test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deleted one mail, and somehow it also deleted my mount mail. Happen more then once

progz86progz86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, when I was doing my mail somehow, I clicked only once and it also deleted my lvl 20 mount. Now I can't seem to get another mount for free. This isn't the only time this happen though. There was another time, when I sold something on the auction house and I took my currency from one, then deleted that mail, and it deleted the one under and the currency with it!
Post edited by progz86 on

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah did that to me today also :(
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• painstakepainstake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had this happen to me as well as explained regarding mail from the auction house.
  • devilcrazerdevilcrazer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes.Confirmed.
    fs_overall.png
  • tristor86tristor86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've reported this same issue through the in-game bug report... I can confirm it also.
  • jezeen5jezeen5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just had same thing deleted 3 useless mails and it deleted my entire 60 purple set i just bought from ah =/
    Death or Glory
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That just happened with a lesser plague fire enchantment i won in auction!
  • vandoornselaarvandoornselaar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same happened to me, the AH sends duplicated mails, but empty, so if u delete the Empty mail, it also deletes the one with the item, lost like 6 items i bought from AH till i realised this..
  • lordstormbowlordstormbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    progz86 wrote: »
    So, when I was doing my mail somehow, I clicked only once and it also deleted my lvl 20 mount. Now I can't seem to get another mount for free. This isn't the only time this happen though. There was another time, when I sold something on the auction house and I took my currency from one, then deleted that mail, and it deleted the one under and the currency with it!
    I would bet that you had two mail messages, one message with text and no attachment plus a second message with the same text and the attachment of the mount. Deleting the message that had no attachment also deletes the message that does have an attachment. (Exactly as vandoornselaar said.)

I've reported this in-game. (I lost a Founder's Pack related attachment this way.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suicidesuicide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had my entire inbox wiped out from deleting 1 message at one point. I had just switched between characters before it happened so maybe something to do with a delay between logging in/out in the mailbox.

Fortunately the founder pack and key-code items you can get back from the Founders vendor in the main town. I found that out after freaking out about spending $60 on the game and losing all my items before even getting them lol.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Founder items can be reacquired by visiting the Founders Agent #6 (on the map) at any time.

I find it completely stupid that we are able to delete mails with items.

I've reported the duplicate mail problem on the bug reports forums.

To repeat the problem.
    • buy out or loose a bid on 2 or more items.
    • open mail take items.
    • when you delete the first item, all other auction house mails will have been duplicated.
    • first mail from Auction House will contain text only
    • second mail from Auction House@<something> will contain items. sometimes these items cant be retrieved as the game things they are from another game.
    • you might have to wait a few minutes to an hour for the mailbox to realize the items are for NW.
    • Deleting either of the 2 AH mails will delete both.

I suggest you take all items first, then delete one at a time and verify the items have been removed, even if it means keeping the mail for a while long.

Again I cant believe that we are able to delete mails with attached objects.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/