test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game will be a roadmap.

neverderp3012neverderp3012 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Of how to completely fail at beta and launches in the MMO space.

Mark my words. There will be inside jokes about this.

"You totally neverwintered that bro!"

"Hey, never neverwinter us again."

"You totally Perfect Worlded that."

"Don't be Cryptic. Just fail out loud so we can all make fun of you."

etc.

I'm not an interested party. I have no D&D stories to share, although I played as a kid. I have no stake in the the success of the game. I Only came here because a friend recommended it. But this game is (and deserves to be) an object lesson on failure.

This. Is. Bad.

The combat is amazing and fun.

And that's the only part of the experience that deserves to be called Beta. The rest is a mishmash of hacked together <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that feels like none of the teams working on the game have even met, much less actually played the game or played the game together.

This will be a meme...

And unlike Diablo 3, there isn't enough in this game to help it rise above the inevitable derision.

So yeah, this will get deleted. And maybe some fans will argue.

Whatever. If I can help get even 1 person to not support this tragedy, I win.

Totally. Like, completely win the game.

Oh. And "panthers" and "Gruyere" and "Fuel Injector". Because frankly random quoted words that have no connection, meaning or relevance seems appropriate here.

After all, that's how this thing seems to have been designed.

Pudding,

Foot Powder Snail Girdle
Post edited by neverderp3012 on

Comments

• protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    5e4ed_ORIG_he_mad.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    /shrug

I'm enjoying the game myself so not sure what you're babbling on about.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Is that a new genre? Some kind of rant to win syndrome?

I'm sorry it's been that hard for you, you shouldn't let a game take that much importance, while you have the right to complain, but you shouldn't be so confident that your opinion about a game worth more than any.

As much as you feel the game is a non-sense, your post makes no senses either.

I think you try to get attention, but you brings nothing to discuss at or argue with, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I disagree, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and I'm sure many thousands of other players are too - just because you don't like it and think it's a failure or will be remembered as one - doesn't mean it will. Your opinion is valid, it's just not as powerful as you might (like to) think.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    Is that a new genre? Some kind of rant to win syndrome?

I'm sorry it's been that hard for you, you shouldn't let a game take that much importance, while you have the right to complain, but you shouldn't be so confident that your opinion about a game worth more than any.

As much as you feel the game is a non-sense, your post makes no senses either.

I think you try to get attention, but you brings nothing to discuss at or argue with, sorry.

It's gold Jerry, gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    p2w all day errrr day
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only complaint I have about this game is their Gateway system is a mess. Can't use it at work because it keeps asking me for an authorization code which it never sends to my e-mail except for once. Which didn't work anyways because it still timed out before the e-mail was sent so when I tried relogging the code wouldn't work. Not to mention trying to use Technical Support here was a joke to get the issue remedied. Thankfully, the game itself isn't plagued by this nonsense.
  • sausagefansausagefan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely love this game. There are some things that could be improved, but I have confidence the beta process will iron things out.

It's odd that you mentioned D3, since I just gave that up for this (only played D3 incredibly sporadically to begin with, since it is a depressing train wreck). This is also far more fun than WoW has been in quite awhile. There are definitely problems, but I'm confident in saying that this outclasses most games I could name.
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the jokes are already circulating on facebook.

Twitch streams showcasing people using pay to win scrolls like they are candy is not helping and neither are the founders making posts that its legit to be afk during PvP or justifying their use of exploits.

Keeping the game installed as a side game so that when i'm bored, i can fire it up and kill mobs and their endless adds if i feel like it.
  • nunganoknunganok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what you are saying is you wasted your time on this game, and now you are on the forum talking trash and if someone agrees with your opinion you win?

Sounds like you're an idiot that has no real priorities that likes to waste their time since they are so useless there's not much you could do that would be practical with your time.

