test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starter Questions

thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1) How much $USD does Zen cost?

2) How much Zen does a character slot cost?

3) Where is all the info about this game?
Post edited by thepresident777 on

Comments

• terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 - 100 zen equals 1 US dollar.

2 - I thought 500 but I've been hearing people say 2 for 600 ... So I think I'm wrong.

3. It is new but there is a wiki for it I think at http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Wiki

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    1) A single Zen costs a single American Penny. $1 = 100 Zen

2) Character slots are 500 Zen($5) for 2.

3) There are many sources of info, look through the options in the menu at the top of the page, and check the official wiki(there is a sticky linking to it in these general forums).
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    2) Character slots are 500 Zen($5) for 2.

Ah ha .... I knew that 500 zen came into buying character slots somehow. I just couldn't remember how? I looked at the price at one point and remembered the 500 zen. I just hadn't realized at the time it was for 2 character slots.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was fast. Thank you very much.
    edited May 2013
    AC is listed on items but it I don't see it in the Ratings screen. How does it work?

I rolled up a Human TR, 16 str, 18 dex, 12 cha, 10 wis/int/con. I'm not sure where to put my ability increases. I keep wanting to put them in str for the damage and stamina regen.
    edited May 2013
    Looking through some of the build stickies and there isn't much mention of ability point distribution or the effect of ability score. Do these things matter? The bonuses do seem rather small. I get the impression that equipment matters the most.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 - 100 zen equals 1 US dollar.

2 - I thought 500 but I've been hearing people say 2 for 600 ... So I think I'm wrong.

3. It is new but there is a wiki for it I think at http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Wiki
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki is the more official wiki, but needs some tender loving care to make it proper.
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki is the more official wiki, but needs some tender loving care to make it proper.

Thx, but could you help me out with my latest batch of questions about 2 posts up.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not much information is available yet for min/max builds since the game is still fairly new. A lot of the attribute stats can be balanced out with the correct gear though. If you have more questions while playing of a general nature, feel free to join the NWO-Newbies channel from my custom channel guide. Also might help if you post in the individual class forum that you have questions about.
  • spartnspartn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    not much information is available yet for min/max builds since the game is still fairly new. A lot of the attribute stats can be balanced out with the correct gear though. If you have more questions while playing of a general game, feel free to join the nwo-newbies channel from my custom channel guide.

+1

this!:)
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Not much information is available yet for min/max builds since the game is still fairly new. A lot of the attribute stats can be balanced out with the correct gear though. If you have more questions while playing of a general nature, feel free to join the NWO-Newbies channel from my custom channel guide. Also might help if you post in the individual class forum that you have questions about.

Is the AC mechanism understood?

P.S.
    It's pretty messed up that people are expected to play a game without knowing how, eseentially to test it, then the players/testers get charged for a respec. Perfect World should be paying us to test their game, not the other way around.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can mouse over the stats/icons in your character screen to see the more detailed components.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I posted some answers to questions new players ask here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235682-In-game-Faq.

As for your build, I suggest having a look at some youtube vids on trickster rogues, there arent any concrete guides but some of them do give you a better idea of where to start.

Trickster rogues main abilities points go to Dex then strength usually, theres is some debate wether taking stats past 20 is much use though, but if your below 20 dex for now i would start putting points in that.
    edited May 2013
    I see that but it's meaningless information without a reference.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013