test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If Gauntlygrm will bring new PvP gear, please make it cost more.

ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Guys,

I'd just like to raise the point that PvP gear provides enough gearscore to enter the end-game dungeons. Therefore, people can farm PvP and still have the gear to PvE efficiently which personally, I don't agree with. A simple fix for this, besides having a defined difference between PvE and PvP gear would be to increase the glory price of the items stopping people spending days to farm the gear to PvE and just PvE instead. People who farm the PvP gear should WANT to PvP in it, not get a shortcut into PvE.

Cheers. :)
Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
PvE Enthusiast.
mbre6g.jpg
Post edited by ashrox10 on

Comments

• abooselolabooselol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude, they dont care, they just want your $$$$
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abooselol wrote: »

What has money got to do with PvP and PvE gear...
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    What has money got to do with PvP and PvE gear...

Bind on Equip. They want gear to be cheap enough that people can sell it to other players after they are done farming theirs for AD profit. Constant stream of zen to AD conversion = money in PW pockets. That's the cynical view of course could just be an honest misunderstanding of how easy it is to get multiple full sets of pvp gear, but I doubt it.
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abooselol wrote: »

This^

Working as intended.
  • nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't think they should.

i'm not sure if the amount of glory per match changes at max level or not, but, i'm in the 39 bracket. did two PVP matches, won both and won one with the glory increase; i have around, idk, mid-400ish glory. i think i got around 180-ish for the non-daily win.

that means it'd take, roughly, anywhere from 15-25 matches per PVP piece, since most pieces seem to hover around the 4k margin. i don't think increasing the price it the right choice. you also have to consider that PVP gear seems to only be equivalent to T1 PVE gear.
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd never have that kind of patience to even play PvP, much less farm it for gear, but I seem to be in the minority that does exclusively PvE.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ryftlord wrote: »
    I'd never have that kind of patience to even play PvP, much less farm it for gear, but I seem to be in the minority that does exclusively PvE.

Most people pvp because it's always a cheap and fast way to get some of the best endgame gear in every game. Much easier than doing dungeons. You even get rewarded for failing!
  • brinuzzbrinuzz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    add some pvp gear that doesn't take 1 day to get full set k ty bye
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Most people pvp because it's always a cheap and fast way to get some of the best endgame gear in every game. Much easier than doing dungeons.

I avoid PvP because quite frankly, it is frustrating to me. Plus I like to enjoy the PvE content. Mad Dragon was a far more satisfying victory for me than I think I would ever get out of PvP. But back on topic.

Good gear only gets you so far.
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, im sorry but I dont think that is fair.

If I have done all of the PvE content, perhaps I would prefer to play PvP on my alt to gear them up and then start my dungeoneering experience.

Furthermore good gear does not denote player skill.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • berrgberrg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't think they should.

i'm not sure if the amount of glory per match changes at max level or not, but, i'm in the 39 bracket. did two PVP matches, won both and won one with the glory increase; i have around, idk, mid-400ish glory. i think i got around 180-ish for the non-daily win.

that means it'd take, roughly, anywhere from 15-25 matches per PVP piece, since most pieces seem to hover around the 4k margin. i don't think increasing the price it the right choice. you also have to consider that PVP gear seems to only be equivalent to T1 PVE gear.

I don't know id probably rank it above t1, it would probably be anywhere from t1.5 to t1.8 (if such a sub tier would exist, scratch what i previously said pvp gear is borderline t2 tier). The pvp weapons are so good they are almost at t2 rank.

I know i won't be farming the t2 weapon's for a miniscule 11 higher weapon damage which costs about 200 seals to get that 11, but that's just me. Unless your really looking for certain stats depending on what feats you chose.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know those coins you got when you hit 60? I've got a feeling those are going to be for the higher end pvp gear, even if they add another glory vendor with gear better than what is there currently. I'm also wondering what tier of gear will be dropping in the dungeons there, as it seems like Wintergrasp, where it mentioned who won the zone unlocking the dungeon, but since we don't have factions, not sure how that will work. Unless it's just locked until we complete the tasks in the zone and then they unlock.

