test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mute Heavy Inferno Spam Messages

lythanorlythanor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How can I mute these annoying messages that keep spamming my screen? I already muted Zone chat so I dont have to see the non stop spam there and now I keep getting spam right to the middle of my screen every few minutes?

Please tell me how to block these messages so I can game in peace!
Post edited by lythanor on

Comments

• Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you dont ...at present no way to mute it much to our dismay.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    You can't. Whoever made the chat client needs to be flogged for this as well as the abomination of Auto-Complete.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh god yes the auto complete if that could be turned off that would be wonderful too.

Is there a shortcut key to change between chans too? Like from Party to Guild to Say other than pressing alt to do it? I notice if you start typing you cant use the mouse to change chans which means I end up typing many things twice.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    lythanor wrote: »
    Oh god yes the auto complete if that could be turned off that would be wonderful too.

Is there a shortcut key to change between chans too? Like from Party to Guild to Say other than pressing alt to do it? I notice if you start typing you cant use the mouse to change chans which means I end up typing many things twice.

/channelname is how I always do it.
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They think this will make me want to buy keys... LOL. It only makes me hate them for their efforts.
    You nickel and dime at every freakin turn and you still have to shove this garbage in my face?

And I agree, the chat system is an abomination.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My only thought is they want us to feal "jealous" of the people who get a nightmare inferno or something silly like that =P

All it does it make me think wow these arent very rare stop spamming them in the middle of my screen when I am doing something else like PVP or fighting a boss mob and distracting me =\

Personally I wouldnt be game to ride a Nightmare as it would burn your bum terribly =P

Plus its an evil creature why would anyone with "good" alignment want to ride one? Considering the game forces everyone to roll a Lawful Good character =\

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Nightmare
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Its the same system they use in STO to announce that captain fartwad looted an ancient borg battle potatochip.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Having played Tera, the fact that the announcement for the mount only lasts about half a second is a godsend. Tera announcements last for days, I swear.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should put the announcement somewhere NOT in chat. 90% of the time I ignore the chat anyway.

Same goes for system announcements.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't remove it, it's shows how intelligent and thoughtfull names people can create. Like C****estroyer, H*rse***ker, Mo**tC***t, CorpseR****r and rest of the stuff that seems to get past the Namefilter. There's a Namefilter??? I guess it's for actual real persons names...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    Well you all should really stop complaining and be glad they are not using GameGuards Chat system. where you have to Block the Same SPAMMERS over and over again with every Log In LoL...I do not see anything wrong with there Chat System except that Im seeing more players getting 2 of them nightmare horses in A row when I can not even get one. Thats telling me that the game basis everything on what everyone else rolls for it and then keeps it adding for other player rolls as well...

Are we on the LoL forum?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013