test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix what kripparian says

seifer24seifer24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by seifer24 on

Comments

• Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you quite grasp the whole situation here. The company has to make money somehow, that's why the game is designed the way it is.

The only thing they could do is maybe change what they are baiting you into paying for.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Everyone wants to make money. That doesn't justify <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres a difference between making money in a proper shop/echonomy on vanity and customization items and actual p2win items.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    ultraxanatovultraxanatov Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is making money by selling cosmetic stuff and/or convenience, and by selling power and/or basic MMO features.
  • Options
    djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with what he says about the chat system, it can be very clunky when it tried to autocomplete names when ur just trying to type, however hes wrong when he says u have to either right click their name or type their full name to reply. /r will auto reply to the last person who messaged you

I can see his points on the competitive pve creating p2w but he also said 1 thing i keep saying otherwise. blue wards cost $ to make enchants work 100%. u can buy them with AD - meaning not p2w just quicker for lazy people
  • Options
    antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    There is making money by selling cosmetic stuff and/or convenience, and by selling power and/or basic MMO features.

Fanboys wont ever grasp this simple fact.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    I don't think you quite grasp the whole situation here. The company has to make money somehow, that's why the game is designed the way it is.

The only thing they could do is maybe change what they are baiting you into paying for.
    I think you are the one not grasping the situation.

When you want to make money you need to strike a balance between the prices you ask and if users feel like they get proper value for their money, otherwise you won't sell anything.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    djleber wrote: »
    blue wards cost $ to make enchants work 100%. u can buy them with AD - meaning not p2w just quicker for lazy people

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not max level and have not dealt with this issue directly yet but isn't the "blue ward" only purchasable through the Zen Market? I'm not counting people that buy them from the Zen Market and then put it on the AH...I'm talking originally.
  • Options
    drakadraka Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

They will always make money. But they will make a LOT more money if the prices were not so ridiculously high. Like i said in anotherr thread, a 1 out 10 ppl will eventually buy a 40 EUR mount. If the mount was 10-15-20 EUR all these 10 ppl will buy at least one mount. Guess which one brings more money. Simply because the price is normal thus more ppl can and will afford it. The respec cost ~6 EUR which is ridiculous. But if it costs 1 EUR probably ppl will be respecing constantly - just because the price is realistic and not incredibly ridiculous. In fact if they lower the prices they will make a lot more money, a LOT more...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    draka wrote: »
    They will always make money. But they will make a LOT more money if the prices were not so ridiculously high. Like i said in anotherr thread, a 1 out 10 ppl will eventually buy a 40 EUR mount. If the mount was 10-15-20 EUR all these 10 ppl will buy at least one mount. Guess which one brings more money. Simply because the price is normal thus more ppl can and will afford it. The respec cost ~6 EUR which is ridiculous. But if it costs 1 EUR probably ppl will be respecing constantly - just because the price is realistic and not incredibly ridiculous. In fact if they lower the prices they will make a lot more money, a LOT more...

I agree whole heatedly with you on this. Less is more in cases with this, they will expand their window of "buyers" if the prices were adjusted.

Because I am just going to assume that most people are like me when it comes to gaming prices and such and it does not take but about 10 seconds to press "Y" in game and glance at these prices and laugh your *** off at them and close that window out and never look at it again. Completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Correct me if I am wrong as I am not max level and have not dealt with this issue directly yet but isn't the "blue ward" only purchasable through the Zen Market? I'm not counting people that buy them from the Zen Market and then put it on the AH...I'm talking originally.
    Does typing in bold yellow or whatever make you feel special?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, Kripp is playing Neverwinter? I should check out more things he's saying about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I think you are the one not grasping the situation.

When you want to make money you need to strike a balance between the prices you ask and if users feel like they get proper value for their money, otherwise you won't sell anything.

Not sure what you think it is that I am not grasping but I agree with you. Their does have to be a balance, and maybe their is already and I'm just to tight to spend anything.

In my opinion the prices are ridiculous, but their doesn't really seem like their is a shortage of people running around on Spiders or the $40 mounts so maybe they got the gaming community figured out already and know enough people will spend that kind of money on things.

I just would hate to see the game's population deteriorate due to prices on stuff because I like the game.
  • Options
    gongstargongstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Does typing in bold yellow or whatever make you feel special?
    I've seen his type in other forums.
    I have no fracking idea what is going through their minds when they choose to pollute the board like this.
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Such a dumb argument. The player that dumps $160 per weap/armor enchant will destroy everything in the game at level 60 including PvP thereby giving the average player a choice: Stop playing or start paying big $$$. PWE should stand for P2W.

The only real shame is the game is quite good and fun to play but not worth it for the players that aren't prepared to spend $1,000 to pump up their toons on a game. Oh, btw, the $160 enchants give the player 30% on crit to stun the enemy and works in PvP. Think about a rogue that mass crits in rapid succession.....stun lock to death much?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You can get them by praying for 7 days, chance, and other ways which i'm spacing at the moment, but i know i've gotten them from other sources than the zen market. Although, what is the difference with getting them in game or the AH?
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seifer24 wrote: »

Because anyone cares what some streamer says is the way the game should be played. OH NO Kripparian isn't playing out game oh woah is me. He *****ed about all the things in PoE too.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No, you can also get a crate every 7 days with your celestial coin that has a chance to contain a blue ward.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    mrarkedosmrarkedos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I agree with the OP.

First of all: I really like this game. It is really fun. But what I dont like is especially the topic "enchantments". If you want to get high end enchantments you have to spend ridiculous amounts of AD on the AH (for the radiant, dark etc. enchantments) and if you want to get a weapon enchantment you have to pay zen because the chest you get 1 time PER WEEK does not guarantee you a blue ward item.

Also I dislike it that there is no real place to farm the non-weapon enchantments other than maybe epic dungeons but since everyone rolls need on every enchantment the chances are very slim to get the enchantments you acutally need.
    The Problem I see here is once more content and higher Tier-Levels will be released people who do not pay are cut off from any serious progression which should not be the case in an MMO.

I am personally totally fine to pay for bags, to pay for character slots to pay for bank slots etc. But what I dont like is the fact that if you dont spent money on enchantments (and they are quite powerful) you will be cut off from any progression at a certain point.
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's simple really. They made money by marketing a simple "Neverwinter will not be a pay to win game". Held true to that for 10 minutes, people left the game for other reasons; Now to make the money and fill in the gaps for the lost people, they need to ramp it up a bit. Hence why we'll continue to see more pay to win items available as time goes on. Because there are always people willing to break out a credit card to instantly be better than the next guy who actually believes in the F2P guise.

It's just the nature of "F2P" games. You just can't blame them from a business perspective. But as a consumer, yes it always blows.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    Because anyone cares what some streamer says is the way the game should be played. OH NO Kripparian isn't playing out game oh woah is me. He *****ed about all the things in PoE too.
    I've barely watched much of kripps vids I don't watch his stream at all but he does have points from what I've seen, the ones I did watch about PoE was quite spot on, and I only disagreed his stance on looting, which seemed a bit d****ey.

PoE has a huge issue with stat weights, and a disparity between melee and ranged and elemental and physical damage. He wasn't wrong in those regards, so he's got SOME insight.

Some folks will listen to what he says, will avoid the game because they have learned to trust in his judgement and believe in his rationalization, you'll just have to live with that.

A good player tries to push a game to be designed as best it can be, a bad gamer takes it all at face value and accepts the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, much like a person in an abusive relationship, constantly going out of their way to badly defend their "beloved"
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seifer24 wrote: »
    +1, Kripp is just a boss:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]