I personally don't care if they are cheap to get or you can sell them. PvP always blows, especially when it's a bunch of rouges, CW and a healer, and half your team is afk. Heck, i only ever do it here when i have the dailies and pray i get the extra count so i have to only do it twice. PvP grinds are far worse in my eyes than any quest grind ever is, especially with any balance issues. Then add in when you need the gear to even survive, ugh.
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    You know those coins you got when you hit 60? I've got a feeling those are going to be for the higher end pvp gear, even if they add another glory vendor with gear better than what is there currently. I'm also wondering what tier of gear will be dropping in the dungeons there, as it seems like Wintergrasp, where it mentioned who won the zone unlocking the dungeon, but since we don't have factions, not sure how that will work. Unless it's just locked until we complete the tasks in the zone and then they unlock.

I personally don't care if they are cheap to get or you can sell them. PvP always blows, especially when it's a bunch of rouges, CW and a healer, and half your team is afk. Heck, i only ever do it here when i have the dailies and pray i get the extra count so i have to only do it twice. PvP grinds are far worse in my eyes than any quest grind ever is, especially with any balance issues. Then add in when you need the gear to even survive, ugh.

My thoughts exactly. To be perfectly honest, PvP is hardly ever "balanced" in my experience.
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • overflowanno1996overflowanno1996 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @60 u get 1k+ glory per game. I got almost full set and 11.5k GS from 2 days, did play because it was fun tho and not the useless piece of **** kids that afk farm... lamest exploit so far. Other games would suspend your account for that, just saying.
    I'm not elitist. Why do you say that? Those guys are noobs compared to me
  • janetsnakeholejanetsnakehole Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvE and PvP should be entirely separate entities the way this game is setup. If you can have the armor from PvP in PvE, the stats need to be nerfed big time, completely unfair to those to grind in Dungeons for good armor as opposed to people who farm PvP all day by afk'ing in the match.
  • djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @60 u get 1k+ glory per game. I got almost full set and 11.5k GS from 2 days, did play because it was fun tho and not the useless piece of **** kids that afk farm... lamest exploit so far. Other games would suspend your account for that, just saying.

What game are you playing where pvp gear gets u 11k gear score? it may be different per class but i have all the pvp gear + epic neck and rings, blue waist and green shirt/ pants (neck, rings, waist pants and shirt cant be gotten from pvp) and im at 9200gs with enchants
  • zewbewmewfewzewbewmewfew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As an avid PvPer, I agree wholeheartedly. The T2 PvP gear should be difficult to get (and it should be BoP, but that's another matter entirely).
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i know that normal afk time is like 15 minutes, but that is more than some matches take. I wonder if they could make a different timer for pvp, where not just movement, so people couldn't just run against a wall, but actually doing something keeps it from kicking in, and it is less than five minutes or something. Just a thought. Something does need to be done though, as with even one person down it can toss the balance enough to never win.
  • lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 winz = one piece of epic gear

I agree with OP
    The new 60 PvP should reward players with higher stat pvp gear but charge ridic amounts of glory. Like 20k for a chest piece.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    first of all, all 6 pvp peices+ blues leaves you at like 6.5k gs. you still have a long way to go before "endgame" (castle) dungeons (9300-9700)

now secondly, you're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for overlooking the fact that even the t1 gear is itemized for pvp far better than the pvp gear.

stop whining.

im pretty sure the vast majority of players disliked the vanilla wow and aion style of game that was "oh you hit 60? go farm 50-55 dungeons for 2 weeks before you do any epic content'

that's a horrible and dying/dead system, PWE has made alot of mistakes with NW, this is not one of them.

back to op, i agree, make pvp gear harder to get

and for god sakes add a pvp stat.

and make gauntlygrm give right side gear, and GIVE US STRUCTURED 5v5 MATCHES.
    and maybe arena rating required gear, or not.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want T2 PvP set for PvE, since it has better stats for Sentinel GWF than either of the PvE sets (dps one lacks defense, tanking one... well... would be awesome if GWF had any sort of a taunt or viable threat mechanics outside of damage).
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone please explain to me why everyone cares so much about how joe-somebody obtains gear for PvE?

As was stated gear does not denote skill.

If a player can get fully geared doing PvP then I can doing PvE...............who cares? You're both reaching the same goals doing what you enjoy most.

God forbid someone you don't even know can perhaps do it faster since, you know, that directly harms your PvE experience.

Oh wait....it doesn't.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do pvp for the daily, for fun and for some gear. I like having gear making me somewhat competitive without being a hardcore player, and without having to farm endless matches slowly because I get smoked by guys without a life doing nothing but playing MMOs all day long and pvp-ing all day. I'm definitely not a bad player and i think i deserve some good gear even if i don't play 18h a day. ;)
  • selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey look, something else they took from SWTOR lol. Pretty sure you could have left this one behind Perfect World.