test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Lower Pvp Dmg

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's absolutely ridiculous how much dmg people do at lvl 60.

Even in a simple 1v1 the dmg is too much, let alone any sort of team fight.

I'm a CW with very crappy gear and an epic weapon, and I can pretty much 100-0 anyone with a simple combo.

Any sort of short CC becomes extremely overpowered just because of this, between 2 CW's whoever chokes the other first basically wins, simple as that.

And on top of that dodge is mostly useless 90% of the time especially because alot of attacks just register regardless of where you move to and the dodge frame is so incredibly small. There's almost no room for actual skill play the way it is right now.

Same goes for Rogues who can just jump someone and either daze lock them or become immune to CC and one shot people with their daily. CW's are guilty of this as well, stack debuffs, one shot with Ice Knife.

Hell I've even had GWF's just stunlock me from 100-0 multiple times.

Dmg just scales WAAY too hard at later levels. I don't even want to think how the 20 v 20 map will be.

Either cut dmg in half (along with healing? idk) or just triple/double everyone's health pools in pvp, it's just stupid atm.
Post edited by knoteskad on

Comments

• Options
    opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Defense needs to actually be more useful, and a pvp related stat would be excellent. And for gods sakes, diminishing returns. It's like the people who did pvp in this game worked for Blizzard when Wow was first released, then have never played a single pvp game since.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The lack of diminishing returns would be perfectly fine if either :

1) The TTK was much longer (like lower levels) or

2) There was a way to break a cc on cd.

TBH if there were harsh DR's put in it would pretty much invalidate the point of CW's as controllers. We're already pretty much pigeon holed into a generic burst/dmg build.

It wouldn't be so bad being stunlocked for 4 seconds if you took 15 seconds to kill from a single person.

I can drop someone in 3-4 seconds lol.
  • Options
    supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, TTK is absurd. I've said it before, pvp is currently all about who one shots who first. All classes can do it, except maybe the cleric, but any decent cleric will be impossible to kill 1v1 anyways.

Serious pvp changes are needed, I think everyone can agree on that. This isn't a shooter, it's a mmorpg. The TTK needs to be like 10 times longer than it is now at least, along with appropriate adjustments made to the cleric. Once that happens there will actually be things like tactics and strategy in pvp.

Otherwise you might as well just remove all powers from pvp and give everyone a big stick that kills anyone else on contact. Because that's pretty much what it is right now.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    afaik Damage is actually reduced for PvP already as far as I can see, probably just needs some fine tuning... too high and classes like rogue will dominate too much and too low then classes like cleric will dominate too much and I really don't expect them to get that fine line on first attempt.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, TTK is absurd. I've said it before, pvp is currently all about who one shots who first. All classes can do it, except maybe the cleric, but any decent cleric will be impossible to kill 1v1 anyways.

Serious pvp changes are needed, I think everyone can agree on that. This isn't a shooter, it's a mmorpg. The TTK needs to be like 10 times longer than it is now at least, along with appropriate adjustments made to the cleric. Once that happens there will actually be things like tactics and strategy in pvp.

Otherwise you might as well just remove all powers from pvp and give everyone a big stick that kills anyone else on contact. Because that's pretty much what it is right now.

I was actually really excited when I started pvp'ing at lower levels because of how long the TTK.

Boy was I foolish, I should've known it would've plummeted come end game, considering how many MMO's I've played.

Just once I'd like an MMO with pvp that didn't end in 5 seconds and took strategy/thought. Especially as a "controller" I thought it'd be much more interesting, and not the POM pyro mage it is now.
  • Options
    dseedwdseedw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree dmg in pvp in high, and getting comboed and dying isnt as much fun on the receiving end.
    I do believe the overall goal of pvp in this game is to have some fun on the side, and PvE being the "main" focus if you will.

and having pvp being a short/burst encounter is pretty good as far as im concerned.
    sure you might die to someone in a CC, but if you land yours.. you can get a kill.

and it is very much skill based, especially the squishy classes(TR/CW)

the one thing i love about this game is the cast animation on all the different skills, and the fact that if you are not mashing your buttons like a mad man and actually calculate your moves. you can counter ppl pretty hard with your dodge/shift/sprint.

vast majority of the dmg you take comes from encounter skills, every single one of them has a unique animation, and can be dodged. this is espcially true for TR, which alot of people seems to want to tank in the face then cry when they get hit after they let the TR set up a combo.

sure you might say that it doesnt matter if you die inside a CC, however, i rarely died inside a CC to anybody. 1 on 1, barring daily uses.

