test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Editing a published quest?

almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
When editing a published quest do you always have to take it down and republish it to apply the changes or can you just click the "publish" button again and overwrite the original?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Spellthief Trials
By @Stebss
Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
Post edited by almostcool on

Comments

• Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do not have to take it down, just change what you want to change, save it, and republish it. The newest version will overwrite the other.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kk thanks. That's what I wanted to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No problem, it is a good idea for you to include in the description what version you have uploaded. For example right now chapter 4 of my quest is version 1.04. When you make a change, change your version number. This way you can tell what quest is on the live foundry after publishing as it takes some time for the changes to go live sometimes.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just make sure you read the warning on if you decide to submit it to be a feature. Those are copied outside the regular publishing pattern and therefore you can't edit them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Man that sucks. I took it down thinking that's what I had to do and it got rid of the few written reviews that I had :/ O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One other thing: Anyone who already has the adventure in their log will still have the old version even after the new one has published. In other words, they can accept it and not do it right away. Meanwhile, you publish a new version and it finishes publishing before they enter. When they finally get around to playing the adventure, they'll still play through the old version.

So if you have any guildmates or friends that are testing or reviewing your adventure for you, make sure to let them know after it's finished publishing that they need to abandon it and re-accept.
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman