test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feeling more and more disappointed. Less and less movatiion to play.

cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i am a lvl60 CW.

I have gotten all the pvp gears and its the same map over and over. So i started doing T1/T2 dungeons which is basically the main endgame content. I also do some foundry for dailies and crafting also.

however the dungeons has been a MEGA DISAPPOINTMENT and TIME WASTER to me. The dungeon finder is rubbish putting ANYONE together with no party composition at all. 5 dps? No DC? Then you waste time removing ppl and still get more DPS. If there isnt any DC in queue, then the dungeon SHOULDNT START AT ALL. If ppl have to wait a longer time, then WAIT.

So i finally got a decent group. But someone left halfway, and THERE WAS NO REPLACEMENT. You cant even invite a guildmate in, even if there is one. TIME WASTED!

Everyone is spamming zone chat to LFG. Then there is still the replacement issue when someone left halfway.

I spent one morning achieving NOTHING. Its all trying to get a grp, found one, someone left, and its all over again. If somehow the whole grp make it to the final boss, its so hard with ridiculous adds forcing the party to give up after all the effort and time again!

Learn something from WoW dungeon system. You get good party composition. There is fast replacement. You are able to invite ppl in. Not this rubbish neverwinter has it now.

I bought the Hotn, Guardian pack and also spent 120USD on Zen. I like the game. But the bad dungeon experience is making me losing patience and interest.

There is nothing to do in the game for me. I'm sick of find party for dungeon to have it fail because of leaver or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> add boss fight. Pvp is fun but getting boring with the 2 maps.

The previous patches are nice. But its time to roll out patches that actually improve and fix the dungeon,pvp, bugged powers/feats and the whole gameplay experience.

I want to sit down and enjoy a good game. But i have no idea what to do now. I want to play neverwinter, but the thought of the horrible dungeon experience turn me off.
Post edited by cetra07 on

Comments

• bloodzagbloodzag Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same! Lol, bump!!
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't do dungeons, stick to Foundry missions. It'll be pointless trying to stay maxed in this game when they add more dungeon tiers, with the cost of enchants.

The aggro mechanics and boss fights (adds, adds, and more adds) in this game are simplistic and horrible anyway, this is not really a dungeon game.
  • uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its kinda broken for finding players and such for dungeons right now, but you just gotta know when to quit. Basicly if your doing t2 you need a half decent setup, if your pugging it, and you enter a dungeon tbh it seems harsh but if the group setup is bad, just leave and re queue. Otherwise your just wasting time as somone will most probably leave at some point in time. If somone leavs even in a good group mid dungeon , again unles your doing great then just leave , take the coins you got so far and re queue. At least there is a queue, i remember back in vanilla wow if somone left you have to go back to a city and spam away for ages to find somone only for somone else to get bored and leave while your looking for someone.
    Lets hope they fix these issues overtime
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just an offthought, can a guild member join you midway if someone leaves mid-dungeon?
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Don't do dungeons, stick to Foundry missions. It'll be pointless trying to stay maxed in this game when they add more dungeon tiers, with the cost of enchants.

The aggro mechanics and boss fights (adds, adds, and more adds) in this game are simplistic and horrible anyway, this is not really a dungeon game.

Yeah...when I hit 60 think I'm mainly going to simply do Foundry questing myself. Not real keen on their boss designs that tend to consist of throwing a gagillion adds. Gets really old...
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    Yeah...when I hit 60 think I'm mainly going to simply do Foundry questing myself. Not real keen on their boss designs that tend to consist of throwing a gagillion adds. Gets really old...
    So basically you're saying, "I might as well have a single player game, this is not really an MMO because the experience the game gives me with other people, or multi-player is a huge turn off for that aspect of the game?"

I almost feel the same way. Except grouping and killing stuffs is what I like most.
    bout ready to cut my $30 experiment short and put another $40 or so into SWtOR. So very 8 year tired of wow ... went from the daily grind there- to a daily grind here- for AD just to respec- not to finish out gear or chants ... with far less functionality to the QUEUE system.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I hope you enjoy useless green items and using lots of potions then :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lol @ everyone saying foundry at 60. 60 Foundry quests are extraordinarily overtuned. The mobs hit for 25-40% hp on my GWF. I have to chug potions. Trust me, foundry solo at 60 is not foundry solo 1-40. It stops being fun unless you bring a friend.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    I lol @ everyone saying foundry at 60. 60 Foundry quests are extraordinarily overtuned. The mobs hit for 25-40% hp on my GWF. I have to chug potions. Trust me, foundry solo at 60 is not foundry solo 1-40. It stops being fun unless you bring a friend.

