test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix Muting people

shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Twice someone(s) has been reporting me as spam and twice I've gotten muted for 24 hours. 1st time alright I was spamming 2nd time though I wasn't. This report as spam feature is simply being abused now and needs fixed.
~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
Post edited by shepherdofman on

Comments

• Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you announce items for trade in Zone chat ?
    People will report this the first time they see it because of the people who keep spamming it non stop instead of using the Trade chat.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is working as intended. This feature is in all current Cryptic games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have you seen Zone chat..? 90% of it is exactly that. Someone spamming for something. But no people shouldn't report someone for spam for any reason unless it's a cash shop site. Simple as that. Reporting people for spam when they're trying to sell stuff or find t2 groups or w/e should be punishable. I'm muted another 24 hours and can't do a **** thing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you did exactly what got you muted last time and expected a different outcome just because others do it ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

No, it's not. You could have a guild of close friends literally mute everyone who zone chats if they wanted. And considering that I got muted and I still see people spamming I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was this imbecile I had to deal with in pvp. It's a broken feature like most of this game seems to be.

But it's new, giving it time. But solving this problem should be a priority. Anyone who can't do anything for 24 hours cause people abuse a feature is bull
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »
    So you did exactly what got you muted last time and expected a different outcome just because others do it ?

I want you to read everything I wrote before and tell me exactly where I said I did exactly what I did last time. Read it. Reaaad it... Carefully. So you don't miss anything.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it's not. You could have a guild of close friends literally mute everyone who zone chats if they wanted. And considering that I got muted and I still see people spamming I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was this imbecile I had to deal with in pvp. It's a broken feature like most of this game seems to be.

But it's new, giving it time. But solving this problem should be a priority. Anyone who can't do anything for 24 hours cause people abuse a feature is bull

As I said this system is in other Cryptic games and has been complained about for a few years now. It is working exactly as intended and is unlikely to be changed. Mind you if you suspect you scenario of a guild muting you is true you can report and challenge it and if they did collude to mute you they can get banned. I'm not certain how much that actually happens but it is the statement made before about the system.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People putting you on ignore enough time counts towards the mute. The mean you no harm or anything bad. Maybe.
    The Spam Report is for reporting Gold Sellers. Those swarmed Champions Online back in the day. Yes, this isn't something new. :rolleyes:
    Spam Reports are supposedly monitored by "someone". In NW, that may be true.
    If you send a ticket, it gets maybe answered and dealed after 3-4 days. Working days, that is.
    And the system is working as intended. Thats whats been told us by Cryptic.
    So theres no reason to complain. Right?
    And the system is, supposedly integrated so deep in the code that trying to change it, will cause Armageddon.
    Oh yea, allmost forgot,
    if you get muted in NW, you are muted in STO and CO also. Muted in one, you're muted in all 3.
    /salute
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    magitek3magitek3 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, you could do exactly this. And there are groups that do this on both CO and STO. The developers have never even acknowledged this issue in any of their games, so it's safe to say that it is working as intended.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your comment following my asking if you were posting trades in Zone chat made it seem as if that is what you did. If you did not and simply got muted for talking in zone then I apologize for assuming so, however if you got muted for trade spam in zone chat then you deserved it as does everyone else who has destroyed zone chat with trade spam.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going to call anyone out for it unless they give me any hint they're actually involved. Which I doubt they will they're pretty close knit and I don't think I've ever seen the one who hates me in Zone chat himself. It's something only the dev's could figure out, but still it's a broken feature any way you look at it.

Anyway, the chat system needs fixed. They need to quit derping with Foundry, 90% of the people who care just want to power level. I guess it's my opinion that they need to focus on the convenience issues of this game. Party finding, the chat system, Auction House
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How is giving a group of people the power to mute anyone they wish "working as intended"? That makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So long as people abuse the foundry they will keep tweaking it and they are very very very unlikely to ever change the chat system.

Oh and threads on this topic typically get locked once the board moderators see them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How is giving a group of people the power to mute anyone they wish "working as intended"? That makes absolutely no sense.

That is the way it is though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone else see a problem with that? Honestly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This has been debated to death atleast zillion times in CO forums. The system is what it is, and thats it.
    We actually hope that NW release would change the whole system when people complain enough.
    But not holding my breath. Again....
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Working as intended and so deeply a part of the current chat system IN ALL THREE GAMES that it'd take a total reworking of the entire thing to do anything about....which Cryptic isn't about to undertake.

Yes, we see the problem with it. Some of the posters here have been with Cryptic since launch of Champions Online back in 2009, and have been pushing for a change in this system since THEN. No luck so far.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone else see a problem with that? Honestly.

It is irrelevant if people see a problem with it or not. We are not going to change it. The implementation and moderation of the CO forums when this system went live resulted in lots of bannings, and people leaving and no change to the system.

I'm just not going to bother fighting this fight. It's there game there rules and frankly it seems a waste of resources to fight it but hey ... if you want to try go right ahead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Only in Crypticland can you be chat banned by the player run Mafia. And said Mafia has ZERO repercussions on muting anyone they feel like.

Working by design. Even said so by a CO dev.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I still feel it's complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bull****..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZNM0ENUCO5I but this youtube video cheered me up
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »

You just described the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...LOL
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And who cares if they need to recreate the chat system. It's total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the way it is now anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They care. All it needs. Not to be done.