test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel Of Protection

yagsiyagsi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
the 360 ardent coin companion, this thing going to be any good and boe or bop?
Post edited by yagsi on

Comments

• Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like anything you grind for. Even the cash shop companions are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so don't see why a grind companion would be made good.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yagsi wrote: »
    the 360 ardent coin companion, this thing going to be any good and boe or bop?

let's see... game has been open for 10 days... 15 counting HotN players... if a HotN hit lvl 11 to start invokeing on day 1, they have.... 15 ardent coins max... so how many of the players that have 15 coins max, has bought the 360 coin to buy angel?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think the real question is what's worth more for your ardent

a limited durration potion?,

a dye pack (for ONE piece of equipment after??? days? really? it needs to be enough for every piece of gear you own so you can match if it takes that many coins),

a green mount at 100 days? by then you already have a green mount,

a blue weapon at 150 days? by then you already have better,

1 purple mount? (depends, you may or may not have one... well if you do, you don't need, and if you don't by 270 days then.... you don't need, since you would at least have a blue by then, and already been doing end game content for 3 months.

so that leaves the angel.

it's not about if the angel is worth it compared to other companions, it's all about the fact all the other ardent coin stuff is not even as close to being as usefull. (but, still at 360 days, you probably already have a purple or 2, and the angel may actually just sit around looking pretty in an idle slot.)
    ______

I'm going to get one simply because I don't need anything else off the frakking list of ardent things anyways, so might as well get an item that might have some use, and doesn't have a duration. (after I get angel, all I will get are the pots... nothing else on the list is even worth it t me seeing as I have a purple mount, and I think the dye pack looks awfull)
  • Options
    morbidthought666morbidthought666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Sad, but true, most of the ardent coin stuff is junk. Angel it is.
  • Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Probably going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like anything you grind for. Even the cash shop companions are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so don't see why a grind companion would be made good.

you know much about companions?
    like maybe some do other things than die?

calling something <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when you probably dont even have one... yea, gg
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I like how the blue weapon is 150 days but if you buy seals you can get an epic weapon in something like 1/3 of the same time.

It's like the 2 million AD blue chests on the vendors. Why are these even in game?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    okninerokniner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I like how the blue weapon is 150 days but if you buy seals you can get an epic weapon in something like 1/3 of the same time.

It's like the 2 million AD blue chests on the vendors. Why are these even in game?

hmm iirc the melee weapons are axes, so im guessing they are for people, who might want to use it to replace their existing weapon skins?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

yes you could buy a blue aredent weapon for 150 coins or buy 120 Drake tokens with 120 ardent and buy the even better Drake weapon...

Devs did not talk to each other at all when setting prices.

like profesion packs, and profesion boosters,

1,600Zenpack = 5 profesion asets and NOTHING else,
    300Zen:booster = 1-3 profesion assets and a few profession resources

divide by # of assets in pack =

320Zen:pack per asset and NOTHING ELSE
    300Zen:booster 1 asset, a few resourses, and up to 2 more assets

what is worth more? the "bulk package" or the "booster pack"?

buy 5 boosters you save 100 Zen and still get 5 assets, BUT you get a lot of bonus prizes resources, and up to 10 extra assets.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    okniner wrote: »
    hmm iirc the melee weapons are axes, so im guessing they are for people, who might want to use it to replace their existing weapon skins?

I get that but why couldn't the stats make them worth using as an actual weapon? I don't see an issue with that. I don't see much on that vendor page I care about at this point. Nearly a year of praying for a pet? if I don't have to go out of country or away from my computer for a day? If the AI is anything like the dancing weapons, it's going to be useless anyway.
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the weapons are more for the cosmetic aspect than the stats on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Go check out the Drake vendor again. I'm pretty sure the same weapon costs both 200 and 120 seals :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think the weapons are more for the cosmetic aspect than the stats on it.

Yeah, but why couldn't they be worth using as well? Considering it took me maybe 6 days at most to get t1-t2, I think they could afford to make something that takes 150 days pretty good :D
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    atm there is nothing else to play besides NW...

but i don't think i'm gonna be here after 360 days
    much better games might release @ Q4 2013.. and they might not be P2W games.. maybe actual real sub open-world non linear mmorpg.. who knows.. maybe god.. if s/he exist.. =)
  • Options
    fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the real question is what's worth more for your ardent

a limited durration potion?,

a dye pack (for ONE piece of equipment after??? days? really? it needs to be enough for every piece of gear you own so you can match if it takes that many coins),

1 purple mount? (depends, you may or may not have one... well if you do, you don't need, and if you don't by 270 days then.... you don't need, since you would at least have a blue by then, and already been doing end game content for 3 months.

so that leaves the angel.

it's not about if the angel is worth it compared to other companions, it's all about the fact all the other ardent coin stuff is not even as close to being as usefull. (but, still at 360 days, you probably already have a purple or 2, and the angel may actually just sit around looking pretty in an idle slot.)
    ______

I'm going to get one simply because I don't need anything else off the frakking list of ardent things anyways, so might as well get an item that might have some use, and doesn't have a duration. (after I get angel, all I will get are the pots... nothing else on the list is even worth it t me seeing as I have a purple mount, and I think the dye pack looks awfull)

You can also get drake seals, 1 for 1 :)
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »

Considering that the cash shop Ioun Stone of Allure is more or less equivalent to the Cat, which is considered to be the best pet at the moment (after cleric), I assume you're implying that all companions are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic/PWE owns you all.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Fine with it, you want to dye gear all the same, you put in the effort or time.

Clearly not for speed but for looks.

Again, it's for a skin, a unique skin you won't get elsewhere. Same as the blues from the AD vendor.
    1 purple mount?

Again, it's vanity.
    Probably going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like anything you grind for. Even the cash shop companions are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,

Let me guess, all you use is the healer companion? Speaking of useless, it makes players useless. I've boxed her up and will probably only pull her out to upgrade her somewhere down the line. She makes players less good, as they never seem to know how to use potions, and she's dead almost constantly in epics. The other companions are great, people just don't seem to know how to use them, or which ones to use when.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it's a hentai angel...