test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Posting Names of PVP afkers

grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just wondering if we are able to post or somehow report the name of people who continue to afk in PvP matches. It is so bad now that people are actually spamming zone chat in PE for afk glory farming in pvp.
Post edited by grtaylor on

Comments

• Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree we need something done. When player are spamming zone chat's looking for these kinds of groups. Clearly a admin or something could easily catch such players,punishing them for cheating would let them know that it is not ok..

Also some sort of clear bold statement that this is considered cheating may help, I do not think most people who do this consider it against the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    theawesomeone111theawesomeone111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the idle system should be tweaked for pvp. Say 1 or 2 minutes of staying in spawn zone they get the boot and a penalty.
  • Options
    viquerothviqueroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not cheating... Cheating would be if they were exploiting a bug to win. For instance, the 2 million damage crits from CW's are a cheat, also jumping over the gate before the game started would be considered a cheat.

What is happening now is just some people trying to give 0 effort to gain gear. It's just extremely lame, nothing more. They should implement a report system, from both ends, where people would receive 0 valor.
  • Options
    khtariskangkhtariskang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree--it is not cheating per se--but it is certainly bad game-play and it hurts those players who are actively and honestly trying to play a battle to win. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing 1 or 2 members of your group suddenly sit idle for virtually the entire map---only to jump in place or jump out of the spawn at the last possible minute of the match to ensure they get their "glory".

Finally, I would love to pile on the comments about enemy combatants being able to jump into the spawn areas--either prior to the start of the match or during the match--it shouldn't be allowed. And at the very least--the players are exploiting or hacking the game to achieve this type of activity.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    viqueroth wrote: »
    For instance, the 2 million damage crits from CW's are a cheat.

That's the 4 set piece bonus from the Fatebender armor set. It's supposed to give you 5% extra damage, which stacks up to 3 times, making it 15%, but somehow that set bonus is broken and it gives +1million% extra damage, allowing CWs to hit for over 1 billion damage. Extremely useful to clear out every single Epic dungeon in just a few hours.
    And at the very least--the players are exploiting or hacking the game to achieve this type of activity.

Getting into the other team's spawn takes very LITTLE effort. I've done several times while spawn camping, and shown to others how to do it. All you gotta do is a few good jumps and press Shift to teleport while in the final jump. It's not hacking nor exploiting if the devs have placed locations for you to jump to, allowing you to get inside the enemy's spawn.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can't kill any enemy while having the campfire heal you.... you deserve to lose.
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    If you can't kill any enemy while having the campfire heal you.... you deserve to lose.

When your in combat I do not believe the campfire heals you... just to say that would mean that you may be one of the ones doing this.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not playing by the rules (having a match) to gain an advantage (loot for no play) over players who do follow the rules. That's cheating, no matter how you look at it.

I agree with the idea that in a highpaced match of PvP there shouldn't be any AFK. I don't care if you need a bathroom break, you can hold it in for 15 minutes.

But what's really bothering me is the public display of this abuse and (apparently) no mod stepping in to stop it. I mean, how simple would it be to get all those AFK'ers together in one location, and then lock them there :)
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »

Yeah, in combat it doesn't heal you, and the amount it would heal for is trivial compared to how much damage some people put out.