test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Farmers destroying the economy

barutsrbijabarutsrbija Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just look at the picture:

Um7w3OK.jpg

The person is asking for 176K Zen's for 361 AD each = 63.5 million AD

There is a cap on how much AD you can get and this game is new so no way he could get this much AD in such a short time.

The value of ZEN dropped drastically in last few days and gold spammers increased.

Cryptic please start banning these type of players otherwise the economy will be ruined.
Post edited by barutsrbija on

Comments

• Options
    ashwillowashwillow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually you can get quite a lot of AD if you are lucky and/or play the AH right.
    just getting a few very rare level assets from the profession bags is enough to net you a few millions, and people do pay hefty prices for stuff like full crafted (tier 3 results) and epics.

the 24k refined AD/day is really just small change and i doubt you can consider it a large part of the economy.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Um7w3OK.jpg

There is a cap on how much AD you can get and this game is new so no way he could get this much AD in such a short time.

The value of ZEN dropped drastically in last few days and gold spammers increased.

Cryptic please start banning these type of players otherwise the economy will be ruined.

You realise that that could be 176k people putting up 1 zen each right?
  • Options
    blackfire001blackfire001 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The economy was ruined when they ok'ed charging money for progression.
  • Options
    ashwillowashwillow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You realise that that could be 176k people putting up 1 zen each right?

i believe he was referring to the fact it shows the bulk amount requested, and we don't know if it's from 1 person requesting that much zen or a multitude of people.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got news for you, these arn't gold farmers but Auction house masters.

You like playing with monsters, they like playing the economy. To each their own.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    The economy was ruined when they ok'ed charging money for progression.

Or rather whey they gave a huge AD bonus for founders.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    This has hardly anything to do with Gold Hoarders :D
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone doesn't understand how the exchange works, clearly.

They've set it up so that it can have a variable rate, from 50 to 500. Yes, the economy started pegged at maximum. Because 1. the only AD that existed was the bulk amounts the Founders bought, and 2. people could buy as much zen as they wanted. AD was more valuable.

As more people get AD, and the economy stabilizes, the exchange rate drops. At some point, it'll stabilize, once we have all that founder AD out of the economy and it's running "naturally".

(And yes, that 176k zen is the sum total of everyone trying to sell a zen for that price. If you put some zen up for sale at that AD value, it'll add to the total.)

Personally, as someone planning to sell AD for zen, I'm happy with the value change - it'll get me more AD. The last year on Star Trek, I've gotten around 8-10k zen on the exchange - because the exchange rate has been in the 90-130 range. Of course, the zen sellers weren't happy, since they had to sell more zen to get dilithium for projects, but the price seems to be slowly rising again.

edit: the real profitteers are the people who, during the 5-day headstart, said "hey, zen is the most valuable it can be!" and bought $50-200+ of zen and used it just to buy millions & millions of AD. They're going to wait for a few months, until the rate drops even more, then cash out, doubling their zen. (I was both too late, too cheap, and too impatient. I heard about the concept and turned $10 of my zen into AD @490. But then I wanted to buy something, so I changed it back while the rate was only a bit lower. Made 50 zen profit.)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    edit: the real profitteers are the people who, during the 5-day headstart, said "hey, zen is the most valuable it can be!" and bought $50-200+ of zen and used it just to buy millions & millions of AD. They're going to wait for a few months, until the rate drops even more, then cash out, doubling their zen. (I was both too late, too cheap, and too impatient. I heard about the concept and turned $10 of my zen into AD @490. But then I wanted to buy something, so I changed it back while the rate was only a bit lower. Made 50 zen profit.)

Actually that is nothing compared to the amount made by people who raced to endgame, and started selling all the BoE epics on the AH.
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    The requested amount is not from just a single player. It's the total among all people who is buying for the same prices.

This is pure supply and demand, if the supply is higher than demand then AD value will be higher, if demand is higher than supply AD value will be lower.
    Meaning that it depends completely on how much zen there is currently for sale.
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    This is unsurprising. The price will probably continue to fall as more and more AD floods the market.

