test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Gear is broken and is ruining PvE

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
PvP gear is very good, almost as good as the best PvE gear, but you can get a full set of PvP gear in a few hours thanks to the cheap prices and abusable PvP instances.

There's currently no reason to do some of the PvE as once you hit 60 you can get the best gear in the game basically for free and in very little time.

Don't believe me? The epic weapons u can get with Taramalune bars is weaker than the PvP weapons. The epic weapons that cost 150 Ardent Coins (5 months of accumulating coins) is much worse than the PvP weapon u can get in 1-2 hours.

So with PvP essentially free, what's the point of doing any PvE?
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A question how do you tell you If an item is PvP? Iam level 59 so have not done PvP yet...so you are saying PvP is much better to get gear?
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "almost as good as the best pve gear"

best pvp gear = t1
    best pve gear = t3
  • aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The idea is PVP gear is close to T1 PVE gear. Meaning you can play PVP all the way to level 60, which I hear you can do in a day, and then use the PVP gear to spec yourself out enough to go into epic dungeons and start working on getting the T2 gear and such.
  • thumperrrthumperrr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.. i don't see any point in wasting time in dungeons at the moment because pvp gear is op and sooo easy to get. i think i got full set in about a day.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    T2 gear is better than PvP gear, and Castle Never gear is T3 gear, which is way superior. PvP gear is nowhere as good as the best pve gear, which comes from Castle Never. It's not even as good as T2 dungeons, so yeah, you can skip T1s if you go for the pvp gear, but keep in mind pvp gear has no rings or neck.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Lol, PvP gear easily obtainable maybe... But as for being the best gear in the game, you're way far off.

T2, every piece that is, is far superior to any PvP gear, because PvP gear as of now, is strictly T1 gear. I'm glad there's a way to get epic gear without running through countless of dungeons, and parties, and I really don't care for people who exploit the heck out of it either. In all fairness, I'd rather fight an AFK, and make double the glory anyways.

I've never went afk in a PvP match thus far, because I think it's worth more if you actually win, and sometimes you get those teams who do go afk, I don't care, I'm making more Glory then them, and it puts me that much closer to my gear, well, course I already have full PvP gear, and am now doing T2 dungeons to get some T2 gear, gotten a couple of pieces already, and it's just so much better then PvP gear, I'm maybe losing 1% critical, and a couple hundred hitpoints, that's nothing in comparison to what I actually do gain from the armor, so, minor loss.
  • lambch0pzlambch0pz Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    thumperrr wrote: »
    I agree.. i don't see any point in wasting time in dungeons at the moment because pvp gear is op and sooo easy to get. i think i got full set in about a day.

The point in 'wasting time with dungeons' would be if you simply don't enjoy PvP, which would describe an awful lot of MMO gamers.

As far as PvP gear being too easy to get in comparison to comparable PvE gear, I can't comment on that due to lack of experience and I'm certainly not going to take the word of forum warriors as fact. However if it's true it should probably be adjusted, imo, although this type of thing has never bothered me all that much in any MMO I've played. Just my 2 cents.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Took me a week to go from 10-60 pvping and I play a lot.

Also PVP gear is the best gear l2p
  • acidicpure1acidicpure1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The PVP gear is actually not the BiS, it is able to compete with tier 1 stuff - But it's not like tier 1 armour is actually hard to get in the first place. There are some really good sets for Tier 2 that are difficult to get at the moment that are miles better than any PvP set out there.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you tell which ones t1 or t2?
  • fathuntressfathuntress Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umm where do u start getting T2 stuff? at dungeons? sorry not 60 yet heh
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the OP's complaint is that because of AFK PVP exploiting there are tons of cheap Tier 1 PVP weapons available on the Auction House. Apparently he wants people to have to farm harder to get a gear score high enough to enter Tier 2 dungeons. I guess that is what he is complaining about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umm where do u start getting T2 stuff? at dungeons? sorry not 60 yet heh

Yes T2 stuff comes from dungeons that you have to have a high enough gear score to even enter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]