test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Queue System

mangl0lmangl0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Can you please fix it? It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you match 5 rogues together when cleric is an absolute must for PUGs.

Dont match people unless there are 3 damage dealers + 1 tank + 1 cleric.

Who ever came up with the brilliant idea matching groups with no healer/tank needs to be fired.
Post edited by mangl0l on

Comments

• Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a 4 rogue group the other day, lots of potions drank in that group
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've given up on queueing, It almost feels like my character is bugged(I know it's the same for most people) but I can't for the life of me get a decent group setup for dungeons. 20 minutes wait for this another 20 minutes for this. It's really a massive waste of time.
  • Options
    mangl0lmangl0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    I've given up on queueing, It almost feels like my character is bugged(I know it's the same for most people) but I can't for the life of me get a decent group setup for dungeons. 20 minutes wait for this another 20 minutes for this. It's really a massive waste of time.

That's what Im saying. It's so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this issue is sometimes the que system just tossing anybody together, but alos since threat and aggro are so broken, no one wants to play their cleric. I know for a fact that I stopped playing my cleric because I was sick of always dying in dungeons because adds aggro was absurd and impossible to handle.

I'll get back on my cleric when they fix aggro, but till then I like my rogue.
  • Options
    skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Skirmish queues (assuming they are the same as dungeon queues) seem to take forever. I heard someone say they try to match level and balance classes within groups, but I've had no confirmation of that. If there is balancing going on, that would explain why it takes so long, and why so many seem to avoid them and just shout in zone for groups. I can't tell which came first: people avoiding and thus making queues take longer because people barely use that, or the delay leading to people avoiding queues. It might be a death spiral for the feature, though, since those two aspects reinforce each other.

What a shame that they put in a great feature like queuing only to implement it so poorly that people just revert to older methods.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BUMP. Fix pls
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    I think this issue is sometimes the que system just tossing anybody together, but alos since threat and aggro are so broken, no one wants to play their cleric. I know for a fact that I stopped playing my cleric because I was sick of always dying in dungeons because adds aggro was absurd and impossible to handle.

I'll get back on my cleric when they fix aggro, but till then I like my rogue.

True true. I stopped playing my cleric and que-ing. My gear requirements are to run dungeons with dungeon delves broken (Throne) or headache to pug (Wolf)... or move on to t2 dungeons (gearscore 8900 or so). I gave up pugging for those, they give me a headache. They keep giving me all rogues, no CW or no GF... just a mess.

I'm not surprised is all rogues, but problem is it's hard to get t2s done with all rogues.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »

Takes me 2 hours more than it takes you for the same result, so yea...
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously queuing doesn't work at high levels yet, because there are so few people there.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I had a no cleric on Epic Lair of the Mad Dragon.

I laughed for 30 seconds before I left.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    but alos since threat and aggro are so broken

Has anyone actually proved it's not working as intended? I never remember aggro from the pen and paper days, and it's an odd thing people have gotten used to in other games. Maybe clerics aren't meant to sit back and heal, but people are so used to a trinity they have no idea how to get used to Controller/defender/striker/leader systems. Just imagine when Warlord or Bard get in, also in the Leader area like Clerics.

One of the most fun groups i've been in was no healer, but four CWs and a GW. It was awesome and faster than any other.
  • Options
    leviialeviia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I read on a "temporary" fix for cleric agro from one of the threads on this forum. Not sure if it works or not as I haven't had a chance to try it yet but feel free to:

Threat Fix:
    Cleric agro is broken at the moment to fix the issue remove all gear at the start of dungeon, while having sooth on a passive slot. After that place all gear back on again and your threat should be how it is intended to be you will draw much less agro and great-weapon fighters will be able to pull mobs off you via dps. You may still get a few archers on you.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's even more fun when you try on DD, especially t2. You get instant queues as any class, but chances are you will have a minimum of three rogues, plus a combination of CWs and GWF. Rarely any GF or DC (if ever). It's gotten to the point where 3 people in my guild are re-rolling clerics specifically because of how absurdly rare they are in queues.
  • Options
    zergilngzergilng Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so anyone know if they are planning on getting the Queue fixed up any time soon? ofcurse the Queue is long cause no one wants to go there the Queue system sucks
  • Options
    lechirolechiro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lower levels this can be easily fixed with companions.
    I've done cloak tower and the other lv25 dungeon with no cleric nor GF. just get 3 tanky pets and 2 healing ones. and I mean the lowest tier companions :)
  • Options
    eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Or maybe you could talk to people and form your own group? As much as know-it-alls like to proclaim the game has launched, it has not, and is still in beta. The bugs will be fixed.

