test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Righteousness + aggro magnet = no fun

skin81skin81 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
So I just started playing a few days ago and made it to 44 so far. I'm not sure I understand why Righteousness is needed. I pull ton of aggro on boss fights and spend pretty much 60% of the fight running for my life and popping pots to stay up because I can't heal myself. Sooth is pretty craptastic.

I dunno, I love playing a cleric, but I hate running my *** off while everyone else 1v1s the boss and I can't say "hey get this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off of me" or I will die in an instant.
Post edited by skin81 on

Comments

• ghalandarghalandar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This. Lair of the Mad Dragon means I die to adds.
  • skin81skin81 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind so much if they fixed or changed one of these or the other. Both at the same time is just over kill.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's hilariously backwards really.

Clerics become the main tank of every group, yet they heal others much better than they heal themselves.

Yet since said Cleric is tanking everything, they're group doesn't even need all that healing.
  • jinsinnjinsinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can i cleric tank with defense+deflection lawl
  • skin81skin81 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    time for an experiment?
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am at around 34.7% mitigation dmg wise.

It's still not enough and I have spec'ed using very defensive gear.
    my deflection is only about 3%, so it might need to use some work.
    The reality is with 30 mobs pounding on you, your life expectancy is going to be extremely limited.

Now if you could generate divine power by being pummelled. I believe a tanking spec wouldn't be out of the question.
    We might get something like this with the battle cleric, if and when they ever release it.