test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchanted Key Question

daventry23daventry23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do these drop at all from mobs for the nightmare lockboxes or is this Zen only. I saw a key for sale on the auction house and wanted to know if i can just farm keys
Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent.
H. P. Lovecraft
Post edited by daventry23 on

Comments

• lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are from the Zen store. You have to buy them or get them from someone else such as in the AH as you mentioned.
    L'sya Raiya
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You have to buy them through the Zen Store for 125 Zen or 1.25$ per key.

Oh if you are smart enough, just convert Astral Diamonds to Zen and then buy the keys as to be honest, at the rate the boxes are dropping, the things you are going to obtain will be terrible. If you are really lucky you may get the Nightmare horse within your first 10 boxes, but I'm having my doubts.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very disappointed in PW with their Zen prices. Everything is so overpriced...
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    meh I just take diamonds that I earned convert them to Zen and buy my keys that way, if you keep an eye out you can get a really good exchange rate from AD horders. Haven't spent a penny yet and haven't even tapped into my AD gift from my HoN pack and I pop at least five boxes a day.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • vastolordesvastolordes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't expect ANYTHING when opening the boxes, it'll just give your hopes up. Basically gambling. Thinking you'll hit a jackpot is not good in any gambling situation. Lol. I've been in that situation in Jade Dynasty thankfully (And not LV). I think I've spent few hundred dollars on Zen in Jade Dynasty buy all the mount LMAO. I had a really bad habit. So if you want to open the boxes, open it as if it you'll receive nothing. If you get something good, great, but doesn't mean you'll get something great again.
  • zikorezikore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am extremely disappointed with the micro transactions in Neverwinter. I have leveled my Cleric to 48 and the AD costs when adding and removing high level enchants are ridiculous. I started with 2 million AD and I am down to 1.4 million in just 2 days. You can only create 24K per day in game and I am spending over 300k/per day. I spent $200 on the HotN founders pack and it like they want me to spend $50-$75 a month to play. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion.
  • bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited April 2013
    zikore wrote: »
    I am extremely disappointed with the micro transactions in Neverwinter. I have leveled my Cleric to 48 and the AD costs when adding and removing high level enchants are ridiculous. I started with 2 million AD and I am down to 1.4 million in just 2 days. You can only create 24K per day in game and I am spending over 300k/per day. I spent $200 on the HotN founders pack and it like they want me to spend $50-$75 a month to play. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

300k a day? While I understand your frustration, I think you may be putting too much of that onus on PWE. While it is certainly convenient to remove the enchantments, it is by no means required - the things drop like candy. Why bother spending AD to remove the when you can just as easily replace them with stuff that you picked up off the ground?
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zikore wrote: »

Removing enchants is a convenience not a right.

If you don't want to pay you can go farm enchants for free.
  • kanithar85kanithar85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh I just take diamonds that I earned convert them to Zen and buy my keys that way, if you keep an eye out you can get a really good exchange rate from AD horders. Haven't spent a penny yet and haven't even tapped into my AD gift from my HoN pack and I pop at least five boxes a day.

How do you convert AD to zen..??
  • hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kanithar85 wrote: »
    How do you convert AD to zen..??

There is a Zen/AD exchange along the small top menu. I believe it is the third from the left, but I'm not exactly sure. It has the little z icon as opposed to the big Z for the Zen cash shop.
  • hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    Oh if you are smart enough, just convert Astral Diamonds to Zen and then buy the keys as to be honest, at the rate the boxes are dropping, the things you are going to obtain will be terrible. If you are really lucky you may get the Nightmare horse within your first 10 boxes, but I'm having my doubts.

I've opened 20 boxes so far and not gotten any purples/mounts. I'm sitting on about 90+.

However, I have gotten about half of them with Idol's, so turning those in for 40K AD actually is pretty worthwhile. If you keep track of AH key prices and the AD/Zen market you don't really have to spend real money at all to be able to try a few boxes every day.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother removing the gems unless it's rank 5 and above. Rank 1-3 gems drop like candy.
  • kanithar85kanithar85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsinrog wrote: »
    There is a Zen/AD exchange along the small top menu. I believe it is the third from the left, but I'm not exactly sure. It has the little z icon as opposed to the big Z for the Zen cash shop.

ahh okay. So I trade my AD for another ppl's zen.

thanks for the help :D
  • gortys999gortys999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this is for enchanted keys id like to post my feedback (idea) here. The price for a key in the store (zen) is ridiculous high (according to the drop rate of lockboxes). So they should either lower the drop rate of the lockboxes OR lower the price of the key at the zen store.
  • anicocia88anicocia88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've opened around 120~150 boxes (at the least), and I did not get a mount. I did however get so many Trade Bars that I could just buy the Heavy Infernal Mount for 2.5k, as well as Gloomwright Boxes for easy leveling.

I would recommend stockpiling nightmare boxes until there is a determination as to whether Enchanted Keys will be obtainable without monetary base.
  • gortys999gortys999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how did you get the keys? bought them for real money or exchanged AD-> Zen ?