
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I decided to not use Miracle Healer - I already spent more than I wanted on other stuff. I have a 12K GS Cleric with Stone and have it set so that I have very little downtime on Hallowed Ground which I find best in those hectic PvE fights since it has such a huge area of effect. I also have Moontouched feat maxed.

I am doing just fine without Miracle Healer, and I am hoping that they add new sets for us sometime in the future. I am saving all my AD in the mean time.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited July 2013
    shelendil wrote: »
    I used to run 2x miracle healer and 2x beacon for the 450 power, but 4x miracle healer is better. This is a CN run (miracle healer bonus shows up as Seeker's Beacon):

pKhye4k.png

If I add up the number of hits from my other abilities and multiply by 450/25 (ignoring any ability scaling or overhealing), I could gain as much as 47718 healing from 450 additional power. I think 4x miracle healer is more than twice as good as any other set up.

A lot of your heals don't even scale with power so it would be significantly less than ~47k. Moon Touched, Invigorated Healing, your potions and revive all don't scale with power, so your total healing done once you subtract those and Seeker's Beacon would be 1,083,241. 450 power is roughly a 1.6% increase in total output for the abilities that actually scale with power, so 450 power would only increase your total healing by about 17k. So 450 power is about 7 times less valuable (in terms of increasing your healing output) than the Miracle Healer 4-piece set bonus.
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Im going for Miracle Healer set myself. Everyone says its OP, and the spreadsheet analysis backs it up. I have 1 piece already from spider temple, and my plan is to just run D/D only when the chest event unlocks.. that should get me a set in about a week tops right. Frozen Heart/ Spell/Karr here i come.

Also, what about hte champion set with grym coin...The 25% increase to divine power building is awsome, but it has a ton of life steal on it which i would imagine would make it pretty bad for PVE, but decent for PVP. Anyone who has tried it have any info on it
  • Options
    derida12derida12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how is this program called?

btw. i think it also depends alot on your build... i am on crit, so i use 2x Grand Templar for +450 Crit
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A lot of your heals don't even scale with power so it would be significantly less than ~47k. Moon Touched, Invigorated Healing, your potions and revive all don't scale with power, so your total healing done once you subtract those and Seeker's Beacon would be 1,083,241. 450 power is roughly a 1.6% increase in total output for the abilities that actually scale with power, so 450 power would only increase your total healing by about 17k. So 450 power is about 7 times less valuable (in terms of increasing your healing output) than the Miracle Healer 4-piece set bonus.

I'm currently trying to figure out whether to upgrade vorpal, power enchants, or go another direction, so that's very helpful.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    derida12 wrote: »
    how is this program called?

btw. i think it also depends alot on your build... i am on crit, so i use 2x Grand Templar for +450 Crit

Links for ACT can be found here: http://www.reignofelysian.com/forum/showthread.php?105-Neverwinter-Combat-Log-Parser
    Make sure to merge pets so that ground heals are attributed correctly.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    Im going for Miracle Healer set myself. Everyone says its OP, and the spreadsheet analysis backs it up. I have 1 piece already from spider temple, and my plan is to just run D/D only when the chest event unlocks.. that should get me a set in about a week tops right. Frozen Heart/ Spell/Karr here i come.

..though you might want to look for deals on the gloves, just in case. Karr is proving a bit much for some groups right now.
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly you can work with both sets, there is no major difference between the two once you have your stats where you want them. Im using Templar as a 12.2k DC.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Honestly you can work with both sets, there is no major difference between the two once you have your stats where you want them. Im using Templar as a 12.2k DC.

Log parses disagree with you.