test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spam on Zone chat making it unuseable.

z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there a admin monitoring zone chat? Because the spam is out of control today.
Post edited by z69evermoon on

Comments

• aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hide Zone chat. You are welcome.
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    Hide Zone chat. You are welcome.

We have a winner. +1 :cool:
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a admin fixes the issue.
  • hangten1hangten1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    create diffrent chat modes? trade, pvp, global, area, limit the zone chats?
    Vulnerable
    hangten1-rf.jpg
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a admin monitoring zone chat? Because the spam is out of control today.

Right click on the name report for spam if enough people report the user there will be muted, also once you report they are auto added to your ignore list.

The more you know.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the gold farmer spammers are getting out of hand too. In the time it takes you to right-click name and click "report spam", they have already spammed the same message 20 times. Sadly, once they get muted, they just log on to a different account and do it again.
  • serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    It's silly that people are even allowed to spam the same message over and over back to back.

Why the devs don't implement the basic feature of flood protection is beyond me. I guess because they can't charge you zen to enable flood protection so it's low priority?
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And people wonder why Cryptic uses a system where players ignoring and reporting as spam people causes them to get a chat lockout for 24 hours.

See this kind of stuff if it really offends you and is clearly selling spam so report it. Otherwise ignore them. Both actions contribute to locking their chat out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And in amusing fashion the post that was immediately below this one was a poster whining about getting the 24 hour chat ban because he ... "just tried to sell some thing in the zone and everyone is doing it." So go forth and report and ignore all those annoying forsale spams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theaszuretheaszure Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hangten1 wrote: »
    create diffrent chat modes? trade, pvp, global, area, limit the zone chats?

then everyone just moves to trade chat to actualy chat :P
    [XBOX] - Malvious - Oathbound Paladin
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree that the speed of that chat makes me want to puke- it's mostly because they do not have several defaults set in place.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Replying to this because it seems to be the most recent thread about chat spam...

I was just on, busily reporting spammers for spam (and not just AD/gold selling, some people actually seem to think that posting the same LFG message over and over and over again is going to get them a group). It really is unusable, even if people just posted one message at a time, there's too many people in the one channel.

Yes, I know, I can just leave Zone chat. But I hate doing that, because sometimes I want to sell something, or to get a group, or even because I actually LIKE helping people. If I leave Zone I can't do any of those things.

There needs to be some kind of choke on the channel - separating it out into General, Trade, and LFG would be a good start, because then I would only need to be in the channels I want to use at the time I want to use them, and not have to wade through chat I don't need or want to read. Forcing a delay on the ability to post to the channel would help too... though perhaps the latter is a little too draconian a fix.