test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP - Leaders kicking team members when about to win/lose.

nomanualnomanual Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Leaders kicking team members in the domination pvp matches just as your team is about to win or loose is something that I find really disturbing. Yes I know there is alot ppl just afking for free Glory etc, but to kick people that actually do a team effort is just plain wrong.

This should be fixed in some kind of way imo.
Post edited by nomanual on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it turns out that arbitrarily allocating the leader role and giving them the ability to kick anyone else at will wasn't a great idea after all?

More seriously, even though I haven't personally been affected by this I do agree 100%. A better alternative (well it could hardly be worse) is group voting with a default of 'No' and players AFK for more than 1 min don't count.
  • nomanualnomanual Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    So it turns out that arbitrarily allocating the leader role and giving them the ability to kick anyone else at will wasn't a great idea after all?

More seriously, even though I haven't personally been affected by this I do agree 100%. A better alternative (well it could hardly be worse) is group voting with a default of 'No' and players AFK for more than 1 min don't count.

A voting system would be really nice and/or the default "if you're AFK more than 1 min, you get kicked". (like the deserter buff in wow).

Do not mistake me tho, I think it is a great option that leaders can kick teamplayers that is just leaching free glory. But when it comes down to just beeing a complete duchebag, it pisses me off.

On another hand, when someone leaves/dc's/gets kicked, no new player is joining and therefor giving the opposing team a bit of advantage playing 4v5 or even less.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you go afk in the starter area, I will kick you late in game. I've had a number of people simply give up and just complain while sitting in the starter area.

Now kicking people who are actually trying is a dbag move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nomanualnomanual Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    If you go afk in the starter area, I will kick you late in game. I've had a number of people simply give up and just complain while sitting in the starter area.

I totally agree. I do the same thing.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nomanual wrote: »
    loose

Hmm, tell us about how your team is "loose" ?
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Hmm, tell us about how your team is "loose" ?

Lose* ... ... English is not my mother toungue deal with it.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nomanual wrote: »
    Lose* ... ... English is not my mother toungue deal with it.

I think he was joking. "Loose" is also a term associated with someone who is very promiscuous. So relax a little. :D
  • icyicy99icyicy99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a match today where the AFKer kicked the rest of us when we were at 996 and about to win.
    He wasn't really afk, he was deliberately not participating. We still won 4v5, but he kicked us so we didn't get anything.

I'm sure it's getting fixed quickly.
  • mysralmysral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been kicked right before a winning match ended when I was top on leaderboard, I assumed the leader was in second place and wanted the blue or something.

I know there was no problems in the group for anyone to get kicked, all 5 worked it out and won.

It can become a serious problem real fast if D-bags start a trend on this.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.. I never even knew this was a problem. It makes since now that you mentioned that the leader probably wanted a blue. Maybe they should change it to a Vote Kick, and not an arbitrary kick system that relies on the leaders judgement.

Almost sounds like griefing. Where 1 person can cancel out 4 peoples play time (15mins) and effort for no reason other than they want to.

I hope that when this happens the kicked individuals /report the leader. It will do two things. The GM's will have to review the ticket to see whats going on. And it will put that person on the ignore list. If they keep it up, they will eventually run out of people to team with and get so many reports that it would be hard to ignore.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just had some ******* kick me out of teh team. i had just respawned.

this is getting abused like mad now that it's on the forums.

cryptic why can't you do a damned thing right anymore. why did you think this would be ok in a f2p pvp game where you KNOW idiots are going to grief like mad

kicking should be a vote system.
  • kisraenkisraen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The people that I kick with it are AFKers(or slackers just chatting at spawn), wheter it be botting/'afking from the start' or the guy that decides he wants to afk at spawn 'till the end of match after enemy/our team reaches 600 points. You can be teh best number 1 player in the world, you still get the boot if you decide to start afking.
    I give afkers about 2-3 minutes, which is plenty of time to answer a cellphone or to take a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Or to get a cup of coffee.
  • hypercubecubehypercubecube Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    just had some ******* kick me out of teh team. i had just respawned.

this is getting abused like mad now that it's on the forums.

cryptic why can't you do a damned thing right anymore. why did you think this would be ok in a f2p pvp game where you KNOW idiots are going to grief like mad

kicking should be a vote system.

> "f2p pvp game"

This is not the thread for you
  • hayleyvikhayleyvik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vote system! the only answer to world peace! do it, cryptic! :D