It's actually the contrary. The more AD, the higher zen prices because it makes AD less valuable.

But really, once all founders and spenders get rid off their initial zen/investment prices will probably rise again.

And if AD can be gained fast through several ways you can expect Zen to rise its price.
  • Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Um7w3OK.jpg

before you post something. maybe look into it...
    the posting for 175k zen is not one person. derp derp
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you have is the sum total of the purchase requests by players wishing to buy zen with their AD.

You know what they say about assuming. The maximum offer any person can make on one buy/sell transaction is 5000 zen. Also, there is a limit to the number of listings that you can have. I believe 5 is the maximum number of listings you can have. In essence, you would be able to have five listings of 5000 zen purchase/sales which equals 1,805,000 AD at the rate of 1 zen per 361 AD. Times that by 5 and you have 9,025,000 AD. So, a person can make purchase requests of 25,000 zen as the maximum; that's no where near 175,890 zen that OP is assuming is being requested by gold sellers. You'd need 7.0356 characters or accounts to make 175,890 zen purchase requests.
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The trade was actually pretty good till the game opened up on the 30th. We were looking at around 600 AD per zen, since the 30th i havent seen it even 500 ad per.
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually that is nothing compared to the amount made by people who raced to endgame, and started selling all the BoE epics on the AH.

There was no race, just playing it gets you to 60 in a few days... and the purples are levleing out to a decent price now which is good for people that are not getting into the dungeons with decent teams or people needing all the time.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The trade was actually pretty good till the game opened up on the 30th. We were looking at around 600 AD per zen, since the 30th i havent seen it even 500 ad per.

500:1 is the maximum the game allows. It was 500:1 for the whole headstart and I bought 15M AD at that rate. That cost me 30,000 Zen. If I exchanged them back now, I would get back about 41,000 Zen. Not bad for about two weeks. (But it will get better, so I hold onto those.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    It doesn't really work like that in an exchange market. Since they are both tied to each other, when one is devalued, so is the other.

And how are they tied to one another?
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm, that could be any number of people placing AD up for ZEN, not ONE person.

Also, you can get a TON of ZEN every single day.

1. Leadership
    2. Invocation
    3. do every daily
    4. Skirmishes, especially during bonuses
    5. Broker, so much AD to be made here its not even funny.
    6 ZEN store. You heard me. You can buy anything from here with ZEN and make far more in AD to buy more ZEN than you spent.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't gold farmers as others have said, what i do feel are farmers (gold farmer not making sense as gold is next to worthless), it's people needing on all items to sell on the market. Those are the farmers, gold farmers or just players being greedy, that will ruin the game for a lot of people. I've had several runs in a row where i didn't even get a single green because people were needing on everything.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013

no you didn't. . .

. . .the cap is and always was at 500 to 1. . .
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    As i told before in Bug reports section, some people know how to cheat. One players once showed me a screenshot with 70 millions of AD, lol, and he said that he found a way to abuse auction, lol and was wandering why people donate at all. And this was the first week after opening servers so i doubt that he could do this by playing fair.
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Um7w3OK.jpg

Expect you can get that much AD if you invest cash into the game or some people have been farming purples in level 60 dungeons and selling them. Just because you haven't figured it out doesn't mean there is some grand conspiracy manipulating the market.

The price is falling because people are complaining about the prices being too high in the cash shop. People won't buy zen unless the price falls. People are selling zen to the market because there is high demand for it.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have 60m AD. Then again, I've been selling top tier purples since day 3 of early start. Best $200 I have spent on a PWE game :]
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so u don't know that if multiple people sell zen at the same price the the amount of zen available for that price goes up. so no it's not 1 person it's multiple people.
  • Options
    barutsrbijabarutsrbija Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My bad I thought it was 1 person asking for 175K zen...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    500:1 is the maximum the game allows. It was 500:1 for the whole headstart and I bought 15M AD at that rate. That cost me 30,000 Zen. If I exchanged them back now, I would get back about 41,000 Zen. Not bad for about two weeks. (But it will get better, so I hold onto those.)

I know i bout some at 600, so dont know where you are getting your info but it was at 600.