test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is why GF needs to be nerfed (Screenshot Proof Inside)

aderon2aderon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
How can you let a class that looks that ugly have 14.5k GS? Obviously needs nerf.

ctaeXHX.png
Post edited by aderon2 on

Comments

• Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    not sure what this has to do w/ the class...anyone w/ good gear is obv gonna have a high gear score
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's funny because gear score is the most useless number in the game. It literally means nothing about the actual quality of your character and build.
  • Options
    mysralmysral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys missed the point.......................its because his armor is purple?
  • Options
    mysralmysral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and ya GS ruins games,

For some reason people think it makes their weiner grow 3 extra inches or something
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh and they purposely make fugly armor so you will spend resources to fix it. Zen/AD
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell me we do not go from beautiful looking plate and scale mail that actually looks realistic to that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Why in every game does the better your armor get the less it actually looks like armor and more like an insane person wearing everything he could find strapped to his body. I hate looking like a crazy hobo at high levels.
  • Options
    tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny because gear score is the most useless number in the game. It literally means nothing about the actual quality of your character and build.

I too am amused by this. The discrepancy between green and blue/purple gear is hilarious. I've opted to keep my green ring because its better than any other purple ring from any of the seal vendors and from what I have seen drop so far. It's really sad that my blue boots are better than any boots from any purple boots from any vendor in the game as well as all the drops I have seen so far.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    pawlesspawless Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys... It's obviously a joke.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your main ability scores make me cry on the inside...
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    aderon2aderon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    securus wrote: »
    Please tell me we do not go from beautiful looking plate and scale mail that actually looks realistic to that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Why in every game does the better your armor get the less it actually looks like armor and more like an insane person wearing everything he could find strapped to his body. I hate looking like a crazy hobo at high levels.

ya dude it sucks! I look terrible :(
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dye job did that. To be fair, there is currently a bug in the game due to the double power talent that GF's get, they get obscenely high GS. That would probably be about 9-10k GS without that talent.

Bad dyes!
  • Options
    aakekpwaakekpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not a bug just how it works. His gearscore without the buff is probably around 9.8-10k.

Several of the armor sets look 'normal'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    The dye job did that. To be fair, there is currently a bug in the game due to the double power talent that GF's get, they get obscenely high GS. That would probably be about 9-10k GS without that talent.

Bad dyes!

lol are you serious? Why would I dye my armor those colors. It looks terrible. That's what it looked like when I got it.
  • Options
    lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how everyone yells GS bla bla bla LFG for T1 and T2 then.
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lghspd4me wrote: »
    Funny how everyone yells GS bla bla bla LFG for T1 and T2 then.

The game requires a certain gear score to be able to enter those dungeons.
  • Options
    advengerkosadvengerkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aderon2 wrote: »
    How can you let a class that looks that ugly have 14.5k GS? Obviously needs nerf.

ctaeXHX.png

Your gear score is purely cosmetic, GS is based off your power. My GS is 11k, but I have the full stalwart set (which is unbelievably awesome, it gives you 7k power.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your gear score is purely cosmetic, GS is based off your power. My GS is 11k, but I have the full stalwart set (which is unbelievably awesome, it gives you 7k power.)

GS is actually based off almost all your stats, not just power. some exceptions are utility stats like +exp gain, +glory gain, +movement, etc.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do like how the Spider Armor looks. That looks...well, I'd answer but it is difficult to type while vomiting...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    kharma888kharma888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Space Marines!
  • Options
    rhinzualrhinzual Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharma888 wrote: »
    Space Marines!

Looks like a cross between a Noise Marine and a Khorne Berzerker. THE BLOOD GOD IS NOT AMUSED BY THIS!
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you talking about? That armor looks FABULOUS~
  • Options
    advengerkosadvengerkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GS is actually based off almost all your stats, not just power. some exceptions are utility stats like +exp gain, +glory gain, +movement, etc.

Yes but when you stack your power it gives you double because* of the talent. I could increase my power by changing enchants / items etc and I would gain 2-3k GS because of our talent.

Your gear is good but I am just saying its cosmetic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes but when you stack your power it gives you double becomes of the talent. I could increase my power by changing enchants / items etc and I would gain 2-3k GS because of our talent.

Your gear is good but I am just saying its cosmetic.

This is theoretical, ignore the actual power to gear score ratio, but:

Two Scenarios:
    1) You don't have the double power feat. You add a piece of gear that gives 10 power and it adds 10 to your gear score.
    2) You do have the double power feat. You add a piece of gear that gives 10 power (it actually gives you 20 power because of your feat) and it adds 20 to your gear score.

How is the higher gear score in scenario 2 cosmetic if it's followed up by an additional 10 power which equates to more damage (something non-cosmetic)
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    ...good thing that changing item appearance is relatively cheap. I like how the Bulwark set looks, but if that's what's waiting in my future, I don't wanna.

Oh btw, determine the "true" GS of a GF, whatever the reason (MY PIXELS ARE SO STRONG BECAUSE MY GS IS SO LONG!), just subtract half the GF's power. There, you have it.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure GS means nothing, look at stat difference.

2QZOs.jpg

Old pic, have 8k power 2900 crit now without changing other stats.

PS: PvP gear (no defense/deflect from players, so no need armp but this set also works well in T1/2 PvE).
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    (no defense/deflect from players, so no need armp but this set also works well in T1/2 PvE).

not sure what you mean by this. You're saying defense and deflect don't work in pvp?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not sure what you mean by this. You're saying defense and deflect don't work in pvp?

btw why are my ability scores so much higher than yours?
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how the hell do you get your power that high? i have nearly exclusively focused on power gear and only got to around 6000 on my gwf (without companion)?
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

ctaeXHX.png

P2W account
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hah, full blown out dps specced guardian fighter with the Conqueror final feat that boosts your power by 100%.
    The secondary attribute being higher than the primary. The irony.