test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

threat generation with cleric and tanking

kiriankadorkiriankador Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I found out during dungeon delves that I tank more damage with cleric even when there is tank in the party. Is it tank's fault or I generate too much threat? I try to use only astral shield, hallowed ground and sun burst. and I use soothe of course
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Cleric threat is absolutely broken.
    I have a tank in the mobs face beating them in the head with a sword, and a GWF doing whatever the GWF does...

And I cast one regen or sunburst and it is suddenly murder the cleric time.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    kiriankadorkiriankador Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok just killed pirate king with 4 guys. basically you need a team which knows what it is doing... cw gwf and me handled the adds while another gwf kept boss separated and eventually killed him. we had another cw who had no clue and we were failing fortunately he left
  • Options
    arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah... good luck
  • Options
    anotechanotech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found out during dungeon delves that I tank more damage with cleric even when there is tank in the party. Is it tank's fault or I generate too much threat? I try to use only astral shield, hallowed ground and sun burst. and I use soothe of course

If you have a friend that is a tank, I recommend they check out Threatening Surge, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge. With these three abilities a tank should be able to compensate for the situation. The bottom line is threat could use a slight tuning to put it in line with "other games", but perhaps this is how they intended threat to work.
    I would say irregardless of cleric/tank threat.. it does seem a bit out of balance for dps threat. (meaning, threat does not seem to be an issue for dps classes -- and i think if anything threat concerns should be equal across the board)