I like daily as the I WIN button that almost everybody has. makes pvp a lot more interesting than the "amg hes down to 1% and just healed to full in 2 seconds from pot/healer" you get that big glowy button that you press to help you burst ppl, and since the arenas are all pretty small. you see them agian in 20-30 seconds agian at most, sometimes, 10-15 seconds if you are fighting on the middle point.

there are classes where you can dish out some really good dmg, but you also die fast. (TR/CW)
    then theres a middle ground in GWF, where he doesnt "one shot you" but you cant just ignore.
    DC and GF provides support and increases the effectiveness of the glass canon classes.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a dangerous path to walk down. If you make adjustments to damage, then you have to make adjustments to both healing and mitigation.

Honestly - I do not want to fall into the trap that is pvp only stats and Cryptic is not known for such things.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    firefly113firefly113 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    This is a dangerous path to walk down. If you make adjustments to damage, then you have to make adjustments to both healing and mitigation.

Honestly - I do not want to fall into the trap that is pvp only stats and Cryptic is not known for such things.

Actually, they added PvP stats in CO when they overhauled its PvP. Which sadly put the last nail into PvP's coffin for that game.

I'd really hate to see them do that here. I hate, hate, hate, needing two sets of gear for two different types of game play. The devastating gear we get in PvE should devastate people in PvP, and vice versa.
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    EVERY GAME DOESNT HAVE TO BE LIKE FRIGGIN WOW! Finally when a game comes where theres more fast phased pvp, people cry like friggin babies. DEAL WITH IT! In daoc as a nightshade/shadowblade/infiltrator you could 1 combo kill someone, faster than in this game. No whine there. Its when all the WoW kids came around whiners got born. FU*KING Q-Q!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »

No definately not, I'm no saying to add pvp stats at all that would be awful.

I like being able to use pve gear in pvp and vice versa.

But something needs to be done. They have CC abilities re-tuned for pvp they could do the same for dmg, etc.

It simply isn't fun the way it is.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 60 pvp = everyone can 2 shot anyone, it just comes down to who can initiate first.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    nosniktanosnikta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe people need to learn to itemize better and get defensive stats everyone just builds glass cannon right now u cant build all damage and cry when u get one shot first lmao
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nosnikta wrote: »
    Maybe people need to learn to itemize better and get defensive stats everyone just builds glass cannon right now u cant build all damage and cry when u get one shot first lmao

I can assure you that's not the problem.

Go ask any tanky built GF'S.
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    dodge is mostly useless 90% of the time

Stopped reading there.

Get gud pls.
  • Options
    athrogatezathrogatez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think +ac just needs to add a bit more damage reduction, so guardians are actually tanky
  • Options
    supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No definately not, I'm no saying to add pvp stats at all that would be awful.

I like being able to use pve gear in pvp and vice versa.

But something needs to be done. They have CC abilities re-tuned for pvp they could do the same for dmg, etc.

It simply isn't fun the way it is.

Agreed. I think most people with mmo experience know that pvp only stats and gear are a bad idea. I've personally seen too many good games ruined by that stuff. I also like using one set of gear for both, needing two sets would be terrible.

I honestly don't know if there is a simple solution to this problem. Perhaps a general reduction in damage and healing across the board might do the trick, but maybe it needs something more involved than that. CCs would have to be handled carefully because you don't want to gimp classes that rely on them like the CW. Defensive stats probably need to be re-evaluated and tweaked to make defensive builds viable.

