test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs aren't using money properly

thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Otherwise the servers wouldn't be down all the time.

We get a notification in game every time someone gets one of those crazy mounts. So every time we see that message, the devs are getting money (this doesn't even include the people that aren't getting mounts). Don't forget about the founders.

Yeah, so what are you doing with your money, devs? Ripping people off?
Post edited by thestatesman on

Comments

• Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a great idea about what they might be doing with that money...
    I don't know you... but I don't want to be banned :)
    so, I should keep my thoughts to myself... right? :) Publishers... Please don't take it serious :)
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    ya know its not like anyone cares <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> got this or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> got that, how about you cut that garbage and save some bandwidth so your servers dont crash all the time....
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps it is time to bring back login queues for free players again since this may simply be a load issue, so limiting the number of players during weekends and prime times may help ...

Of course, then you would probably not be playing right now either, but those whose money you are so concerned about would be. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    What, you mean booze women and shiny cars aren't a good use of money?
  • Options
    leetpirateleetpirate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's PWE that hosts the servers not the Devs
    Blame PWE, always blame PWE :D
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For such gaming environment you will require cluster DB Servers , many decent servers, cluster switches and routers, storage units. Maybe a load balancer, firewall and ips for security reasons. Even you buy everything from the cheapest all will require 1m $. So i don't expect them to invest more before earning a bit.
  • Options
    faction2010faction2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Technology challenges during the initial stages of public utilization? Completely unacceptable!

Relax.
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devs dont spend your money it goes to both cryptic and PWE company/CEOs and the devs are hired at a set rate this is how companies work. Also the servers are down because either they got a whole lot more players than they expected and it crashed or its just a faulty server either way not the devs fault kindly stop blind rage and think before you post.

P.S. Devs do what they are told they often dont like what they are told to code into the game and the high costs for stuff is marketing not devs.
  • Options
    wyrmstoothwyrmstooth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know what "coming soon" means for the new class and race. Weeks, months, Christmas? And what are they? I like how the open beta for MechWarrior Online holds little as far as secrets go, as to what is down the pipeline in that game. Would be nice to have a little more info here as well.
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    A beta that goes down often, totally unheard of! Give me my money back! RAGE! Really? PTFD LOL
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, devs are not responsible on server hosting issues. But they're responsible on server code/client code stability.

Get a clue really.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This MMO is just too good for it's own good.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    anigamoranigamor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MONEY FIGHT!

tumblr_m6tqbg4dkj1qcnueyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people really need to cut devs i.e the guys on 'factory floor' more slack. Every mmo forum you turn to its devs this and devs that, out and out insults to actual people.
    You think the sound effects guys or the texture artists or guys like that get the slightest say in stuff like pricing models, when content is released, god knows how many other things?
    guy at the top say we're going to release and you know they know **** well its got bugs running all through it you've no choice in the matter.

People need to get off the devs backs and put the blame where it belongs.
  • Options
    drbocknsteindrbocknstein Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game had to have cost less then most MMO's do. I know they did not spend much on the VO budget because man is that acting bad.
  • Options
    demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Perhaps it is time to bring back login queues for free players again since this may simply be a load issue, so limiting the number of players during weekends and prime times may help ...

Of course, then you would probably not be playing right now either, but those whose money you are so concerned about would be. :)

Are all supporters jerks?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys know that, at least partially, the servers that run NW also run STO and CO, right? Those crashes and such we had earlier this week - they took those other games down too. This means that the devs tried to take an easy way out and use the existing hardware for all 3 games...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A beta that goes down often, totally unheard of! Give me my money back! RAGE! Really? PTFD LOL

A beta where the company accepts cash payments for ingame goods that might vanish once the game comes out of beta?

Laughing all the way to the bank, Cryptic is. Taken your money, they have and returned crappy service under the guise of beta, they have.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont think their service is crappy...they are very fast and communicate often... besides, i think these 500 dollar mohwak-haircuts from andy velasquez are probably one major money drain...
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely bring back the log in queues if it means it will bring server stability.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    demamp wrote: »
    Are all supporters jerks?

Do all free players lack a sense of humor?

Look, the whining here is getting old, just like the personal attacks, the slandering of the developer, the bashing of the publisher. There were no server issues during headstart, so if the increased frequency of network and server troubles is related to load problems, and I do not know if that is the case, then bringing back queues for free players is a viable appproach. The OP would not like that, either, which was the entire point.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!