test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Order of the Golden Tankard (Dragon)

ketilsonketilson Member Posts: 18 Arc User
OrderoftheGoldenTankard_zps015c0de8.jpg

[As you approach the job board, one notice catches your eye. A large sheet of age yellowed hemlock paper displays tightly ordered rows of blocky Chondathan script, which reads...]

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Our band of stalwart adventurers have returned once again to the great city of Neverwinter. We seek only the bravest and most honorable heroes to bolster our ranks in the fight against orcs, dragons, would be tyrants and other such nuisances, miscreants and dastardly threats to the well being of honest folk.

The history of this noble brotherhood extends back to the days of Lord Nasher and has been home to some of the realms finest protectors in the many decades since.

Founded upon the traditions of the great dwarven brotherhoods of yore, members take an oath to honor and respect their fraternal siblings, no matter their race or patron deity.

Interviews will be conducted and festivities held in the main hall of the Driftwood Tavern on Coriol Street in Protector's Enclave.

[Signed]

Morin Drakebeard

OOC: This guild is not intended to be Hardcore Role Play. We encourage IC (In Character) as much as is fun for you and ask that you respect others desire to play IC by communicating the in the correct channels. "Say" and "Team" will be considered IC, while "Guild" will be considered OOC by default, though, for the sake of convenience, you may still use the "IC:" and "OOC:" designators on any channel.

It is not required for one to have a full character biography fleshed out, but it will be helpful if you have some idea of your character’s history, should it come up IC. Taking charge of the moment in regards to establishing suspension of disbelief is encouraged. It seems to me that Neverwinter doesn’t take itself too seriously, and that “Lite-RP philosophy” is a perfect match to the nature of this Guild.

Age, experience, dedication and skill are of no concern to us. This is a family friendly guild, we only require that you have an RP friendly name, a friendly personality and respect the RP channel guidelines. Our only goal is to have fun enjoying this latest incarnation of our beloved Dungeons & Dragons.

To join, please friend me in-game. Morin Drakebeard@dangerace
Post edited by ketilson on

Comments

• ketilsonketilson Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We aren't concerned with time zones much, we have members in North America, Europe and Asia.
  • beladi1982beladi1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Peaches says: "I am a halfling burg-..., er..., adventurer who might be interested in lending her up-and-coming mechanical theft deterrent nullification skills to a hearty band of tomb rob-..., er..., law-abiding protectors of all that's good and pure and... and... and all that stuff."
  • preston001preston001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sounds like fun!
  • thelockfilm1thelockfilm1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it sounds like fun so add me in :D, my ign is Sir Locky
  • jsmurfedjsmurfed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. Truth be told, which is a dangerous thing indeed, it turns out that I too am in search of company to teach the strange ways and customs of the surface dwellers. For instance, did you know that acts of murder are discouraged? How very... odd
    Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second and the filth is back...

The good thing about having three characters at max gives me a choice on how much butt I want to kick. For balls-to-the-wall murder, I go with the Great Weapon Fighter. The Wizard is the one that runs around laughing maniacally yelling "Catch me if you can", while the Guardian Fighter flips you off and is all like "Come at me, bro"
  • screamomaxscreamomax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've added you.
  • jsmurfedjsmurfed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I am Vasae de Vandree@Defrums
    Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second and the filth is back...

The good thing about having three characters at max gives me a choice on how much butt I want to kick. For balls-to-the-wall murder, I go with the Great Weapon Fighter. The Wizard is the one that runs around laughing maniacally yelling "Catch me if you can", while the Guardian Fighter flips you off and is all like "Come at me, bro"
  • ketilsonketilson Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OOC: I met with a friend yesterday, and I noticed that his guild title was Order of the Golden Staff. I asked him how he changed it. That's when he realized that he joined the wrong guild. So, watch out for imposters! :D
  • adelbrechtadelbrecht Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IC: Good day to you all.
    My name is Taranis Entifidich. My many adventures in and around Neverwinter have earned me some respect and some titles such as "the Bandit Slayer", "the Orc Slayer", "Spellplague Survivor", "Paragon Hero" or just as plain old "Hero of Neverwinter".

As we all know, the true strength lies in numbers, and I think you could use an adventurer of such renown to strengthen your numbers.
    My travelling-compagnion, Priestje, is a cleric of Lady Firehair, who has gained quite some esteem with her peers.

Don't hesitate to leave me a note at the postal courier of Neverwinter so we can unite our strengths and banish the evil from our fair city.

OOC: Hi, my name is Fred (37 y/o) and I live in Belgium (GMT+1). I'm usually online from 18:00 on week-days and in the w-e I can be online most of the day.
    My in-game name is Taranis (lvl 30 Rogue)
  • kvillonkvillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IC:
    Hey, I saw your recruitment poster and figured I'd join up with you guys. Names' Riv. Just Riv, mind you. I haven't felt that true sense of comradery since my days on the Sword Coast as captain of the...well it doesn't matter now. I guess you'd call me a 'hero' now...whatever that may be. Though don't read too much into it!

My previous...trade....has taken me across all of Faerun and various members of my former crew still join me on my travels. The wold is an oyster as they say! Though I've never much cared for oysters...

OOC: I saw this guild while looking through the menu in-game and it stood out to me - it seems like a fun and interesting guild. I'm somewhat of an mmo veteran (former guild/raid leader in wow with a good amount of success...though I like to take things more casually these days) and a longtime fan of DnD. The "main" character I've been playing is Riv, a lvl 49 GWF. I've sent you a friend request as suggested. :)