test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Paragon paths

asdafrakasdafrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I tried searching the forums and could only find speculation or discussion of current paragon paths

Is there any word when we'll be getting new paragon paths for the current classes (as in; radient servent in addition to divine oracle, Shadow assassin and infiltrator, Wizard of the spiral tower and spellstorm mage [these are the ones i'm speculating will be with the current classes]) or is it just going to be "soon"

also on that note, when are we gonna see the alternative classes (brawny rogue, battle cleric, war wizard) we already have the two fighter classes (great weapon and guardian)

also also is there any word on when the rest of the classes will make their appearance (Paladin, Warlord, Ranger, and my most anticipated, warlock)

edit: also, should i expect a free respec when they do add the new paragon paths in
Post edited by asdafrak on

Comments

• Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha, free respec. Nope they'll make you cough up the coin to pay for a respec if you want a new path. New paths should be added in once most of the players have reached 30+ (in all their alts) and chosen the ONE paragon path available. This should generate the most zen action.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding new paragon paths would be one of the only times when Cryptic will offer a free respec or more likely a complete reset. When Star Trek Online redid their entire skill system, all skill points were set to 0 and players had to redo their skill setup. The Hellbringer paragon path for Scourge Warlocks was listed in the Auction House during Beta Weekends.
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Haha, free respec. Nope they'll make you cough up the coin to pay for a respec if you want a new path. New paths should be added in once most of the players have reached 30+ (in all their alts) and chosen the ONE paragon path available. This should generate the most zen action.

Im 99% we will get free respecc. So stop laughing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »

I'm 100% sure we won't get a free respec.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Adding new paragon paths would be one of the only times when Cryptic will offer a free respec or more likely a complete reset. When Star Trek Online redid their entire skill system, all skill points were set to 0 and players had to redo their skill setup. The Hellbringer paragon path for Scourge Warlocks was listed in the Auction House during Beta Weekends.

This is PWE, not Cryptic (they're just the workhorses). PWE controls the loot.
  • Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »

99%? with PWE? LOL
    I would say more like a 15% Chance after you use a code that you have a 5% Chance to get.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    I'm 100% sure we won't get a free respec.

No no no, you'll get a "free" respec token when you pay $40 to unlock a new paragon path.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    No no no, you'll get a "free" respec token when you pay $40 to unlock a new paragon path.

Ingenious!....
  • Options
    asdafrakasdafrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

interesting that you bring warlocks up because the have the two versions (deceptive and scourge) but they only have 3 paragon tiers that are based of their warlock pact (Eldritch, Fey, Infernal, and Star) which determines the spells bonus effects (example: diabolic grasp damages based of constitution, and you move the target, and infernal warlocks can move the target more based on their intelligence modifier). But hellbringer is also a new paragon path (not in the D&D 4E players handbook) so i suppose their just adding an extra one.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i strongly assume they allready have the different paragon paths and will release them once enough people have hit 60 and need to pay for the respec...
  • Options
    blackfire001blackfire001 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing what PWE has turned this game into and forcing Cryptic to do the buchering. Yea no respecs for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ingenious!....

Indeed! Up next they are looking into ways to monetize chat and ppmc (pay per mouse click) the opportunities are endless!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Indeed! Up next they are looking into ways to monetize chat and ppmc (pay per mouse click) the opportunities are endless!

They already know how to monetize chat, in PWE's flagship game Perfect World players had to pay real money for trumpets to chat in general chat (shout).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They already know how to monetize chat, in PWE's flagship game Perfect World players had to pay real money for trumpets to chat in general chat (shout).

Oh man I was only (half) joking, that's depressing :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh man I was only (half) joking, that's depressing :(

These are the people who run this game (to the ground). Would've been fine without them. Everything's a lottery, overpriced, or rented.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    These are the people who run this game (to the ground). Would've been fine without them. Everything's a lottery, overpriced, or rented.

Maybe a book will be written on how to kill a perfectly good game in 1 easy step. I almost feel bad for the devs who worked their butts off only to have PWE pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It seems they aren't even allowed to communicate with us beyond canned responses. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe a book will be written on how to kill a perfectly good game in 1 easy step. I almost feel bad for the devs who worked their butts off only to have PWE pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It seems they aren't even allowed to communicate with us beyond canned responses. :(

I feel bad for them too. Must be horrible to see your art and effort turned into a clowncar lottery.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The cash shop is starting to pay off for the players on STO. We are getting a major expansion to the game in a little more than a week. Also, all of the art assets are being updated with this expansion. It really is impressive with what they have done. Cryptic is having a lot better success with PWE than they did with Atari. That said, the cash shop does seem to be worse on this game than it does on STO. Neverwinter is the first Cryptic game developed wholly under PWE's watch.
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahahahahahah free respec, oh boy......ahahaha........I like you innocent ones, you remind me of simpler times.
  • Options
    gunakkigunakki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope Cryptic adds more paragon class choices soon. I'm playing GWF and I would love to have IRON VANGUARD paragon class. I have also noticed the lack of GREATAXES in the game. I need more GREATAXES!!!