test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Payment Options

woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I searched the site, but haven't seen much on this topic to answer my question.

Will we have the option to pay directly by credit card in the near future? When I select MasterCard/Visa it takes me to the Skrill/Moneybookers site for payment. I would rather not have to deal with Paypal or Skrill for payment as I find them as rather shady companies and I don't like their business practices. Also, it would be nice if using a credit card for your account to buy Zen or whatever currency comes next, that you are able to store this as part of your account as many other MMO's do so when you checkout, it can be done with as little entry as possible. I am sure there may be some security issues at hand, but I am not sure why it's seems different here compared to other MMO's.

I am enjoying this game greatly other than the payment options.

Thoughts/Comments?

Thanks.
Post edited by woundtwister on

Comments

• mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have you looked into the PWE Prepaid cards? If you don't trust Paypal, why would you trust giving your info directly to PWE? You can buy the cards at retailers and use them without disclosing any personal info.
  • marinokadame12marinokadame12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres always Google Wallet that you can use for it, except you get no special bonus if you buy 5000zens.
  • woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    Have you looked into the PWE Prepaid cards? If you don't trust Paypal, why would you trust giving your info directly to PWE? You can buy the cards at retailers and use them without disclosing any personal info.

I would just rather pay directly by credit card if possible without having to register or enter a bunch of information through the other vendors. Are you telling me the PWE is just as bad?
  • woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I brings me to my original question, why can't they process payments through the usual processes? Is it because it's an arm of a foreign company they limits them from doing this?
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a number of options for payment, just because you don't like the options doesn't mean they should add more.
    edited May 2013
    jakula1 wrote: »
    There is a number of options for payment, just because you don't like the options doesn't mean they should add more.

It seems rather in the dark ages to go this route for payment options and it reminds me of those who sell gold like IGE or one of those companies I see spamming every web site and in game chat there is.

All I am simply asking is why there isn't a direct credit card checkout option instead of having to go through PayPal or Skrill to do it. The superfluous comments aren't really helpful here.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems rather in the dark ages to go this route for payment options and it reminds me of those who sell gold like IGE or one of those companies I see spamming every web site and in game chat there is.

All I am simply asking is why there isn't a direct credit card checkout option instead of having to go through PayPal or Skrill to do it. The superfluous comments aren't really helpful here.

I am speculating that PWE doesn't want to get involved with setting up and processing a direct credit card system. This could be due to any number of reasons, not least of which might be that they see the fees they would have to pay as being too much and have, therefore, worked out some kind of a more advantageous deal with PayPal / Skrill (Moneybookers). Or, that setting up a department to deal with credit card processing would not be financially in their best interests. Or, they simply don't want to deal with what is seen
    as a hassle. Remember, I'm speculating ... I don't know anything as a fact.

Lottie
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Um, does your list not have the Visa and MasterCard option between PayPal and Skrill? Like this?
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    Um, does your list not have the Visa and MasterCard option between PayPal and Skrill?
    Like this?

I imagine that his list has that option. Mine does. However, even if that is the option that you choose, you still have to go through either PayPal or Skrill (Moneybookers). There doesn't seem to be any other option.

Lottie
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »
    I imagine that his list has that option. Mine does. However, even if that is the option that you choose, you still have to go through either PayPal or Skrill (Moneybookers). There doesn't seem to be any other option.

Lottie
    Are those companies not used just as verification tools, though? The option allows you to charge your card without creating an account with either PP or Skrill.