Please, go back to League of Legends. If you don't play League of Legends, my bad, you sure act like a 13 year old BR huehueheuhuehuehuehue.
    " To call someone a Troll is Trolling in Itself; no matter if it is true or not." -Neverlogic 2013
  • starguidedstarguided Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really liked the game, I don't see why it would fail (maybe for the lack of bags and slots and the tons of enchantments and potions you get - $10 a bag seems tense. xD).
    Of course there's a lot of things that must be done, we have lots of bugs and they REALLY should take a look at adds in boss fight, its excessive, and their skill dont seem to have cooldown, but whatever), the game brings a really nostalgic feeling, its veeery nice to quest, the skills are simple, you don't have to pull 2847 buttons, and it brings lots of new stuff we never saw in MMOs. ^^

I like it. <3
  • srikandi715srikandi715 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like several things about this game, but I completely agree with the OP about this:
    The rest is a mishmash of hacked together <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that feels like none of the teams working on the game have even met, much less actually played the game or played the game together.

There are too many gameplay systems which don't go with the D+D RPG genre, nor with each other, and which make no sense at all in the gameworld; they are just there to manage player behavior in various ways, presumably to increase profitability. If you can ignore them and just get on with the decent RPG that's in there somewhere, good for you; but the game interface and many of its systems are designed to keep them in your face.

Some examples:

1) All the different currencies... of which some pairs can be converted and others can't, and all the different vendors, interfaces and trading systems that go with them. Unrealistic and immersion breaking. I'm sure there's some design philosophy behind it but I'll be darned if I know what it is.

2) Leadership as a crafting profession... wtf? Makes no sense at all. Is this in there just so you can earn XP when you're not actually playing?

3) Crafting agents more generally. At least in SWTOR that was your otherwise idle, shipbound crew, who had avatars and personalities; in NW they are disembodied identical character portraits, with no life in the gameworld, and apparently your slaves. Immersion breaking and awkward.

4) Real time intruding on game time, via scheduled events, the invocation system, crafting timers and companion training timers. The flow of gameplay is continually being interrupted by these timers; it's a lot like a workday when you can't get anything done because of appointments and meetings, except here, we are not getting paid for the irritation, unlike on the job. Again, it's immersion breaking and has no gameworld rationale (game time is never treated as isochronous with real time, just like a movie or a book); the feeling is that the reason for the timers is to keep you worrying about the game's schedule even when you aren't playing.

5) My char is almost level 25, and has changed armor probably 50 times, and yet every item she puts on looks identical to all the others. I have no problem with having fancier, prettier stuff in the cash shop, but that is no excuse for making only one set of art for absolutely everything else :O Again, unrealistic, atypical of the genre, and immersion breaking.

6) Seems like the enchant/socketing system is designed specifically to take up bag space, so you will have to pay for it. Yes, Diablo 2 started this trend with gem combining in the Horadric Cube; caused massive storage angst then and still does, and exploiting this design for cash is just abusive.

I'm going to keep playing this for a while, but I completely understand where the OP of this thread is coming from, and I think he's right (and, incidentally, is doing something completely apppropriate for a discussion forum like this one, despite views to the contrary :O )
  • corporation01corporation01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

etc.

I'm not an interested party. I have no D&D stories to share, although I played as a kid. I have no stake in the the success of the game. I Only came here because a friend recommended it. But this game is (and deserves to be) an object lesson on failure.

This. Is. Bad.

And that's the only part of the experience that deserves to be called Beta. The rest is a mishmash of hacked together <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that feels like none of the teams working on the game have even met, much less actually played the game or played the game together.

This will be a meme...

And unlike Diablo 3, there isn't enough in this game to help it rise above the inevitable derision.

Oh. And "panthers" and "Gruyere" and "Fuel Injector". Because frankly random quoted words that have no connection, meaning or relevance seems appropriate here.

Pudding,

Foot Powder Snail Girdle

Dry your eyes princess.
  • demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the game.
    /shrugs
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

etc.

This. Is. Bad.

This will be a meme...

Pudding,

Foot Powder Snail Girdle

Your name is so apt in this situation it's uncanny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • kromdarkromdar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf are you whining about? i have played many many betas, this is one of the best betas i have ever played, and that is something not to forget. if you went and purchased a game that was in open beta for server stress tests and you expected a fully completed game than you are truly an idiot