test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any of you hoarding Castle Never videos?

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Been trying to find some videos, only found one and it didnt show much.

Just wondering if anyone is clearing CN yet, or atleast has some videos of entire boss encounters?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »

Just wondering if anyone is clearing CN yet, or atleast has some videos of entire boss encounters?

From what I understand, the final boss is pretty extremely over tuned right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yah, my guild has done it a fiew times. They said its pointless because the drops are non-existent. I havent had the time lately to get a group going and try it, so was trying to do some research and find a video. It must be terrible if theres not videos already on youtube. =/
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    There are some videos up if you search the boss names on youtube ("Valindra's pet" and "Talgath the Watcher" are the first two and the only two I remember)

I don't think anyone has legitimately killed the Dracolich, and I'm pretty sure no one has killed Valindra. I imagine that when dungeon delves gets fixed and more people finish up some T2 sets, there will be more progress made.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cleared it last night. We never bother to record content. It's just one big gear check / competency exam.

1) burn boss kiting adds
    2) burn boss kiting adds
    3) kill boss dps add phases down rinse repeat
  • Options
    applepotatoepieapplepotatoepie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Cleared it last night. We never bother to record content. It's just one big gear check / competency exam.

1) burn boss kiting adds
    2) burn boss kiting adds

Just like every other encounter in this game!
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013

1) burn boss kiting adds
    2) burn boss kiting adds

That's not really surprising I suppose. I only really did Dracolich for about an hour last night before it was too late to continue (it was our first time in Castle Never). The adds seemed pretty difficult to kite due to their charges + speed + high damage. I just assumed that it would be unlikely that a kite strat would win, but that might have just been inexperience with it. Did you use 2 clerics or something? Either way, I'd be interested in seeing a video of that fight in particular.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

1) burn boss kiting adds
    2) burn boss kiting adds
    Got any proof or screens that you "cleared" it? Maybe you did, but I won't believe it till I see it.

Also, there is a big difference between gear check and competency check.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info! Glad to here you cleared it, shoulda made a video seeings how people see it as impossible atm =) Great bragging rights
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also, what server? Because clearing it is supposed to open Gauntlgrym, yes?
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »

just cleared 3 bosses on it maybe i should make videos
    ~FearITsSelf Dragoon
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Got any proof or screens that you "cleared" it? Maybe you did, but I won't believe it till I see it.

Also, there is a big difference between gear check and competency check.

no way he cleared it trolls
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just watched those two videos on Valindras Pet and Talgoth the Vile. Now granted I havent been in there, but...It looks incredibly easy. Easier than any most T2 boss fights thats for sure.

The Group had 1 cleric, 2 cw and 2 rogues...Looked like the cleric just focused on the boss the whole fight, for both fights. Seen some big hits in there, but thats cuz the cw got out of the shield. Am I missing something? Avoid the stuff on the ground, kill the adds, dps the boss. Could not be more straight forward and easy in my mind.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll take screenshots of dead bosses just for you tonight when we clear it repeatedly to sell the epics for AD. Gauntelgrym is not currently patched I to the game. Clearing castle never does not activate it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also we run CW/DC/GWF/TRx2

For boss encounters, the DC and CW control and kite adds while the TRx2/GWF burn the boss.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also we run CW/DC/GWF/TRx2

For boss encounters, the DC and CW control and kite adds while the TRx2/GWF burn the boss.

it's really sad that you don't even need a Guardian... really sad.

==--==

I know that piexoxo did a twitch stream of castle never. not sure how the video was labeled.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Considering boss fights consist of aoe spam from bosses and they rarely ever move, all a cleric has to do is seal the boss and kite with chains/come and get it/singularity.

This game may have a trinity, but it certainly doesn't require a trinity.
  • Options
    ranycranyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    i have one. it's from second boss and unfortunately the other GWF was horrible in DPSing so we had to drag the boss...
    Second try starts at 3min -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_wXI-HroI
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Just like every other encounter in this game!

Nothing surprising.
    That's a fact!