Whatever they do, they need to make it so that any major changes only affect pvp. At the same time, they need to stay far away from <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like pvp only stats and gear. The answer is out there somewhere, I just hope they find it soon. The pvp in Neverwinter is actually really fun, and I think it has the potential to be even better. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope they get it right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    Stopped reading there.

Get gud pls.

Yes, and everytime someone dodges out after I cc then and just faceroll my combo, they rarely are able to dodge anything. Trying to dodge a big hit is all about luck with the dodge frame being so incredibly small.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Trying to dodge a big hit is all about luck

m8 pls.

get gud.
  • Options
    pingor318pingor318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this happens I'll probably quit playing, like a previous poster stated although not in a very good way, I'm glad the PvP is meaty and damage actually feels damaging. I absolutely hate games like WoW where everyone is a damage sponge and it takes an age to kill them. Maybe NWO could tweak a few things but if it ends up taking a while to take down one person I'll most likely move on.
  • Options
    showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's absolutely ridiculous how much dmg people do at lvl 60.

Even in a simple 1v1 the dmg is too much, let alone any sort of team fight.

I'm a CW with very crappy gear and an epic weapon, and I can pretty much 100-0 anyone with a simple combo.

Any sort of short CC becomes extremely overpowered just because of this, between 2 CW's whoever chokes the other first basically wins, simple as that.

YEAH!

NERF DEM SMELLY ROGUE-

wait a second...
  • Options
    aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Please don't go down the wow path. Think this as a FPS game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aelvez0120 wrote: »
    Please don't go down the wow path. Think this as a FPS game.

Sorry but there's too many MMO's that went the way of "FPS twitch pvp" and it's skill-less and boring as all hell.

Yes even your precious WoW was guilty of this.

If you want FPS go play an FPS.

This is an FPS with everyone having auto aim.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    If they lower PvP damage, my GF will go from having 0 deaths every match to -

well, it probably won't matter for him.

Seriously tho, this is a bad idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    If they lower PvP damage, my GF will go from having 0 deaths every match to -

well, it probably won't matter for him.

Seriously tho, this is a bad idea.

You must be doing something wrong then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK I'm going to give you a serious answer on the off chance that you're not trolling:

PvP in this game DOES require skill. Look, I've been gibbed more times than I can count in PvP but I can assure that as your gear and skill improves so does your enjoyment of PvP.

Yes burst damage is high, I made a thread about this myself. But it's FUN that way. OK so sometimes you get instagibbed with 3 people on you but so what?! You res at the graveyard and pretty quickly you're back in the fray. This is a really great mechanic.

I love the PvP in this game. It's fast paced, exciting and it feels dangerous. If you nerf damage 2 things will happen:

1. PvP will become a snoozefest where it takes forever to down someone. That's not a game I want to play. If I wanted to experience WoW PvP I would have stayed in WoW.

2. Clerics and GFs will become ridiculously OP (some would argue that they already are). It's already difficult to down a decent cleric or GF. You can't just burst them down in seconds like you can the other classes. If you lower damage they will literally become immortal.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Its so funny that people whine about how they get one shotted all the time.. funny thing is this doesn't happen to me. It might be because I actually stack defense and life steal on my characters for some survivability instead of going glass cannon and stacking my crit power and such.

People will catch up or continue to whine.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d4rkh4n wrote: »
    EVERY GAME DOESNT HAVE TO BE LIKE FRIGGIN WOW! Finally when a game comes where theres more fast phased pvp, people cry like friggin babies. DEAL WITH IT! In daoc as a nightshade/shadowblade/infiltrator you could 1 combo kill someone, faster than in this game. No whine there. Its when all the WoW kids came around whiners got born. FU*KING Q-Q!

ahahahahahaha fast PACED pvp? man you never played wow, people instant gib you before you can say what?

and mate stop summoning zombies(daoc) we are in 2013 if you didn't noticed
  • Options
    ronkdebracheronkdebrache Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "and it is very much skill based, especially the squishy classes(TR/CW)"

Trickster Rogue and Skill

In the same sentence? Oh come on!