test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With all the complaints about having to pay/farm for content, here's what I'll do...

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm going to just enjoy this game for what it is. A GAME. I'm not gonna go for being the best of the best with the most expensive gear and options. If I buy anything from the Z-store at all it will be extra character slots and possibly prestige classes if they're introduced there. Or if I buy a mount, I only need to buy one as they're unlocked for every character on the account (as far as I know).

The good people at Cryptic worked hard to give us this game. It probably cost a ton of money to create it, and we get to play it for free with the Z-Store stuff as optional. And I'm sure they're not happy to hear all the complaints that a lot of players have gotten vocal about.

So I figure with careful planning of my powers/feats/gear I will get to the endgame. I won't be the best but I'm going to just enjoy this game just the same.

I'll probably be ridiculed at the endgame by the more elite players but that's okay. I'll play this game until I can no longer enjoy playing it. Which could be a while... I haven't had this much fun since Star Wars Galaxies (which I paid 2 years subscription to play).

Thank you, Cryptic. And PWE. Thanks for this game and for adding one more world that I can have fun exploring. I'm sure you're about as tired of the complaints as I am. :)
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's pretty much the approach I'm taking... play the game, enjoy what you like, and take a break if you encounter something you don't. Use the best items that drop from enemies or are quest rewards, and just enjoy the same while all the "srs bznis" people cry that it's so expensive to get top-end gear.

It's a shame, though - you'd think that catering to the average Joe with $1 or $2 purchases instead of these $30+ ones would net more money over time...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    This is an amazing MMO for a casual minded player. Anyone who doesn't insist on having the absolute best for their character should enjoy the game tremendously.

However, there is very little chance for a serious competitive end game scene with the current state of the game(the enchantment system in particular). If they want to release 20+ person raids, and have their playerbase take it seriously, then they will need to fix a lot.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1

Have fun mate. =)
  • Options
    okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i sure hope the mounts are for more then 1 character as 30-40 for 1 mounts is daylight robbery.
    and as the lad above said they would make much more money if they just lowered the prices.
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes friends, I agree, forget all this nonsense about being treated well by the creators of a player-base driven game, and come and sit in the sun with me, ah it's so nice to be tranquil.