test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why this game add Lore & Achievement feature, if it's missable?

pygmal22pygmal22 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
the title say it....

for example, level capping on skirmish availability,
why we cant even join with other lower level player to do a lower level skirmish??

i think, either cryptic disable AD gain from event skirmish if it's below your level, so no one exploit it to do AD farm on lower level + fast skirmish, but you can still enter it, or just remove lore and achievement on skirmish...

maybe for some ppl it's stupid enough to even bother with lore and achievement, but that is my play-style to explore the every details on this game...
Post edited by pygmal22 on

Comments

• eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because most people do not care about achievements.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eight1four wrote: »
    Because most people do not care about achievements.

So I guess you have facts that support this claim that most people do not care about achivements??

I can go ahead and say most people do care about achivements.. there..
  • floppyhorsefloppyhorse Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats stopping you from physically walking up to the location and entering the dungeon?

nothing.

thanks for the thread, dont let the door hit you on the way out.
  • telereth01telereth01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wager that if "most people do not care about achievements" they would be less of a constant and all-pervasive element of every video game from here to Calcutta.

People love achievements. They are just milestones to help you measure progress.

That being said, I have been trying to do all dungeons and skirmishes, only doing storyline missions (all of them) and I am starting to get annoyed at how fast I outlevel things.

EXP needs a nerf.
  • theenigma7theenigma7 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    The simple fact that you can not "walk up to and enter" skirmishes after you are past the level range is stopping it.

Thanks for the uninformed reply that shows you either can not read or have no clue, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Edit: DOH! I forgot to quote in my reply.
  • eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure thing bro, you are entitled to your opinion.
    fotzik wrote: »
    So I guess you have facts that support this claim that most people do not care about achivements??

I can go ahead and say most people do care about achivements.. there..
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats stopping you from physically walking up to the location and entering the dungeon?

That doesn't work with skirmishes.
    If I am in error, please correct me in detail. (seriously, please do. I would like to know how to do it!)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I startedd a new character. And he is not able to get some time-related achievements like "partecipated to the beta test" or "was in the ABC event", ok, that's fine with me. I passed the last three levels in a queue to join ebon down's skirmish. One misclick and I outleveled it.
    Now I can't even get all my skirmish achievements.

And my main is in the same situation.

Please, get some way to unlock those, like "extra skirmish levels for level 60 guys, no prize, no AD, unlocking the achievements"... achievements you can miss, on a game you're not supposed to start over (not until I get my hands on Guardian Angel!) are just bad...
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    The skirmish lore is basically some rehash of each adventure zone, similar to the appropriate dungeons. There's nothing really new lorewise in the skirmishes. I was disappointed as well, just because that's less to do at 60, not because of achievements. There has been a ton of feedback on this so hopefully they'll add some in a future update.