test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full PvP set in 6h?

vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
First of all I would like to say that I love this game, is the best mmo that I have played after vanilla WoW, congrats to the devs for such a masterpiece.

I dont wanna cry for all the known issues, my only problem is, WHY, I mean why??? they allow us to get a full PvP Epic set in a few hours?? Besides that it ruins the PvE gear chasing it ruins also the PvP itself.

This needs to be adressed ASAP, we should be able to dress full PvP gear in months not hours...
Post edited by vylker on

Comments

• Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    You can get full pvp in a few minutes since its BOE, same with PVE gear.
  • Options
    tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only reason to do pvp in this game is to get fast and easy gear upgrades so that you can enter tier 2 dungeons. i can get all 6 epics from the pvp vendor in the time it takes me to get enough seals to buy 1 item from the seal vendor.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes I know and thats its hilarious
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not really, it should be like this, it actually balances pvp so that the deciding factor is not gear as much as it is player skill, or it would if it was properly itemized and had all the pieces. I would rather see PvP gear stats changed a bit though so it was not so useful for pve though. Honestly they should add some really nice models for high glory amounts that way you can get a good look from PvP but still get the full set fairly easily. The other thing is that they need to add rings and amulets to the PvP vendor so that you are not forced to PvE to be competitive in PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And when you got all the PvP items, why would you make PvP for?
  • Options
    opm49602opm49602 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    And when you got all the PvP items, why would you make PvP for?

For fun and competition? The whole point to pvping in the first place. Pvp should NEVER be a gear grind.
  • Options
    zegasuzegasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For fun, of course. But you can add gear grinding on top again. For alts, friends or sale.
    But assuming they're going to add that 20v20 battleground some have been talking about (or similar), getting more than a day's worth of pvp-experience might be useful.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They should implement ranks
    Btw this 20vs20 when will be released?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zegasu wrote: »
    For fun, of course. But you can add gear grinding on top again. For alts, friends or sale.
    But assuming they're going to add that 20v20 battleground some have been talking about (or similar), getting more than a day's worth of pvp-experience might be useful.

You still get more experienced at pvp regardless of having your gear or not. Do you really think someone would be more experienced if they spent a month pvping without end game gear vs only one day without and nearly the whole month with?
    Having your gear doesn't mean you stop learning new things and you really don't learn more playing when under geared compared to with end game gear.

I doubt they will add a pvp mode that requires a certain level of gear to enter either. If it took a month to get geared in a few months from now would you really want under geared people on your team. Would you enjoy smashing the under geared people on the opponents team? Not everyone gears up at the same speed or plays for a whole month without taking a break or starts the game on launch.
  • Options
    zegasuzegasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. I said that doing more PvP for experience could be useful in preparation for more pvp stuff. What does that have to do with gear? And months of grinding? I'm not following you.

I was just stating reasons to keep playing even though you might already have gotten the best "PVP" gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zegasu wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. I said that doing more PvP for experience could be useful in preparation for more pvp stuff. What does that have to do with gear? And months of grinding? I'm not following you.

I was just stating reasons to keep playing even though you might already have gotten the best "PVP" gear.

Sorry confused you for the guy who said it should take a month to get pvp gear. My bad, I'm tired.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It will be fun playing for a few hours as full PvP geared, but the most of us need a good reason to pvp every day, get some ranks or some better gear.
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    opm49602 wrote: »
    You still get more experienced at pvp regardless of having your gear or not. Do you really think someone would be more experienced if they spent a month pvping without end game gear vs only one day without and nearly the whole month with?
    Having your gear doesn't mean you stop learning new things and you really don't learn more playing when under geared compared to with end game gear.

I doubt they will add a pvp mode that requires a certain level of gear to enter either. If it took a month to get geared in a few months from now would you really want under geared people on your team. Would you enjoy smashing the under geared people on the opponents team? Not everyone gears up at the same speed or plays for a whole month without taking a break or starts the game on launch.

Umm a person that pvps for a month would had learned more than someone that just hit 60 and geared in a day. Why even have gear at all then if we follow your logic and things should be fair. This is the new generation laziness. You don't have to earn anything make it fair.

That's why in games like wow they just add easymode gear like in raidfinder where u can just afk and get loot. You can afk for 6hrs in nvw pvp and get full gear.

At this point people just go get easy pvp gear for higher gear score, then start farming pve dungeons to get better loot. So i don't think they learned anything with a day of pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Full epic Pvp & PvE geared = quit game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Umm a person that pvps for a month would had learned more than someone that just hit 60 and geared in a day.

Not what I said. Re-read what you quoted.

Why even have gear at all then if we follow your logic and things should be fair. This is the new generation laziness. You don't have to earn anything make it fair.

Gear should be there to give you access to different stats and allow different builds. Not give X player an advantage over Y player just because X player has spent more time on the game. Which is all it really comes down to, those who have more free time gear up faster than those who don't play as often or who level multiple classes.
    That's why in games like wow they just add easymode gear like in raidfinder where u can just afk and get loot. You can afk for 6hrs in nvw pvp and get full gear.

At this point people just go get easy pvp gear for higher gear score, then start farming pve dungeons to get better loot. So i don't think they learned anything with a day of pvp.

Wanting fair pvp where skill/group comp and communication are the things that determine a win without some people having better gear affecting the out come is not the same as wanting to afk to get gear. Afkers in pvp are frustrating and annoy a lot of people but there are multiple options to solve that problem without turning pvp into a gear grind that punishes late starters, people with less play time or people who want to play an alt. Playing a new char against people who already have their gear? Not fun.