test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will I have my Dragonborn Paladin?

ivesx2ivesx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please, I would love to see this game race Dragonborn and class Paladin.

I advance my congratulations for the game, and I wonder if there is any date for adding new races and classes.

Thank you!
Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and face whatever comes!
Post edited by ivesx2 on

Comments

• jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fairly sure they commented on that race and it was dropped.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »

And I'm not sure the paladin will be around either. They already have a cleric, and the paladin is just....a Melee version of the cleric for the most part.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn Paladin?......Gary Gygax is rolling over in his grave right about now...
  • biovitalbiovital Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    And I'm not sure the paladin will be around either. They already have a cleric, and the paladin is just....a Melee version of the cleric for the most part.

And as we all know, clerics can tank just fine currently.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Dragonborn Paladin?......Gary Gygax is rolling over in his grave right about now...
    I agree with this... But it still would be cool!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is not WoW. Paladin is a defender and IMO should've been the tank. Having 2 fighter classes is silly.
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    This is not WoW. Paladin is a defender and IMO should've been the tank. Having 2 fighter classes is silly.

With the two fighter things, I will agree. But in D&D, Paladins are melee centric heavy hitting healer zealots for a particular god in which they fervently worship. They are basically a cleric tank hybrid. We already have a cleric, and we already have a tank. Its unlikely we will see hybrids of already available classes for a while.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the two fighter things, I will agree. But in D&D, Paladins are melee centric heavy hitting healer zealots for a particular god in which they fervently worship. They are basically a cleric tank hybrid. We already have a cleric, and we already have a tank. Its unlikely we will see hybrids of already available classes for a while.
    You really played a different Paladin than I did! I normally played Paladins that worshiped war gods! So healing was not high on my prayer list.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paladins in 4e D&D Are Defenders. Not Leaders.

They've got some leader-leaning abilities in the form of minor healing. But it's no more Hybrid than a GWF Dealing Damage and Tanking.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    I agree with this... But it still would be cool!

I agree with you :)
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

On the other hand every non-healer/tank class they add will only make getting into dungeons or skirmishes harder for everyone else.
  • haukfenshirehaukfenshire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »

No, they just decided not to have them be a core race. The possibility of dragonborn are definitely not ruled out.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?223252-So-I-see-alot-of-people-claiming-Dragonborn-are-going-to-be-a-new-race/page4&p=2979351&viewfull=1#post2979351
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Medrash - Dragonborn Paladin of Torm

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Medrash

Patrin - Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Patrin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Medrash - Dragonborn Paladin of Torm

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Medrash

Doesnt take a way from the fact that Gygax would never approve of Dragonborn and Teiflings being core races in D&D. They are, if ANYTHING, normally template races with a level adjustment ranging from 2-5.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only Dragon Paladin thingy I ever saw was Dragonbait and he sure wasn't a playable Race.

_wall_azure_bonds.jpg

These Dragonborn look like a cheap copy of the Dragonlance Draconian

6a00cdf7e97ab3094f00d4141c00416a47.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn_-_William_O%27Connor.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only Dragon Paladin thingy I ever saw was Dragonbait and he sure wasn't a playable Race.

_wall_azure_bonds.jpg

These Dragonborn look like a cheap copy of the Dragonlance Draconian

6a00cdf7e97ab3094f00d4141c00416a47.jpg

Dragonbait was a Saurial, a "mute" race native to the realms. Dragonborn are something else, a travesty shoved on the Realms for 4e. I'm glad they dropped them. That said bring on the pallys!
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragonborn makes more sense than drow for me
    edited May 2013
    agodbea wrote: »
    dragonborn makes more sense than drow for me

Neither makes sense, but dragon born does at least make a little bit more of the non existant sense.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt take a way from the fact that Gygax would never approve of Dragonborn and Teiflings being core races in D&D. They are, if ANYTHING, normally template races with a level adjustment ranging from 2-5.

Eh, never stopped anyone i knew back in the 80s playing monsterous races as PCs.
    No, they just decided not to have them be a core race. The possibility of dragonborn are definitely not ruled out.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...=1#post2979351

I miss how open Cryptic used to be back in STO, where they had a road map of what was coming, and what was being worked on. They even had a calendar with when things were expected. I know things have changed, but it's always nice knowing what is at least being worked on. Even WoW used to have an in development type page that showed different things that were being worked on and closer to released, but they change their mind so much it became wrong a lot of the time. :\

I'm not a huge fan of either dragonborn or pallies, but more choice is better than less, and another non-human like race would be good. Tiefling is the only that doesn't look just like a human with sliders messed with. :\
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Eh, never stopped anyone i knew back in the 80s playing monsterous races as PCs.

I miss how open Cryptic used to be back in STO, where they had a road map of what was coming, and what was being worked on. They even had a calendar with when things were expected. I know things have changed, but it's always nice knowing what is at least being worked on. Even WoW used to have an in development type page that showed different things that were being worked on and closer to released, but they change their mind so much it became wrong a lot of the time. :\

I'm not a huge fan of either dragonborn or pallies, but more choice is better than less, and another non-human like race would be good. Tiefling is the only that doesn't look just like a human with sliders messed with. :\

Champions Online also had a Roadmap setup. PWE doesn't support this it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing you are not very familiar with D&D, the Cleric and the Paladin is nothing alike AT ALL.
    Nonsense, a Paladin can barely heal anything.

Again you don't seem to know D&D at all.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are not very familiar with D&D, the Cleric and the Paladin is nothing alike AT ALL.

No, I'm familiar with D&D....just not D&D for dummies.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My expectation? A "Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms" type update in the future, with Dragonborn, Paladins, Druids, Rangers, and Warlocks.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, I'm familiar with D&D....just not D&D for dummies.
    So your retort is to call names... how mature.

Clearly you have no clue about D&D, Paladins have ONE heal as an innate ability and access to weaker spells at very high levels, they can in no way heal anything except for emergencies. (talking 3.5 and before here). In 4'th ed the two specs are are dps and tank, no healer.

Off to the ignore list you go.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn where taken out of the initial race group because of various issues. That said the devs have expressed a desire to see them in the game. So here is hoping we do get them. And paladins will likely be along at some point also.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just say no to dragonborn. It wouldnt just open the door for bad skyrim characters and jokes. But its a known fact that lizard races are a gateway drug to furries. Yup, we let lizards in we will soon be up to our ears in catgirls. True Story.
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    So your retort is to call names... how mature.

it wasnt an insult at you, I mean D&D to me is 3.5, while D&D4e is basically D&D for dummies. Its so simplifyed its appalling. FYI, I hate D&D 4e.
  • rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, we let lizards in we will soon be up to our ears in catgirls. True Story.

... Called Shifters in 4e. PHB2, I think. The Primal one, whichever one that is.

But hey, Drow as a player class is already in. There's nothing they can do to increase the silly factor from there. Or... I won't say that. I guess they could add Otyugh and Deurgar or something.