test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking spawn point to map transition in a Neverwinter Zone and other questions.

coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Ok, so I have put together a narrative leading into my quest that has the player visit a building in the Protector's Enclave. I have it set so that when the player uses the door as a transition they go back to the enclave in order to exit via a city gate but on every attempt to do this when the player uses the door it spawns the player at the Hall of Justice rather than at the door they went to earlier. It also will not allow me to modify the enclave map in anyway so I can't place a new spawn location.

I have played several foundry quests that were able to do this, so someone enlighten me.. WHAT AM I MISSING..

Also, I was putting together an exploration map in which I wanted to place a couple wandering packs of wolves. When I looked I didn't see any wolves other than werewolves in the encounter list. I have played at least one mission which included these as an encounter, is this something special or am I just looking in the wrong place? To be specific these would not be tied to any objective but would simply be wolves wandering a part of the map that makes sense for them to be as a possible random encounter for the player.
Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
Post edited by coanunn on

Comments

• velarenvelaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I"m having the exact same problem with moving in and out of a building in the Protector's Enclave. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I found out the answer Velaren, in the preview it puts you to the hall of justice, once it's published it drops you outside the door you went into. It's one of the many reasons that testing in the preview isn't really accurate.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • velarenvelaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doh! Thanks coanunn. Been looking for answer to this a couple days off and on.
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I found it buried in the midst of advice in a post completely not about this topic. lol. Glad we both know now though.