Hidden Blade is ok, I don't usually have to potion there.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    So basically you're saying, "I might as well have a single player game, this is not really an MMO because the experience the game gives me with other people, or multi-player is a huge turn off for that aspect of the game?"

I almost feel the same way. Except grouping and killing stuffs is what I like most.
    bout ready to cut my $30 experiment short and put another $40 or so into SWtOR. So very 8 year tired of wow ... went from the daily grind there- to a daily grind here- for AD just to respec- not to finish out gear or chants ... with far less functionality to the QUEUE system.

To an extent I suppose. I'll tinker with dungeons a bit but doubt I will be zerging them like I do in other mmos because frankly I don't find the boss mechanics in this game very interesting. Others seem to be enjoying them but they've felt rather tedious to me so far.

We'll see though. Still got a while before I hit 60 anyways. I've honestly enjoyed the skirmishes more except for the one Pirate boss that apparently spent tons of Zen to give him everlasting hp so it takes a year to kill him.
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Following a similar progression, but somewhat behind due to 'altinitis'. Hopefully they will address these issues by the time my CW hits 60, or else I'll probably try making something in the foundry (which seems it also needs fixing at 60), we shall see.
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »

The curve is excessive once you hit 60 yes. I found adding better gear (purples) helped a great deal. Seems weird though, having that sudden wall at L60 in the Foundry (which is supposed to be solo). Quite funny I had to add dungeon gear to do the solo component of the game. Some of the mobs just don't scale (and I guess we don't scale properly either).
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has "launched" for less than 2 weeks, and you already have exhausted everything. Wow.

And the game isn't PVP centric so those systems will lag behind the PVE game in development or they should.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Worst advise ever in the history of the universe.

To the OP, get a guild or populate your friendliest with good reliable players so you can assemble teams in short order.. If that's too much to ask, just stop playing I guess.
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    The game has "launched" for less than 2 weeks, and you already have exhausted everything. Wow.

And the game isn't PVP centric so those systems will lag behind the PVE game in development or they should.

I don't believe I've seen too many of these posts yet, and considering open beta is nearly two weeks old its actually pretty good as I have seen complaints about boring 'end game' on other MMO's 48 hours after launch lol.
  • mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013

Yeah, this game is looking more and more like a game to tide me over till some of the upcoming releases. It's a fun game, at least the combat and leveling process, but the ridiculous cash shop that is not only overpriced for most items, but takes it further and charges for MMO staples and the shallow end game just won't cut it. It's a shame to see such potential ruined by greed, but it is what it is /shrug
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    Yeah, this game is looking more and more like a game to tide me over till some of the upcoming releases. It's a fun game, at least the combat and leveling process, but the ridiculous cash shop that is not only overpriced for most items, but takes it further and charges for MMO staples and the shallow end game just won't cut it. It's a shame to see such potential ruined by greed, but it is what it is /shrug

Yeah that's what I'm doing, using this as a distraction while waiting for an honest game (subscription) to come through for us. Looking at a couple games atm, not too far away (this year).

Foundry is the best thing this game has going for it.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as you said it first I feel quite free to be say you're the <No-No-Word!> one. Apparently you haven't noticed the chance to enchant endgame enchantments (like 1%). You need a lot of wards and a lot of runes to get them maxed. Also you'll note I'm talking about the next tiers of dungeons they'll be adding, but I';m certain that also has gone way over your little head.

I'm going to clue you I'm on something that you might have missed. You can sell items that drop in dungeons for ADs on the AH, then you can buy those 1% enchants on the AH with ADs. I've made millions of AD this way without spending a dime. You can also get the coalescent wards by using the 7 day ardent coin reward and then combining the shards yourself.

And no, I didn't miss your blatant nonsensical shot in the dark about how gear scores are going to be used to feed b2p, I just think you're a doomsayers who's basically full of.....and pulling stuff out of your nethers
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    I'm going to clue you I'm on something that you might have missed. You can sell items that drop in dungeons for ADs on the AH, then you can buy those 1% enchants on the AH with ADs. I've made millions of AD this way without spending a dime. You can also get the coalescent wards by using the 7 day ardent coin reward and then combining the drops yourself.

