test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

foundry at end game

allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
quick question about the use of foundry after 60, so apart from beeing a good way of helping to lev and doing the dailies for the ad
Post edited by allumo619 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    k i give up so my question is this why are foundry quest rewards so bad at lev 60? besides doin daily for ad dont see the point is wasting time with it with such a bad reward system
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove special characters from your post, and it'll post in its entirety. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rofl i am not using ani special characters at all and still continues to not showing the entire text rofl
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Restate your question then, as there's something the forum doesn't like.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's easy to pinpoint what's wrong. It is exactly where your message is cut off.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    everytime i try to post a complete text on this forum tha happens to me all the time so avoid it now. my question was about the rewards of doing foundry quests at 60. they seem prety low judging for the size and difficulty of some decent maps
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course you won't get T2 gear doing foundry quests. The foundry is supposed to be "extra content" for a break in the normal grind. Some people try to make it part of their usual grind however, that's fine. But I think the developer meant for it to be a recreational diversion, adventurous even. Not really an end-game raiding time-sink to get rewards.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's because Cryptic nerfed Foundry XP and loot if you kill stuff faster than they think you should. Then they "unnerfed" it, but it's still behind official content. Foundry quests have been made that are recreations of official quests in order to test this. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?204312-Foundry-Nerf-and-Items
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    end game content of this game is realy quick enough to burn in a few days so why not take advantage of the foundry to keep ppl entertained. not saying to make t2 gear drop but actualy make something valuable drop like rare crafting mats for example. that way you actualy have a purpose of running it after lev 60
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well you can get astral diamonds from your daily quest for doing foundry content. They aren't going to be adding like additional loot or what have you because look what happened with all the foundry exploits within 2 - 3 days of launch.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, not that I don't think the foundry could use some help. That's just how I interpret the developer's ideology.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well exploit is something that are goin to keep happening aslong as you have ppl playing the game. havent played a single mmo that they completly prevented all exploits from beeing found. only thing i dislike on the foundry is too see such tool with potencial to keep ppl happy on the part that matters for most players, endgame, not having that much of a importance on the game.
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Remove special characters from your post, and it'll post in its entirety. ;)

Actually if your post wants to cut off, before you save the first time, copy the original post, then after you save it and if it cuts off, click edit, paste the original post back in and save. it will fix the issue and post it is it's entirety.

As for level 60 Foundry it is NOT about the rewards at all. There is no way the Foundry could provide rewards that are comparable to what you are going to get doing high-level dungeons.

The Foundry is about the content. It gives players a way to get AD for the daily, as well as gives them endless content in between PvP or Dungeon Delving.

If it is all about the rewards then this is probably not the game for you.

You actually answered your own quest a few posts up. You said why not make the foundry entertaining. That is WHAT IT IS. Entertainment. However modern MMO gamers have seem to associated pure unadulterated gear grind with entertainment, when it was originally about the storys, gameplay, and journey, not about what you got at the end of a long grind.

Therefore the Foundry is doing what it is intended, add more entertainment to the game that is separate of the typical grind that wears people down. You play the Foundry at 60 because you want to enjoy the trip, you do raids and dungeons because you want to enjoy the reward.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Oh, not that I don't think the foundry could use some help. That's just how I interpret the developer's ideology.

I do believe you're incorrect. Check out the GDC developer conference where they cover the basic ideology for the Foundry. The CEO of Cryptic pretty clearly says the Foundry rewards cannot differ from standard content, and must be as indistinguishable as possible from standard content, in order for UGC to succeed with a majority of the player base.

Back to the OP's point: Really, the only use of the Foundry at max level is the AD daily reward and possibly leveling up Companions (although, I get better results from grinding mobs in Hotenow public areas at 60, so even this use is pretty limited).

That's provided you don't feel "the story is everything"; and while I enjoy a good quest, as with any DnD quest, there should be a worthwhile reward based on the difficulty. This is where Foundry content is broken currently.

Honestly, I do feel the devs need to step up to their GDC goals. There are bugs to prevent and exploits to stop, but losing the forest for the trees and using item/xp caps in this way prevent this mission statement from being realized. And, as for those who create Foundry quests, it will limit plays by players who might be your average guy seeking a good quest. This then limits reviews. If they could viably level up using only standard foundry content, that's possibly 60 quest reviewed. At this time, I can't see anyone doing more than 5 or so as they level, just to cap off a bit of XP gap before the next zone. This hurts Foundry creators, since there will be less people playing, reviewing, tipping and experiencing the content.

If I wasn't dedicated to leveling a character solely through Foundry content, I probably would have played the 1 hour quest, seen less than a level, and just stuck to standard content (where 1 hour gets you about 5 levels). I feel this discrepancy must be addressed, or factually, the Foundry will stagnate.
  • Options
    wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During alpha, we chatted with one of the devs about this issue. My suggestion was to have a gear set only available through running foundry missions. They would have to decide where it would go on the power spectrum, but it would have a unique look. They liked the idea, so maybe it will happen once the launch issues are all fixed and they have time.
  • Options
    zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Instead of seeing foundry quests as a pure leveling system, look at it as a story telling tool.

At 60 you can make quests to tell story's, or make fun hard encounters for people. The end reward isn't always the main goal, sometimes it can just be fun.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, at level 60 it isn't really all that much about getting more powerful any more, but more about finding fun things to do. The Foundry is such a thing.