Install Arc

[UGC] Darkspire Mines

elorlaselorlas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Darkspire Mines - NW-DP44T2678
by: @elorlas
Tag: Combat
Sub Tag: Dungeon

[Updated] Added more encounters and story to the quest.

- The Story -

A certain businessman in Neverwinter has shown a great interest in acquiring the mine back from the Orcs and restoring it to it's former glory. Any brave adventurers willing to put an end to the Darkspire Orcs within the mine would be rewarded greatly for their troubles.

This map is designed for one of two people and wont give too much of a challenge to groups.

This is mainly a combat based quest with a campaign planned for a later date.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your fight through Darkspire Mines.
Post edited by elorlas on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 17 solo TR.

This quest is all combat, we never even meet the nobleman that hires us, just go to the mine/dungeon and kill orcs in it. I had no problems with any combat, only the boss didn't fall immediately. It took about 10 minutes to run.

Some orcs are standing on scaffolds behind orc walls. That was nice. The place overall was very sparsely decorated, it could use more orc stuff, the boss room was completely empty of decor for instance. "Squeeze through the wall" to progress to the next map at one point was nice.

The end bosses appear when the player reaches a point, but that point only triggers when you enter via the right side of the room. I entered via the left and the room was empty. I figured I needed to go somewhere else in the dungeon and the bosses triggered behind me and my quest switched to kill them.

If you want to make a campaign, there needs to be more story, otherwise it will just be a series of dungeon runs. I need to meet the person who's hiring me for instance, so he can tell me more about why he's hiring me, and return to him to collect my payment from the end quest reward chest.
  • elorlaselorlas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, thanks for trying out the map.

As for the encounters, I didn't really want to go overboard with too many and make it too hard. But I'll try add a few more and see what kind of results I get.

Once again, with the decor I didn't want it to seem overly crowded, but I'll be sure to go over the rooms again and see if there's places I can add in more detail to Orc it up a bit more. I'm glad you enjoyed the hole in the wall. :)

I recently fixed the trigger in my newest update to the map, so hopefully that should no longer be an issue, but I'll be sure to double check that it works okay.

I can add a bit more of a back story, and I wasn't sure whether or not people would want to spend time speaking to someone instead of getting into the fight. I'll definitely look at adding more speech with the nobleman, and perhaps someone within the mine.

Thanks for trying it out, and I appreciate the feedback.
  • elorlaselorlas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated.

Added more encounters and dialogue to start the quest.