test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bosses - Not enough adds and aoes

muleskinnalumuleskinnalu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This game has some seriously thought out boss mechanics.... but I think they should add adds and some aoe attacks from the bosses as I think there is not nearly enough of that going on right now.:mad:
Post edited by muleskinnalu on

Comments

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree. You can see this really start showing in battles such as the Mad Dragon. Could easily do with doubling the amount of adds and the dragon doesn't have near enough hp.

XD
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talking about adds...red dragon...the wohle freaking kobold population of fearun is there...
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wait wut? adding more adds? i thought everyone was complaining about boss fights being lame with adds everywhere
  • Options
    sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game has some seriously thought out boss mechanics.... but I think they should add adds and some aoe attacks from the bosses as I think there is not nearly enough of that going on right now.:mad:

might i ask to what level you have played up to? i would seriously suggest playing lair of the mad dragon. grey wolf den and The Dread Vault. that or i hope you seriously were being sarcastic. if you were being serious then try the above dungeons when you reach their level or if somehow your capped try the epic versions i assure you they are *fun*.
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG this! More adds, it's ridiculous how few there are in the dungeons. It would make the boss fights much more clever if we had loads of adds.
  • Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Have you guys played Star Trek Online? Ya Cryptic has a some issues when creating boss fights. They think throwing adds and more hit points makes the event "better/funner".

Seriously they need to get some people hired who can do better! The dungeons themselves looks pretty good and some of the trash mobs are ok, but the bosses.... so bad!!!
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    '

I see what you've done there. =P
  • Options
    muleskinnalumuleskinnalu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    might i ask to what level you have played up to?
    So far level 50
    I see what you've done there. =P
    I know right?
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ah I know what your problem is.....

There are enough adds.

You just haven't looked over at the Cleric in your group - you'll find all the adds there. :D:D:D
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    llamaswabllamaswab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »

There are enough adds.

You just haven't looked over at the Cleric in your group - you'll find all the adds there. :D:D:D
    As a GWF, Clerics are my best friends for this. Until Steve the Wizard is like LOLNOPEREPEL and I'm sad and useless again.
  • Options
    bojangedbojanged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see more adds and AOE's also. What I propose is adds that spawn more adds that do AOE's. If they added this in I think the boss fights would be much more interesting and fun.
  • Options
    aurelijus1aurelijus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, we need more adds, right now we got a boss, and tens or even fifties adds running out of no where, and wiping the whole group in dungeon or a solo player in a quest dungeon, but hey, we need more challenge, eventually we will still kill the boss!............. *pokerface*

That person probably is still in the early levels...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »

There are enough adds.

Zing!

I normally play healers in mmos. Kind of glad I opted not to for once in this game. Seems like it would be a massive PITA.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aurelijus1 wrote: »
    Yup, we need more adds, right now we got a boss, and tens or even fifties adds running out of no where, and wiping the whole group in dungeon or a solo player in a quest dungeon, but hey, we need more challenge, eventually we will still kill the boss!............. *pokerface*

That person probably is still in the early levels...

*whoosh* ........
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bojanged wrote: »
    I would like to see more adds and AOE's also. What I propose is adds that spawn more adds that do AOE's. If they added this in I think the boss fights would be much more interesting and fun.

Hey wow this is even better!
  • Options
    saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    maybe someone was confused what Adds means compared to add :o
  • Options
    mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Yeah especially the adds that do aoe knock down and can't be CC. Like the ice golems in Frozen Heart. Those really make the fights awesome. More please!!
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have nothing to add to this thread. I'll wait until a few more people post then I'll add to this thread. To spice it up I might even use bold or italic in the font. I won't change font size though. I'll wait until the thread is almost dead, then I'll use the biggest size font for a real challenge :p
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talking about adds...red dragon...the wohle freaking kobold population of fearun is there...

you obviously have no idea how fast kobolds reproduce... seriously doubt its even 1 colony >,>
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly why stop at adds? we should only be allowed to fight the boss 1 at a time, no actually, heres an idea, the boss gates should charge a zen toll. (maybe 1000 zen? PWE get your best men on this)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mentalise1 wrote: »
    Honestly why stop at adds? we should only be allowed to fight the boss 1 at a time, no actually, heres an idea, the boss gates should charge a zen toll. (maybe 1000 zen? PWE get your best men on this)

XD

Good idea! They could charge zen too for allowing groups to decide how many adds or lack of are spawned during boss fights!

Eureka!
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    definately need more adds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Great idea! But as an alternative to using the Zen Toll gate, you could also have an optional narrow, twisty, windy path, with a sheer drop to nothing on both sides, filled with CC immune AoE knockback casting groups of mobs, it should take about a half hour to get through.

That way no one can complain about not being able to get in, the toll gate is just a convenience!
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea! But as an alternative to using the Zen Toll gate, you could also have an optional narrow, twisty, windy path, with a sheer drop to nothing on both sides, filled with CC immune AoE knockback casting groups of mobs, it should take about a half hour to get through.

That way no one can complain about not being able to get in, the toll gate is just a convenience!

Exactly, stupid freeloaders complaining about the windy passage, don't they know anything about business, the windy passage/zen toll gate is what keeps neverwinter afloat, PWE has to do this to make money, anyone who disagrees is a troll, a heathen and a generally unsavory character beyond redemption.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Exactly, stupid freeloaders complaining about the windy passage, don't they know anything about business, the windy passage/zen toll gate is what keeps neverwinter afloat, PWE has to do this to make money, anyone who disagrees is a troll, a heathen and a generally unsavory character beyond redemption.

Hear hear! We can't let in the riffraff. Only those with blue names are important! Keep this f2p game exclusive to us true believers who paid a little money upfront once so everyone else leaves in disgust and they don't make any more money!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay sarcasm.

But seriously.. The adds on a lot of these events are just ridiculous and makes me not want to do them anymore than I have to. So instead of designing fun events they are more of a chore.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bojanged wrote: »

And make sure that their standard tactic is "Stand in my buddy's AoE! It's nice and warm!" so that meleeing them is more convenient.