@OP I think you're the one who is slightly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »
    Or maybe you could talk to people and form your own group? As much as know-it-alls like to proclaim the game has launched, it has not, and is still in beta. The bugs will be fixed.

@OP I think you're the one who is slightly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    So instead of fixing a broken feature, u should just leave it broken..?

Im <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for calling out a terrible design decision? Alrite, kiddo, time to stfu.
  • Options
    violentdeaviolentdea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I seriously wish it would just stick me with random people in low level queues. Having to wait 30 minutes or more for a dungeon or scenario is a pain in the butt. The first few dungeons and scenarios can all be done with pretty much any group make up so just give us one and let us go.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    violentdea wrote: »
    Honestly I seriously wish it would just stick me with random people in low level queues. Having to wait 30 minutes or more for a dungeon or scenario is a pain in the butt. The first few dungeons and scenarios can all be done with pretty much any group make up so just give us one and let us go.

In low levels it doesn't really matter. At lvl 60 it REALLY does.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the point of the beta is for users to find problem to be fix and it is a problem so we talk about it for them to see it is important to fix... too bad there are no official massages about it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zergilng wrote: »
    the point of the beta is for users to find problem to be fix and it is a problem so we talk about it for them to see it is important to fix... too bad there are no official massages about it

Exactly. I'd like to see an acknowledgment from an official saying that it's known and that it will be fixed.
    Right now I dont even know if it's working as they want it too or if its bugged.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    It's even more fun when you try on DD, especially t2. You get instant queues as any class, but chances are you will have a minimum of three rogues, plus a combination of CWs and GWF. Rarely any GF or DC (if ever). It's gotten to the point where 3 people in my guild are re-rolling clerics specifically because of how absurdly rare they are in queues.

As a cleric currently starting T2 I can understand why. Earlier I was in a group with two GWFs and two TRs. Could any of them take aggro from me?

Not even for a second.
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    When i got level 60 with my GF, every time i queue i get into dungeon instantly. However i need to reconnect every single time or there is no teleport to instance option. 9/10 times the group is 3 or 4 rogues + me. The single time its balanced, i usually get kicked cause after all, GF is inferior class in endgame.

Question that remain is why should i even bother?
  • Options
    lazercattlazercatt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump - Haven't seen any posts regarding this issue or clarification from devs about fixing this problem. Five DPS is occasionally doable, and I like instant matching as much as anyone else. However, four hours of being kicked for having duplicate classes and trying to find a composition that will work without killing a single mob is dissatisfying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1
    As a cleric currently starting T2 I can understand why. Earlier I was in a group with two GWFs and two TRs. Could any of them take aggro from me?

Not even for a second.

well this is another problem that the cleric aggro is bugged there is a guide on how to fix it untill the devs will
  • Options
    srikandi715srikandi715 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No suggestions on the aggro issue, but as for the time issue... if like most MMOs there are fewer than 20% each of tanks and healers in the player population, you'd expect wait times to be long for every other class.
  • Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    I queue with my friend. We are Cleric and Guardian. We have like 1 minute queues for epic dungeons :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Blaaarrrggggg!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mangl0l wrote: »
    So instead of fixing a broken feature, u should just leave it broken..?

Im <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for calling out a terrible design decision? Alrite, kiddo, time to stfu.

No, whiny little girl, you should give them time to fix it and quit *****ing about it. In the meantime you can use your little pea-brain and do some thinking for yourself - form your own group.