Celestial coins is what you use for those.

Jesus you two are going at it XD
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I have not cleared everything. I am also not burned out on the game.

Pvp is the same 2 simplistic linear maps from lvl10-60. Thats ok for me actually. There will be more maps in future. But even the PVE part of the game is horribly frustrating with bad dungeon queuing, replacement issue and tedious add fight.

Its hard to enjoy a good session pve or pvp right now. I just want to enjoy a good game without frustration.
    edited May 2013
    Celestial coins is what you use for those.

Jesus you two are going at it XD

My mistake, always confuse the two. Thanks.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Its hard to enjoy a good session pve or pvp right now. I just want to enjoy a good game without frustration.

Ah ok that was actually a better explanation. The problem is and people will hate this. ... But it is still in beta and not fully released. One of the big problems right now and I have mentioned it before when pointing out we really are in beta is how very shallow questing is right now. IE there is really only 1 PVE path from 1st - 60th with everyone mostly running the same missions. There appear to be a small handful of class based missions present which is a good sign but only a small handful. The same problem also applies to PVP as you note with only 2 maps really for it.

Now if they haven't shown any sign of fixing that in 2 or 3 months I'll get concerned. Why that long? Because it takes time to roll new missions etc out through QC and the like in a formal structure. Still I do sympathize because it isn't as rich an experience as it will be in a year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think this is partly just burnout. I think many of us played this game very hard in the past two weeks, and as with all things, if you overdo them there is some backlash. Even if it's basically really enjoyable stuff, like eating candy. You eat too much and then just the mere sight of chocolate makes you go "ugh".

I felt a bit of what you described after I literally played 12 hours a day on my mage during headstart and after the OB started. First leveling (all zones), then T1, then T2, and also PvP. It started to get that feeling of restlessness and that's when I knew I was burning myself out on the game.

So what did I do? I played a little less, started reading the Neverwinter Saga, spent more time on the forums, joined a nice guild with awesome, mature people, focused a bit more of crafting and the AH, and I started to level an alt (or several). My Guardian Fighter is a lot of fun at the moment and I'm taking it slowly.

I also got more into foundry stuff. Started to work on my own foundry quests, put together a couple story outlines, and I do different foundries every day, not just the same ones as I had with my wizard. Just seeing new stuff every day keeps me motivated and when I spot something nifty in a foundry quest, I wonder how it was done -- so it's also a learning experience.

The next thing on my list is to work a little on achievements and lore entries.

I am enjoying the game, and play it in a more relaxed way than I did when I felt I needed to stay ahead of the curve, beat Castle Never ASAP, and so on. But there's no rush. The content doesn't go anywhere, Module 1 is probably at least six weeks away, and I plan to play this game for months or years to come, so I don't have to beat it in the first month.

Take a day or two off. See what you miss when you return and focus on that. If LFG annoys you (and yes, it needs to build better groups), join a guild, make friends. Here or in the game. MMOs, at the end of the day, are all about community. It's people that make you come back, not loot, not content.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    I have not cleared everything. I am also not burned out on the game.

Pvp is the same 2 simplistic linear maps from lvl10-60. Thats ok for me actually. There will be more maps in future. But even the PVE part of the game is horribly frustrating with bad dungeon queuing, replacement issue and tedious add fight.

The next tier dungeons they'll undoubtedly add later will only be more of the same, except it'll take people a lot more AD to get the enchantments upgraded and slotted. This is not a dungeon game, unless you're a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Foundry is the only decent thing about this game.
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    I'm going to clue you I'm on something that you might have missed. You can sell items that drop in dungeons for ADs on the AH, then you can buy those 1% enchants on the AH with ADs. I've made millions of AD this way without spending a dime. You can also get the coalescent wards by using the 7 day ardent coin reward and then combining the shards yourself.

And no, I didn't miss your blatant nonsensical shot in the dark about how gear scores are going to be used to feed b2p, I just think you're a doomsayers who's basically full of **** and pulling stuff out of your nethers

:D

I'd friend you but I don't have enough ADs. Experience for the smackdown! Thanks for the tips.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    "its beta" from Community manager
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    debars wrote: »
    "its beta" from Community manager

And the thing is, these days nothing really changes from beta to launch.
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    And the thing is, these days nothing really changes from beta to launch.

The term "beta" is broadly misused. It's really nothing more than marketing terminology at this point. For the purposes of the player, Neverwinter launched 2 weeks ago.